Thread: The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats

As you all know, occasionally I write things that I think people will find interesting. Here is something I wrote concerning the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

I hear and read people frequently say Republicans and Democrats are the same. While they have similarities, they also have very distinct and important differences, especially in respect to freedom and liberty. For example, Democrats support unions and the requirement that if someone is to work they must belong to a union. In other words Democrats support forcing people to belong to an organization that, among other things, is very politically active, even if the people being forced don’t agree with the positions being advocated for by the union.

Take the Republicans on the other hand. They generally support the Second Amendment and the NRA. The NRA is also an organization that is politically active. The difference is the NRA is an organization that people belong to willingly, no one forces them. If they don’t like what the NRA does or what the NRA is supporting, then they end their membership. No one forces them, one way or the other.

There is one other important difference. While Republicans want to give people the option of joining, or not joining, unions (in other words Republicans support freedom and liberty), Democrats are using the power of government to scare away supporters of the NRA. Granted, giving people the freedom to choose whether to be in a union or not will most likely (and has actually been shown to) hurt union membership, but it is not forced, it is based on freedom of choice. Democrats, LA and New York are great examples, by using intimidation take away freedom of choice, speech and expression, from those they disagree with. This is quite a difference, and one that should be concerning to every American.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Good points worth remembering.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

"Democrats support unions"
    On the other side of the coin unions support democrats
    Might want to include the influence of organized crime in that mix
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    "Democrats support unions"
    On the other side of the coin unions support democrats
    Might want to include the influence of organized crime in that mix
    That is a good point, but I would have to change my argument to include it. I did include that unions support Democrats by saying that unions are politically active. There is no reason for Democrats to support any organization that is politically active unless their activities help them achieve their goals.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Good points worth remembering.
    Thanks!

NRA Endowment Member

To me, in is simplest form, which is often perverted by both parties, Republicans stand for the power of the individual and Democrats stand for the power of the State.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    To me, in is simplest form, which is often perverted by both parties, Republicans stand for the power of the individual and Democrats stand for the power of the State.
    That is very true, but far too many people do not understand that or understand what that means. My short piece is meant to make that distinction understandable for people who have strong opinions but don't take the time to understand what their opinion or belief is actually in and results in.

NRA Endowment Member