Thread: Question for you that wear LBV.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Question for you that wear LBV.

Those of you that wear the LBV,do you prefer a drop leg holster,belt holster,or do you prefer to attach to your LBV?

What holster do you prefer for either of the three choices?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I prefer a drop leg holster if I am just out messing around for the heck of it in the desert. I prefer the old M1916 calvery holster specficly.

For work I just use a regular belt holster, a galco. Which works fine I wouldn't use a drop leg at work any ways. They won't let us use a drop leg holster though so it is a fairly mute point.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

my "shtf vest" has a holster on the front left with 3 extra mags and ar mags on the right side

Yup, what Deth said

Yeah, what deth said.

Post It's An Option...

But not--IMHO--the best option. I wore my thigh bloody raw wearing one full time. If you've got room on the vest/LBV, crossdraw/same-side is better. Or else wear a belt that fits just below of and with a clear draw of your vest pouches. Whatever you go with, train, train, train with it. It's what you're gonna reach for on impulse/reaction.

BDG

PS: Easier to reach when driving too... Since most of us are "Death Before Dismounters" it's something else to think of. Otherwise... Moleskin like a mother******!
    Last edited by BigDumbGerman; 11-02-2010 at 12:25 AM.

swampdragon
    I have a drop-leg holster.
    It's great for fun at the range, but for long term wear, I need to find something else.

It beats up your leg when running and tends to get caught on crap all the time.
    They look cool, but that's about it.
    Over all, I'm not that impressed with it.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Drop leg worked for me. I'm 6'2". I've seen a holster rigged on the chest of the body armor or LBV. It worked well for that individual.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Drop leg worked for me. I'm 6'2". I've seen a holster rigged on the chest of the body armor or LBV. It worked well for that individual.
    True.
    That's a good point.
    Everybody is different.

I want to find a Black Hawk Serpa or something similar for my USP 45 Tac, those high sights are great for shooting. But a pain in finding a good holster for. Its a great kickass pistol for my somewhat scrawny self, Im using now a Galco black leather inside the pant holster for it and can conceal it without trouble when I feel like switching from the G19. Which also chills in a Galco but suade. Good stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    I want to find a Black Hawk Serpa or something similar for my USP 45 Tac, those high sights are great for shooting. But a pain in finding a good holster for. Its a great kickass pistol for my somewhat scrawny self, Im using now a Galco black leather inside the pant holster for it and can conceal it without trouble when I feel like switching from the G19. Which also chills in a Galco but suade. Good stuff.
    So you want a concealment holster then?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Bladetech makes a nice system if you want to transition your holster from vest to belt to drop leg.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I use my Black Hawk Serpa for my G19 for a range type holster, cant find one for the USP 45 Tac yet. Ill take a look at that bladetech.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    I use my Black Hawk Serpa for my G19 for a range type holster, cant find one for the USP 45 Tac yet. Ill take a look at that bladetech.
    I have the HK USP45 Standard model.
    It has a Viridian laser/light on it.
    Shopping for holsters is a PITA for me too.

All three have their place. For stuff like cqb, serving warrants and other shorter term stuff, a drop leg is hard to beat. Riding in helos and vehicles is another story. I have often used a belt holster and when putting on a vest, slid the pistol into a vest mounted holster. For low pro stuff a belt holster works fine with my armor and chest rig.

Most of this is predicated on training with your set-up. Also, are you using your pistol as a primary weapon or a back up to your rifle/shotgun? This makes a fairly significant difference IMO regarding retention levels, placement of holsters, pistol mags, etc.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice View Post

Most of this is predicated on training with your set-up. Also, are you using your pistol as a primary weapon or a back up to your rifle/shotgun? This makes a fairly significant difference IMO regarding retention levels, placement of holsters, pistol mags, etc.
    Agreed.

Most of this is predicated on training with your set-up.
    Training, not wearing was well said.

Also, are you using your pistol as a primary weapon or a back up to your rifle/shotgun? This makes a fairly significant difference IMO regarding retention levels, placement of holsters, pistol mags, etc.
    One of my favorite answers is "it depends" because so many decisions depend on what you are doing or need to do etc.