Thread: W.T.H.?!?

W.T.H.?!?

I'm trying to post a reply to another thread and keep getting a message saying "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server."

What gives?? I'm logged in OK.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 09-02-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Contact : https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...t-a-hold-of-me

I believe there was a site update done and you just found a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Contact : https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...t-a-hold-of-me

I believe there was a site update done and you just found a bug.
    I can't access that link either.
    I was trying to post a response to 1-Pat's question about the jet and the treadmill (https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...s-please/page4) and when I clicked on "reply", a box popped up asking it I wanted to "leave page" or "stay on page". The "leave" button was the one that took me to that "Forbidden" page.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 09-03-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    test trying to edit and I am having problems now.

Cannot cut and past Alex's address, so trying to hand type.

<REMOVED by Alex>

will PM Alex phone

Tonight, I tried to sent a PM to 1-Pat about the reply I had tried to post AND I GOT THE SAME "FORBIDDEN" MALARKEY !!

testing
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

its a security thing I implemented to prevent DDOS application attacks. Needs fine tuning. This is one instance where I needed to fine tune. Re-test please.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Nope.
    Click on "Quick Reply" and get the "Leave Page - Stay on Page" choice. If I stay and click on "Go Advanced", I get the same reply as "Leave Page" -

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.

Here's the thread in question - https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...s-please/page4

Still can't reply to this thread.

send me a PM now with your IP.
    -=Alex=-

better yet...try now.
    -=Alex=-

WOO HOO !!
    Whatever the problem was, you seem to have fixed it. THANK YOU !
    Now - about the problem posting pictures from my computer to the Random Picture thread - - -??
    I saw where somebody said that the recent change in software platforms made uploads "difficult" (IIRC) but others seem to still be posting pictures. How are they doing so??