Thread: Maintenance/tuning

Maintenance/tuning

I'm going thru tuning issues right now. GN may be offline/online here and there while I make adjustments. May slow down also.. etc.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Glad to read this. The site has been very slow to load and at least I know why.

Thank you for your continuing maintenance on this site!!!

Looks like I had an influx of Chinese hackers. So I blocked a huge segment of China from the server.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That explains why I got 8 unintelligible foreign language messages in the inbox the other day....

I didn't open any, but I don't know how to delete them.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

@alismith

We were not hacked, it was more like an attempt for a denial of service attack. So I went thru logs and watched realtime to see where the traffic was coming from. Alot of China. So, block all of China.
    -=Alex=-

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    @alismith

We were not hacked, it was more like an attempt for a denial of service attack. So I went thru logs and watched realtime to see where the traffic was coming from. Alot of China. So, block all of China.
    If we had a like button, I would hit it! Thanks for your work keeping the site up.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

@alismith

If we had a like button, I would hit it! Thanks for your work keeping the site up.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm going thru tuning issues right now. GN may be offline/online here and there while I make adjustments. May slow down also.. etc.
    Several days ago, I tried to post a reply to 1-Pat's question here - https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...er-this-please
    Tonight, I tried to PM 1-Pat. Didn't get the "Leave Page" box but DID get the "Forbidden" malarkey.
    https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php/40765-W-T-H-!
    I also haven't been able to upload a picture from my computer to the Random Photo thread for 2-3 months.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”