Thread: Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo nation wide

Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo nation wide

Article also says something about assault rifle ammo so I assume this means fmj rifle rounds too. This really sucks as its the only place I can get decent priced ammo within 20 miles

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-t...mmo-nationwide

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I can't remember the last time I went into Walmart, and this just guarantees I never will.

From what I heard, they are going to stop selling pistols (in Alaska which was the last place they were selling them. TAKE THAT ALASKA FOR LETTING SOMEONE IN TEXAS TO SHOOT SEVERLA PEOPLE).
    They were also goijg to stop selling SHORT BARRELED AMMUNITION. Special ammo for short barreled weapons??? I have some short barreled guns and have never heard of this special ammo made just for these guns.
    They also will stop selling pistol ammo... Where am I supposed to buy all of my 9mm, .45, and 22 RIFLE ammo now?

BISHOP

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Man times are sure changing! Not for the better either.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    They were also goijg to stop selling SHORT BARRELED AMMUNITION. Special ammo for short barreled weapons??? I have some short barreled guns and have never heard of this special ammo made just for these guns.
    I have some Speer or Hornady 9mm ammo made specifically for short barreled (~2") carry pistols. They are designed to expand reliably as slower speeds experienced from shorter barrels.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I have some Speer or Hornady 9mm ammo made specifically for short barreled (~2") carry pistols. They are designed to expand reliably as slower speeds experienced from shorter barrels.
    Touche

BISHOP

Touche

BISHOP
    as I read it, it is handgun ammo AND ammo for short barreled firearms.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I hope they take a hit like Gillette did, time for conservatives to take their fingers out of our eyes. My wife spends quite a bit every week on food there, time to go to Cub or Coborns. This shit will end when we stop giving our money to them.

YES, but its the "short barreled rifle ammo" they specifically mention. WHAT could that be? Are they thinking the 12Ga mini shells?
    Do they think that there are little rifles that take the smaller pistol ammo?

BISHOP

YES, but its the "short barreled rifle ammo" they specifically mention. WHAT could that be? Are they thinking the 12Ga mini shells?

BISHOP
    After talking to the guy at walmart last night (while buying 9mm ammo) it sounded like anything even remotely assaulty, 5.56/.223, 7.62x39, .300 blackout, etc. Short barreled rifle sounds like "arm braced AR". I think they will still have .308 but I doubt they will carry anything FMJ so no target ammo what so ever unless it is a shotgun shell because you know, skeet is the only acceptable form of sport shooting. Fuck 'em.

more $$ in distributors and local gun shops pockets.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

BISHOP
    I was wondering if that isn't something like a bolt action machine gun.... Sounds impressive, but doesn't mean a thing.... Maybe a way of Pleasing the Left without really doing much about it.....?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I was just in WallyWorld this evening and the ammo is disappearing from the shelves like .22's did a few years back... Starting to look real bare in there now.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Did they lower the prices or are they leaving prices the same and not replacing stock?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Did they lower the prices or are they leaving prices the same and not replacing stock?
    Prices are the same. Just not replacing what they sell. I asked a clerk if they were still going to be selling .22 LR and he said they haven't decided yet as .22 LR can be used in handguns, too.

There were still plenty of .22's on the shelves.

I picked up another box of 200 .45 ACP and one box of .45 LC today. Kind of hard finding .45 LC even before they decided to screw us.

Freedom isn't free.