Thread: Binary trigger and who has shot one?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Binary trigger and who has shot one?

I see some binary trigger lowers are out for the AR15, anyone have one? Might take getting used to just thinking about it.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Funny you bring this up. Just this afternoon I was talking to a friend who has one and told me you really have to remember where your finger is when you decide to stop shooting down range.

I have one.
    Fun, but just not natural feeling.

You got to shoot it a bit before you get it down so it sounds right. The Franklin Armory Binary trigger unit can be selected OFF, so if you pulled the trigger and don't want it to fire when you release, you can just select it to semi AND THEN release the trigger and it won't fire and act like a normal semi trigger.

BISHOP

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I have one.
    Fun, but just not natural feeling.

You got to shoot it a bit before you get it down so it sounds right. The Franklin Armory Binary trigger unit can be selected OFF, so if you pulled the trigger and don't want it to fire when you release, you can just select it to semi AND THEN release the trigger and it won't fire and act like a normal semi trigger.

BISHOP
    Yeah that's the lower I saw for sale $400 something for the complete lower. Wonder if it's legal in MN.

You CAN just buy the trigger set for under $400 and install it on your exisiting lower to save some $$

There are 2 different types out there. The Franklin Armory and the Fostec Echo II.
    The Franklin Armory is a set of parts. The Fostec is a (mostly) drop-in unit. THe Fostec works with your bolt carrier in that the hammer won't drop until the bolt carrier fully closes. I guess some people have out ran the Franklin kit.

BISHOP