Thread: Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

When ABC News' David Muir on Thursday bluntly asked O'Rourke if he was "proposing taking away [Americans'] guns," O'Rourke responded "I am, if it's a weapon that was designed to kill people." Somehow it never gets pointed out to these commies all weapons were essentially designed to kill people. Along with the reason for the 2nd amendment in the bill or rights; to kill tyrannical gov't. I'm not going to go any further in this line for obvious reasons.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    God forbid O'Rourke gets elected, but if so I will petition the supreme court to make sure that when the justice gives the oath of office, that "Beto" understands what he is about to pledge.

And with democrats guaranteeing a war on the second amendment, we need to rethink about the real reasons we will not re-elect Trump. Yes I don't like his waffling on the second amendment, but at least he is not promising confiscation from honest citizens.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    When ABC News' David Muir on Thursday bluntly asked O'Rourke if he was "proposing taking away [Americans'] guns," O'Rourke responded "I am, if it's a weapon that was designed to kill people." Somehow it never gets pointed out to these commies all weapons were essentially designed to kill people. Along with the reason for the 2nd amendment in the bill or rights; to kill tyrannical gov't. I'm not going to go any further in this line for obvious reasons.

I believe the complete quote was or included, “designed to kill people, on the battlefield”. Based on that illogical premise that would apply to the Colt 1911, Springfield M1903 and it’s various models, M1917, M1 Garland, trapdoor Springfield, .30/40 Krag, etc.

It would not apply to an AR15 as it wasn’t designed for use on the battlefield but rather as a civilian look alike of the M16. Their logic is so flawed.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I believe the complete quote was or included, “designed to kill people, on the battlefield”. Based on that illogical premise that would apply to the Colt 1911, Springfield M1903 and it’s various models, M1917, M1 Garland, trapdoor Springfield, .30/40 Krag, etc.

It would not apply to an AR15 as it wasn’t designed for use on the battlefield but rather as a civilian look alike of the M16. Their logic is so flawed.
    The basic premise and design of all muskets, canons, rifles, pistols, revolvers was for war, defense of person and state. Not one of them shoot out flowers that I am aware of. All can be used to kill people. And I guarantee if they ever managed to confiscate semi auto rifles, they wouldn't just stop there . Something fudd's don't get.