Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are they all.........

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes I still have images of the Schuetzen Rifle and I still have that rifle in my collection. I just don't have it on this laptop I'm using. Bowhunt, have know idea what ultimately happened to him. I know his power was curbed and I expect he moved on and cut ties with Gunsnet.

Glad to hear about the rifle,would love to see pics of it again sometime, really a gorgeous rifle.
    Anyone ever know what happened to chief thunder?

Is Helen Keller still around?

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    He's still alive but really doesn't do much on forums anymore.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I sold him an Uzi bolt a couple of years ago; saw him post a few more times after that.

I have nothing else to add other than I miss the ol' days, as well, before the board got completely erased. It was never the same after that. I rarely check this place out any more, maybe a few times a year. I did start going to the dark side (ARFCOM) quite often a number of years back, though.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Lightbulb

I've pretty much stopped posting here because it's become as dead as the space between Lizzie Warren's ears. This site was great back when I joined in 2003 up until the Big Blackout about 9 years ago. Down for 6+ months so most members found other gun sites to join, myself included. Now it's basically a dozen or so guys talking to each other and not much more.

A LOT of former members from here are active at the AK Files. Just a FYI if anybody's interested.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Yeah there was the day when this site was the best AK site! Now it's just shadow of it's self. The AK Files is the hot site now and will be for now. The AK Forum is a good one also for good info.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Yeah there was the day when this site was the best AK site! Now it's just shadow of it's self. The AK Files is the hot site now and will be for now. The AK Forum is a good one also for good info.
    Yeah, if you can put up with Sigiloso and the "NRA can do no wrong" fan boys over there.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

After Old Grump introduced me to this site back in 2010, I learned about and started posting at four others. Those include:
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php
    https://vb.opencarry.org/index.php and
    http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/.
    While there has been a drop off in the number of posts here, #2 - GRM - is even more quiescent than here. THR and OC are okay but THR doesn't like anything but "gun stuff", including politics unless it is specifically about guns and 2A matters.
    To get the most info on legislation, particularly at the state level, Illinois Carry is good and fairly active. No doubt, there are other state specific forums out there but I have never searched them out.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I'm still here. I never say much or said much. But I still try to check in at least once a week.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I miss the friendliness of bubbagun.
    Is he still around elsewhere? He was an amazing gunsmith and helped with one of my AK builds a long time ago.

Anyone know or remember the name of his company? All I remember is he was located in Ohio.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sniper_n_training View Post
    Is he still around elsewhere? He was an amazing gunsmith and helped with one of my AK builds a long time ago.

Anyone know or remember the name of his company? All I remember is he was located in Ohio.
    WELLCO ARMS Company - http://www.wellcoarms.com/. I believe h
    is name is Greg.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Whatever happened to HDR? I miss that guy.

I still pop in and browse here and there. I miss the joeken, Sar rifle, Linx testing days.
    Was alot of fun arguing with everyone.

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    HDR had family problems come up, I believe. Also, he and a few other vets started their on private web site, but I don't know if it's still active. I believe it was by invite.
    Him, and others like Congoloid, 63HD8, maybe Treadhead also, and others.

If you miss the flame wars and the board wars, ValmetM76 is over on the AKFiles....but there is no flaming like the old days permitted there.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Interesting.
    Yea I tire of the flame wars these days. Dont have the time. The only forum I frequent daily or at least weekly is FALFILES..And here every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    HDR had family problems come up, I believe. Also, he and a few other vets started their on private web site, but I don't know if it's still active. I believe it was by invite.
    Him, and others like Congoloid, 63HD8, maybe Treadhead also, and others.

If you miss the flame wars and the board wars, ValmetM76 is over on the AKFiles....but there is no flaming like the old days permitted there.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Whatever happened to HDR? I miss that guy.

I still pop in and browse here and there. I miss the joeken, Sar rifle, Linx testing days.
    Was alot of fun arguing with everyone.
    HDR was great. I don't miss some of the crazy contrarian posters though. Even though the place is a lot quieter now that they're gone.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Where's LAGC? He may have been a liberal ass wipe, but he did have a few moments/seconds of conservative lucidity....

I sure as hell don't miss his mentor (not gonna mention his name as it might bring bad luck and cause him to pop up again...).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Now let's all be honest, we miss
    FERD.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Where's LAGC? He may have been a liberal ass wipe, but he did have a few moments/seconds of conservative lucidity....

I sure as hell don't miss his mentor (not gonna mention his name as it might bring bad luck and cause him to pop up again...).
    He had a mentor? Who was that?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    He had a mentor? Who was that?
    It started with a K. (I really hate mentioning his name.....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast