Thread: So what do you guys think about the 'Assault Weapons" ban in the Dem controlled House?

So what do you guys think about the 'Assault Weapons" ban in the Dem controlled House?

Well, ANY federal bans I don't watch :

1) I'm in the People's Republic of California so it won't affect me

2) All my representatives are Solid blue Libtards so they won't listen to me

3) I can't vote out my libtard congresspersons because I'm outnumber 5 to 1 by Libtards

4) It's up to the OTHER states to do the actual fighting, you can always count on the California contingent (for the most part) to do the dumb thing.

5) the Other states have to fight because they have the most to lose. Nothing will change for us Californians. Tomorrow will look just like today, except for the Confiscation part.

Thoughts? I KNOW that the Republican run Senate will NEVER approve the ban, but do you think that the Democrats BANNING 'evil' assault weapons yet again will work FOR them in the 2020 election? or Against them?

I remember how the Democrats really screwed themselves in 1994. The Federal AW ban flipped Dem control of both House and Senate to the Republicans, the first time in 40 years up to that date.

But what do folks say in OTHER states about this? I still think it's a political loser. Once any Dem is on the record for BANNING semi automatics, that's going to hang around their neck like an albatross to any voter who is a supporter of RKBA.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 09-26-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have just the opposite of you, I live in the very firearm friendly state of Indiana, have republican reps that will vote against almost all firearm laws. The "almost all" is because Indiana passed a burn your house down law because someone doesn't like you. (Red Flag)

I hope the screams of theft of AKs an ARs by a former politician from Texas will get firearm owners off their tails to hit the voting booth. People don't think their vote counts, but if they look at the last presidential election, every vote DID count.

I do hope this and all the witch hunts will cause the democrats massive losses in the next election.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The two big things that will screw the Dims in the next elections are support for illegals and gun control.

The Dims are just too stupid and insane to see this.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I love this police woman, and the female doing the interview seems to have her head on straight about firearms. Too bad the guys on either side of her appear to be standard media spouts.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...nd-well-funded

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    My particular expectations are that that the ban will pass in the House. They know it will not pass in the Senate, so any vote castin the House will be for show only, knowing they are actually safe for voting for a ban.

I'm also expecting it to pass by a voice vote only, providing additional cover as to who voted what. That way come re-election, they can claim they voted whichever way will keep them safe from being kicked out of office.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The two big things that will screw the Dims in the next elections are support for illegals and gun control.

Only if tons of lazy gun owners get off their asses and vote them out. 2020 is shaping up to be THE most important election in history, even more so than 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well, ANY federal bans I don't watch :

1) I'm in the People's Republic of California so it won't affect me

2) All my representatives are Solid blue Libtards so they won't listen to me

3) I can't vote out my libtard congresspersons because I'm outnumber 5 to 1 by Libtards

4) It's up to the OTHER states to do the actual fighting, you can always count on the California contingent (for the most part) to do the dumb thing.

5) the Other states have to fight because they have the most to lose. Nothing will change for us Californians. Tomorrow will look just like today, except for the Confiscation part.

Thoughts? I KNOW that the Republican run Senate will NEVER approve the ban, but do you think that the Democrats BANNING 'evil' assault weapons yet again will work FOR them in the 2020 election? or Against them?

I remember how the Democrats really screwed themselves in 1994. The Federal AW ban flipped Dem control of both House and Senate to the Republicans, the first time in 40 years up to that date.

But what do folks say in OTHER states about this? I still think it's a political loser. Once any Dem is on the record for BANNING semi automatics, that's going to hang around their neck like an albatross to any voter who is a supporter of RKBA.

The future of our natural and constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms rests on the upcoming SCOTUS hearing of NYSRPA vs NYC.

Either they reaffirm Heller and force the states to obey the constitution, or else we get transformed overnight into felons.

I'll say it right here and now: I will NEVER comply with any law or ruling that seeks to steal my personal property. What "NEVER" means I'll leave to the imagination.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    My particular expectations are that that the ban will pass in the House. They know it will not pass in the Senate, so any vote castin the House will be for show only, knowing they are actually safe for voting for a ban.

I'm also expecting it to pass by a voice vote only, providing additional cover as to who voted what. That way come re-election, they can claim they voted whichever way will keep them safe from being kicked out of office.
    I thought all votes, including voice votes, were recorded in the records each house keeps. That way, it's "official."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I'd generally agree, but with all the immigrant packing in red states by Craps and Rino's, a lot can change in numbers, the Craps are counting on illegals and the muzzies they stuff in conservative counties.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I thought all votes, including voice votes, were recorded in the records each house keeps. That way, it's "official."
    Yes, all votes are recorded, but voice vote doesn't record how each individual voted, i.e., those in favor say aye, those opposed say no,....the ayes have it by acclimation.

Now if they poll each member one at a time, then it is recorded how that member voted.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Like TM, we here in Ill-ANNOY are saddled with a couple of traitorous senators; "Tricky Dicky" Durbin and Tammy Duckworth(less). The saddest thing is that Duckworth(less) was a G.I. and in BOTH positions, took oaths to protect the Constitution. Both of these politicians are among the majority of their kind (both D & R) that have violated their oaths. Until they are taught the consequences of those acts, the "swamp" won't change.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Well firearm friendly Indiana is turning less friendly thanks to efforts from our wonderful RINO senator Todd Young. He is so thrilled that the Indiana firearm theft law might be used as a model for other states to continue the trashing of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Well firearm friendly Indiana is turning less friendly thanks to efforts from our wonderful RINO senator Todd Young. He is so thrilled that the Indiana firearm theft law might be used as a model for other states to continue the trashing of the constitution.
    Yeah I've been noticing the smell of liberals leaching in while pushing back the wind turbine industry
    Earlier this year I started seeing alot of yard signs opposing a potential gun range so did some looking since I hadn't heard of it
    I was suprised to see them around this area but there they were canvasing two counties at least

Mt. Ayr opposes shooting range
    http://www.newsbug.info/newton_count...7a6b7e87c.html
    The 1881ranch.com website advertises that it is located in, “Northern Newton County, 1 hour from the 294 & 55 junction.” The website also states that it is set to open in the fall of 2019. According to Zickmund, the ranch was denied permission to build around the Lake Village area, so they changed their name and are trying to obtain permissions further south. On the Petition to Rezone, there is no name listed for the ‘petitioner.," said Zickmund.
    Which led me to this one

Briggs Core Dynamics, Inc. call to action
    http://www.briggscoredynamics.com/call-to-action.html
    Update 10/4/18: The Newton County Judge voted against the Benton County Commissioners and myself. The final APC vote was 4-3 (I won) but 2 of the APC members were absent. The Judge decided that if the other 2 people would have showed up and voted for Frank then the vote would have been 5-4 in favor of Frank. I want you to think about this for a second. Think about our last elections... What if the supreme court said, "oh wait, 120 million people didn't vote and if they would have then we think they would have voted for Hilldawg and just like that, Hillary would be president. It's is silly. Frank and his lawyer were present at the vote. I assume they can count. They could have said something right then and there. Alright, I am done complaining. Here is the deal, we are going back in front of the APC getting a solid vote, I hope no ones kids get sick and can't make it, then the Commissioners vote again. Yes we have been fighting for the range since 2015, yes I believe we will win. In the mean time the range is shut down and will be holding classes in Monticello at Liberty Arms.
    I also am a little concerned about something Trump threw out while trying to chastise the dems
    I relize he was posturing but I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass

Trump vents over Pelosi impeachment push over Ukraine call
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...grows-n1058086
    Later Tuesday afternoon, ahead of a meeting by Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill to discuss potential action, the president accused the party of failing to take action on a range of issues, including gun safety, due to presidential investigations. “So bad for our Country!” he tweeted.

(The Democratic House has passed several gun safety measures; the GOP Senate is waiting for the president to indicate his preferred policy solutions on the issue before taking action in the wake of several mass shootings this summer.)
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe