Thread: Very cool!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Thumbs up Very cool!

This is awesome as I'm in the process of teaching my younguns to hunt both rabbits and squirrels. We can hunt ground hogs here too, but I don't have any interest as I eat what I shoot.

I'll have to post tomorrow on my work to date with Lucy the Beagle.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    This is awesome as I'm in the process of teaching my younguns to hunt both rabbits and squirrels. We can hunt ground hogs here too, but I don't have any interest as I eat what I shoot.

I'll have to post tomorrow on my work to date with Lucy the Beagle.
    I'm assuming your "younguns" are your beagles.
    Don't discount eating groundhog. Boil it first, then batter and fry like chicken. Very tasty. After all, they are 100% vegetarians.

I'm going squirrel hunting as soon as more leaves fall. I like hunting them with a with a .22.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Post Groundhog recipe

The young ones can be fixed almost any way - pan/deep fried, baked, etc., but the older ones are only fit for a crockpot.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I'm assuming your "younguns" are your beagles.
    Don't discount eating groundhog. Boil it first, then batter and fry like chicken. Very tasty. After all, they are 100% vegetarians.

I'm going squirrel hunting as soon as more leaves fall. I like hunting them with a with a .22.
    Actually I was referencing my kids, so far I only have the one Beagle, and she's more than enough of a challenge dog wise at the moment.
    Returns June 3rd.