Thread: Open carry, police called.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Open carry, police called.

So today I went into Giant Food Store open carrying my gun like I have frequently done in the past but this time the police were called.
    I wasn’t aware I wasn’t permitted to open carry at the store because there were no signs saying I couldn’t.
    The officer approached me and asked me to put my hands up and I did. He then asked me if he could remove my gun from me and I told him he could. He then asked me if he could remove my belt and check the inside of my waistband slyly quipping “in case you have anything else I should be concerned about” while gently winking at me.

I was taken aback, feelings awoke in me that I never knew existed within my beer soaked and cholesterol encrusted bosom. Without saying or needing to say another word we went upstairs to the break room to avoid any issues with bystanders by the check out. My heart raced in simultaneous fear, wonder, curiosity and dare is say it, desire? We were alone in the dingy break room but something in our faces seemingly glowed. His eyes, so bright, so piercing. The officer told me it’s my second amendment right to open or conceal carry and that I broke no laws. He told me the way the world is now to maybe not open carry this gun only because it just takes one person to call and complain that will cause more inconvenience in my life than theirs. He approached me slowly, “and then I’d have to come see you again, you wouldn’t want that would you?”

“I... I...” he continued to come closer and without warning I was drawn forward to him. “I.. I... think I actually would like that...” our faces were inches from each other. My head buzzed with confusion and the frustration of years of... something... What was it, I couldn’t put a name on the magnetism that seemingly burst from me. In a leap of faith I plunged my mouth forward toward it, towards mystery, and a new future. The officer backed away and cupped my eager face in his hands. “Not now, and maybe never. Let us not ruin the wonderful mystery of this moment with fruition. Maybe in another life. Please conceal carry from now on.” And that was all. No big deal. The police were respectful and so was I. If you aren’t a douche bag when dealing with police you might have a pleasant experience like I did. I was not handcuffed and arrested and I’m still alive to tell the story.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    That same damn cop was called to the Kroger store down the street.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    So today I went into Giant Food Store open carrying my gun like I have frequently done in the past but this time the police were called.
    I wasn’t aware I wasn’t permitted to open carry at the store because there were no signs saying I couldn’t.
    The officer approached me and asked me to put my hands up and I did. He then asked me if he could remove my gun from me and I told him he could. He then asked me if he could remove my belt and check the inside of my waistband slyly quipping “in case you have anything else I should be concerned about” while gently winking at me.

I was taken aback, feelings awoke in me that I never knew existed within my beer soaked and cholesterol encrusted bosom. Without saying or needing to say another word we went upstairs to the break room to avoid any issues with bystanders by the check out. My heart raced in simultaneous fear, wonder, curiosity and dare is say it, desire? We were alone in the dingy break room but something in our faces seemingly glowed. His eyes, so bright, so piercing. The officer told me it’s my second amendment right to open or conceal carry and that I broke no laws. He told me the way the world is now to maybe not open carry this gun only because it just takes one person to call and complain that will cause more inconvenience in my life than theirs. He approached me slowly, “and then I’d have to come see you again, you wouldn’t want that would you?”

“I... I...” he continued to come closer and without warning I was drawn forward to him. “I.. I... think I actually would like that...” our faces were inches from each other. My head buzzed with confusion and the frustration of years of... something... What was it, I couldn’t put a name on the magnetism that seemingly burst from me. In a leap of faith I plunged my mouth forward toward it, towards mystery, and a new future. The officer backed away and cupped my eager face in his hands. “Not now, and maybe never. Let us not ruin the wonderful mystery of this moment with fruition. Maybe in another life. Please conceal carry from now on.” And that was all. No big deal. The police were respectful and so was I. If you aren’t a douche bag when dealing with police you might have a pleasant experience like I did. I was not handcuffed and arrested and I’m still alive to tell the story.
    Who do you think you are, Mikey Spillane?
    Last edited by jet3534; 10-08-2019 at 07:00 PM.