My daughter needed a laptop for college so I got her a nice Dell. It came with Windows 10 (something _I_ would never use, but she needs Win10 to be compatible with the school's software. And, it's not my computer, so my hands won't be too badly soiled with Microshit software (or so I thought).

So, laptop arrives and daddy goes to set it up for his princess.

OMG!!!! The damn "first run" setup software wanted my email address, my home address, my phone number, my age, gender, political choice (i.e. dim or republican), my race, a list of languages that I'm "fluent" in, my religon (if any) and of course a credit card number. A credit card??? WTF I already paid for the damn computer!

Of course I wanted to skip most of that crap... because it's none of their damn business and has nothing to do with a computer anyway.

Uh... nope. "Cortana" would have no part of that. THEN, additionally, it informed me that "activating" trial versions of Office 365 and McAfee virus-ware was also "required" (with credit card info of course). No problem though, I could "cancel at any time" by email or telephone. Yeah, right... after the cancellation request gets "lost" a few times and my card gets charged each month (THAT never seems to be overlooked). So THAT was what the CC was for..

Well, too damn bad for me because those fields were "required" and would not allow bypassing them.

OK fine, you want my email? It's "nobody@nowhere.com". Nope, that silicon bitch Cortana thinks that "nobody@nowhere.com" is not a real email address. Same with .net, .edu, .org and even .ch!

Fine, how about "h_8_you.microsoft.com"? Nope. Miss silicon bitch argued with me.

At this point, I'm wondering whether an AR-15 or a Remington 870 would be more likely to convince Cortana that my email addy is none of her or Microtrash's f--king buisness.

Still haven't figured out what to do about this... maybe erase the whole SSD and install a copy of Windows 7 "Ultimate" on it. I've only installed the same DVD on 4 or 5 computers. Microshit shouldn't mind..

Am I pissed right now? Yeah, just a bit....