Thread: So Virginia just swept a bunch of Democrats into office. WTH? Anyone here from VA who can explain this?

So Virginia just swept a bunch of Democrats into office. WTH? Anyone here from VA who can explain this?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Voter fraud, low information voters, illegal aliens.

One upon a time this country was a nice place

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Amazing double standard between democrats who can get away with anything and republicans who get kicked out of office for stuttering.

Northern Va., the tidewater region and Richmond out vote the rest of the commonwealth. We are screwed.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    Northern Va., the tidewater region and Richmond out vote the rest of the commonwealth. We are screwed.
    Same thing here in MD. The DC-Washington corridor carries the rest of the state. The only way a Republican is allowed to win is if they are RINO's, like our governor....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Another reason VA turned blue is that the GOP didn't have any candidate running in 23 districts. Those Dim candidates ran unopposed. That didn't help at all.
    Last edited by alismith; 11-08-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Republicans seem to be doing a great job of not voting. Although Indianapolis is a blue spot in a very red state, the election this week made me wonder where the republicans were because the democrats virtually took over the capital.

And how about the Dims taking Kentucky governor office.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/gov-ra...8GjmyY2AxPNBe8

NEWS NOVEMBER 07, 2019
    Gov. Ralph Northam confirms Virginia already 'working on' gun confiscation now that Democrats are in control
    Elections do, indeed, have consequences.

BRECK DUMAS
    Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) of blackface fame boasted this week that his party is ready to implement an array of gun control measures in the commonwealth now that Democrats control all three branches of government, and his administration is already "working on" a plan for confiscating so-called "assault weapons" from law-abiding gun owners.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Northam wants to bring back eight "common-sense" gun control measures that Republicans shot down during a special session in July, prioritizing "universal background checks, banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others."

When asked directly about whether he is supportive of confiscating "assault weapons from gun owners" Northam replied, "That's something I'm working [on] with our secretary of public safety. I'll work with the gun violence activists, and we'll work [on] that. I don't have a definitely plan today."

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    Having been born in VA, grown up in VA, and lived a in VA as an adult for 20 years I agree with what you say. I can condense your comment to one word and that word is demographics.

I grew up in Fairfax County which is now I believe a sanctuary county.

The ironic thing to me is all of the Asians living in Northern VA who came to the US to avoid communism vote for liberal Dims. Can someone explain this?

I saw the way things were going 15 years and. and moved to WV. I miss boating on the Chesapeake Bay, but otherwise happy to have left VA.

Just a matter of time IMHO before the Dims controlling VA start passing restrictive gun control laws.

So far no democrat that has mentioned confiscation has had the gonads to attempt it. That should be interesting, with the thoughts of a certain city in Massachusetts running through my mind, circa the late 1700s. Of course the communist news network would report it as deranged gunman.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    The ironic thing to me is all of the Asians living in Northern VA who came to the US to avoid communism vote for liberal Dims. Can someone explain this?
    Every racist joke, comment or just general dumb thing said at the expense of asians, drives them into the arms of the Democrats. This is probably one of the biggest moron moves of the Republicans or conservatives, especially in that part of the country. The liberals themselves are racist, but they openly court groups and at least try to make it seem like they 'respect' them. I don't see any outreach to a good potential voting block (aka the Asians) at all from the Republicans.

Remember, in California, I see a lot of ASIAN Republican candidates for office and I think that's a good thing being that they're in districts with a lot of Asian voters. They can flip Blue Democrat districts and give the committees and chairmanships to the Republicans, but we still have to many good ole boys who are really dense when it comes to courting ANY minority voter. When Minority voters see the light, they flip Republican but we got too many idiots who either don't give a shit or make it seem like it's 'white people versus everyone else' when in reality, the biggest THREAT we face are from WHITE liberals.

Voter fraud. Low information voters. Illegal immigrants who outbreed native born peoples. Seriously, have you noticed how many people are NOT having kids? It's crazy.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Every racist joke, comment or just general dumb thing said at the expense of asians, drives them into the arms of the Democrats. This is probably one of the biggest moron moves of the Republicans or conservatives, especially in that part of the country. The liberals themselves are racist, but they openly court groups and at least try to make it seem like they 'respect' them. I don't see any outreach to a good potential voting block (aka the Asians) at all from the Republicans.

Remember, in California, I see a lot of ASIAN Republican candidates for office and I think that's a good thing being that they're in districts with a lot of Asian voters. They can flip Blue Democrat districts and give the committees and chairmanships to the Republicans, but we still have to many good ole boys who are really dense when it comes to courting ANY minority voter. When Minority voters see the light, they flip Republican but we got too many idiots who either don't give a shit or make it seem like it's 'white people versus everyone else' when in reality, the biggest THREAT we face are from WHITE liberals.
    To court specific racial populations requires the displaying or racist tendencies and thought which is difficult for a party who wants everyone to be treated the same. You are correct that Democrats and liberals by seeing everyone through the lens of race are bigger racists, but they pass it off by buying each racial group with different racist privileges and benefits. Until people start thinking critically I do not think it is a good idea to start using the same racist tactics as Democrats and liberals.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

The real irony of this is that it's the Dimocrats who do this....then lie to them so they can get their votes.

The exact same thing is being done to blacks. It was the Dims who founded/started the KKK and, now, they are blaming the KKK on the Repubs....and blacks are buying it.

Freedom isn't free.

Republicans clearly need more outreach to non-white groups.

At least WV is still a sane state.... or at least appears to be.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    By design everywhere, the really sad thing is Republicans generally are okay with this in congress. i have no idea why they want to delete their jobs, i guess it's a I got mine I don't care about what happens to the country thing.