Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    tennessee has no income tax on most incomes. we do have a higher than some sales tax. that's fine with me. if i spend it, it might get taxed. if i don't, i get to keep it. i'm retired and haven't paid income tax at all in years. car tags are $29. no bullshit state inspection stickers.
    Back in '03, my g/f and I drove through TN on our way to FL to see my Dad. We stayed at a motel just south of the border in GA and I was startled at the difference in gas prices between GA and TN. The same thing is happening here between MO and IL.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

MN is actually not too bad at the moment, could change of course rapidly if the craps get total contorl. We have plenty of good paying jobs and if you move to the north western suburbs, taxes aren't the end of the world. Sales tax is 6.5% Property depends on county. 5 acres here, giant pole barn, 4 level house 2-3K property tax. was $700 when we built in 95. Schools are pretty good relative to public schools anywhere. We could use more conservative help out here, they've been transplanting somali's in all the big cities here to overwhelm the rural vote. As an added bonus if you buy some property and build a range, I'll grace your property with my presence and guns my friend
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 11-16-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I have some medium level pain issues and my AM regime is 800 mg of Ibuprofin, full spectrum CBD oil, and and this product which to me is as effective as hydrocodone.

https://www.amazon.com/Terry-Natural...qid=1573857695

I find it difficult to believe that OTC homeopathic "remedies" can be as good as hydrocodone.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    MN is actually not too bad at the moment, could change of course rapidly if the craps get total contorl. We have plenty of good paying jobs and if you move to the north western suburbs, taxes aren't the end of the world. Sales tax is 6.5% Property depends on county. 5 acres here, giant pole barn, 4 level house 2-3K property tax. was $700 when we built in 95. Schools are pretty good relative to public schools anywhere. We could use more conservative help out here, they've been transplanting somali's in all the big cities here to overwhelm the rural vote. As an added bonus if you buy some property and build a range, I'll grace your property with my presence and guns my friend
    Yeah but being up north don't you get brutal snow in winter?

One of the big reasons for me getting out of NY (besides the fact that NY sucks worse than any other state) is winter snow.

I know it snows a little in WV, but not the solid 9 months of gray skies and constant rain that freezes 6 months out of the year that NY gets.

If you are ever down this way again, let me know. I can show you around. And let you shoot some machine gun goodness!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Yeah but being up north don't you get brutal snow in winter?

One of the big reasons for me getting out of NY (besides the fact that NY sucks worse than any other state) is winter snow.

I know it snows a little in WV, but not the solid 9 months of gray skies and constant rain that freezes 6 months out of the year that NY gets.
    I actually equate it to about the same as PA(where we're from) except for a couple few weeks. Maybe a little more snow and the few weeks of -20 F. We know how to move snow out here and salt the damned roads when needed, USUALLY. NY sounds worse. Our winters only last 6 months. Spring,SummerFall are compressed Anyway if you want to know anything about MN just ask. I've been out here about half my life, PA half my life and brief skirts in MO, and KS. I'd love nothing more than to have you as a neighbor I could shoot and shoot the shit with.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Things like this don't really mean a whole lot to an individual, but here it is anyway:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...id=mailsignout
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Things like this don't really mean a whole lot to an individual, but here it is anyway:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...id=mailsignout
    Smoking is a big "unhealthy" statistic for WV. But I don't smoke, so the statistics mean little to me.

When I was 10, my friend and I swiped a pack of cigarettes from his dad's house. We rode our bikes to the tracks and lit up. I inhaled a big drag of smoke and coughed, followed by turning green and puking. I puked until my stomach was dry and puked some more. Finally I was able to barely ride my bike home, drop it in the driveway and fall into bed.

I don't recall EVER feeling so sick. That was my first and last cigarette, and I thank God it turned out that way. Else, I would be a smoker today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12