Hi all,

I've been "researching" different states looking for the right one for me.

It seems to me that West Virginia fits my wants perfectly. I just got back from spending a week there and I loved every minute of it. Everyone seems relaxed, laid back, completely conservative and unbelievably polite. There are gun stores and churches everywhere, and people are not afraid to have "Trump 2020" stickers on their cars or Confederate flags on their hats. They correctly call the "Civil war" the "War of northern aggression". Once the people realized that I'm no "damn yankee" they opened up and treated me like I "belonged there".

I had a completely 100% nice time there.

So... are there any reasons NOT to consider WV as a place to live? Are there any areas to avoid? Any areas to recommend?

I want something rural that is near (but not too near) stores, malls and such. I want a nice quiet area where I can leave my doors unlocked and not worry. And, although I don't want "slums", I also don't want an area with wealthy snobs and $million plus homes.

A place with a few acres and a house with 2 or 3 bedrooms is really all we need.

Advice will be appreciated!

-- Roger