Thread: Police trade in Jericho 941 review.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Police trade in Jericho 941 review.

ok, So my friend has been looking for a steel frame Jericho with the safety on the frame for about two years now. He wanted so hard he made me want. Anyway I noticed one of our importers had a 8 on hand. So I made a phone call to my LGS and asked that they bring one in for him. They brought in 5 of the 8. So Naturally. I bought one as well. $375. Not too bad of a price for being only 8. They had some marked with IWI and some with IMI. I took an IMI one. When I got it home and really started looking it over I noticed it was caked with a tan coloured cement like substance. And this made me think because I ordered a vintage watch some time ago from Ebay that had come from Israel and that had the same crap on it. I figured the guy was a drywaller or something but it is this stuff. So I would guess it is the environment over there. If so, the gun must hold up pretty good to stuff like that.

regardless. I dismantled the gun and cleaned it with a tooth brush in a sink full of hot water and Mr clean. Its clean now. Spotless. So after a good soaking in CLP and a wipe down I started to play around with it. I noticed right away that the Single action only trigger is very good. It is light and crisp. Just dandy. I was originally planning on switching it back to DA/SA but I have decided to leave it as is. The trigger is too nice. Just got to treat it like a Browning hi power or a 1911. No biggy. The grips on this are well worn so I may be changing them out soon. The rest of the gun is about what I would expect. The hard chrome finish is still very much intact although polished to a shine in a couple places from holster rub. The internals are what a gun would look like with a few thousand rounds though it. Not really worn but some spots are a bit polished. The magazine that came with the gun is new IWI.

Alright fast forward to range day. The barrels on these have polygonal rifling. Similar to glock and HK. I know the drawbacks of shooting cast lead from a polygonal barrel but I did it anyway. I brought a pack of 100 handholds using cast bullets and HS6 and a box of 50 of Barnaul steel cased stuff. I figure if it can get through all this then it will feed the better stuff. It was no problem. Mag was also no big deal to load by hand. I was surprised. The cast bullets grouped pretty wide. I did my first shots from 30 yards and was not able to reliably hit the paper. So I moved up to 20 and then 10. I fired the remainder of these cast bullets at 10 yards. They all fed properly and the brass fell in a relatively uniform spot. I started into the Barnaul ammo. Fired a mag from 30 and was able to get on the paper better then the cast bullets. I then moved up to 10 yards and chewed another coffee cup size hole in it. the gun shoots fine. Feeds and ejects fine. I am also a fan of the brushed chrome finish. Overall I consider this a very decent pistol. I am glad I bought it and will bee keeping it.

I have included a picture and a video.

Last edited by rci2950; 11-14-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I almost got one of those. Glad you like it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member