Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 days with no lectric!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I have a 10,000 watt generator and it will run 8 to 10 continuous hours on a 20# tank of propane.
    Thanks. This whole thing is a great SHTF option if you stock up on Propane(in my case). Might be time to have another 500 gallon tank put in back of the garage with the proper equipment to top off smaller tanks. What's involved in safely filling smaller tanks, you need a scale and everything, even though newer tanks come with the overfill protector?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Thanks. This whole thing is a great SHTF option if you stock up on Propane(in my case). Might be time to have another 500 gallon tank put in back of the garage with the proper equipment to top off smaller tanks. What's involved in safely filling smaller tanks, you need a scale and everything, even though newer tanks come with the overfill protector?
    This is outside of my wheelhouse. I do know that they have a pump on their tank in order to fill my tank. If you don’t have a pump, then the pressure in the two tanks would just equalize. I don’t know if that would result in excessive pressure in the smaller tank.

If you have a large tank, you could plumb your generator directly to that large tank.
    Last edited by Viking350; 12-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Don't forget that when filling tanks, you are adding liquid not just compressed gas.
    If you are refilling 20LB tanks you need a special tank that empties from the bottom to fill the smaller tanks.

I thought about that as an option so I could refill my smaller 20lb tanks, when I eventually get my 800lb tank (or however its measured). But I don't think they make a refiller tank that big also I don't think they would sell one of those to just some guy without special licensing.

BISHOP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12