Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Fellow Gunsnet-erz

Greetings Fellow Gunsnet-erz

Anything new around here? I've been gone a while. Got re-married to a hot redhead...maybe mentioned that before. Moved from Antifa central PDX to the Free State of Idaho. Built an nice little .300 BO Pistola, got into Side by Sides since I'm too old to ride motorcycles anymore. That's about it.

Has Fredsanford or LACG been around lately...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Anything new around here? I've been gone a while. Got re-married to a hot redhead...maybe mentioned that before. Moved from Antifa central PDX to the Free State of Idaho. Built an nice little .300 BO Pistola, got into Side by Sides since I'm too old to ride motorcycles anymore. That's about it.

Did you PUNCH any ANTIFA on your way out of PDX? If so, please provide photos to spread the seasonal merriment

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Did you PUNCH any ANTIFA on your way out of PDX? If so, please provide photos to spread the seasonal merriment

No, I know better, but I did sport wood seeing that gender non-specific get a beat down after blocking that guy in his truck.

https://youtu.be/it7XLBFE9ho
    Last edited by 308; 12-02-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Glad to see ya. Only a few regular posters anymore but a few names show up at the bottom of the page from time to time
    LACG got unbanned and started posting but disappeared I think it was withdrawl from not drinking the koolaid
    The better half...was she the one with the bow and arrow or have you gotten another?
    Always gave me hope for finding a good one myself some day
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Glad to see ya. Only a few regular posters anymore but a few names show up at the bottom of the page from time to time
    LACG got unbanned and started posting but disappeared I think it was withdrawl from not drinking the koolaid
    The better half...was she the one with the bow and arrow or have you gotten another?
    Always gave me hope for finding a good one myself some day
    Sorry, I forgot how long I've been gone. Yes, my wife is the one with the bow...she's quite the archer and also teaches gals how to shoot and how to be safe at the range. We've been married 7 yrs now.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Time flies when you are having fun! Glad to see you stopping by.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I had wondered what you have been up to.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

And I have been thinking about a side-by-side. My Aunt gave me by Grandpa's old side-by-side, not in shootable condition and no way to get it there, and now I sort of want one I can shoot!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    And I have been thinking about a side-by-side. My Aunt gave me by Grandpa's old side-by-side, not in shootable condition and no way to get it there, and now I sort of want one I can shoot!
    The side by side I mentioned is the 4-wheel kind
    I do miss my old double barrel though. We used to have a blast pulling both triggers at the same time

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I do miss my old double barrel though. We used to have a blast pulling both triggers at the same time
    Pun intended?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Hey! Long time no talky! How have you been?

No Ferd, but Lefty had a ban that expired and he came back. As usual he carefully walked the line and kept himself from getting banned. Then about a month after that he stopped posting and hasn't been seen since.

No sightings of Kadmos or DiaperBoy.

I suspect quite a few "old timers" lurk here but don't post. The big "Gunsnet shutdown" of years past really decimated us and we never fully recovered.

Other than that, samey-same.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

LOL...diaper boy. I forget who that was, but kind of remember we’ve had some weirdos over the years. I suppose HDR is long gone as well...that guy was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Hey! Long time no talky! How have you been?

No Ferd, but Lefty had a ban that expired and he came back. As usual he carefully walked the line and kept himself from getting banned. Then about a month after that he stopped posting and hasn't been seen since.

No sightings of Kadmos or DiaperBoy.

I suspect quite a few "old timers" lurk here but don't post. The big "Gunsnet shutdown" of years past really decimated us and we never fully recovered.

Other than that, samey-same.
    Kad got himself banned at about the same time as LAGC and never came back.

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Good to see you!

LOL...diaper boy. I forget who that was, but kind of remember we’ve had some weirdos over the years. I suppose HDR is long gone as well...that guy was awesome.
    Wasn't Diaper boy called MASER? I described him (correctly ) as having Paraphilic infantilism.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Surprise, I just stopped in after months of not checking in. I banned LAGC and Kadmos. Put a limit on LAGC just to see if he'd ever try and come back, he did. His disappearance I chalk up to him ending up behind bars again for some crime. What I've been up to is moving into SFX and Makup work. I did Netherworld in Stone Mt. GA during October this year as a Makup Artist and Actor.

Good to hear you moved to a free part of the USA 308.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Pun intended?
    Probably not.
    About 30 years ago, I was able to find a used Stevens Model 311 SxS with double triggers in good condition. It was made in the early '60s and had fixed chokes. Before I ever shot it, I took it to the gunsmith a couple of blocks from the LGS where I got the gun and had him bore it out and put in screw-in tubes. Several years later, I found out that, by doing this, the 311 had basically been converted to a Mod. 511. I LOVE it !! With the different chokes, I can take pheasant or squirrel at two different ranges and/or with two different loads, hunt both rabbits and quail with different loads, or use it for HD with #4 in one side and 00 Buck in the other.
    The only problems I have had with it was when a "set screw" of some kind got in to the trigger assembly of one side. It was a fairly simple matter to remove the buttstock, replace and tighten the screw with a TINY amount of threadlocker. The other was when the buttstock split on either side of the top-mounted tang safety, leaving a wedge shaped piece on both sides running from the receiver to about 3" towards the rear. I drilled 2 small holes, smeared wood glue between both cracks and in the drilled holes, then put in a couple of #6 brass wood screws with round heads (NOT with "bugle" heads !) to clamp the wood together. Then I used wood filler to seal the screws in, re-stained and re-varnished the wood.
    It hasn't budged in over 25 years. You can still see 2 small areas about the diameter of a wooden pencil on either side of the tang, but it worked.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

No, I know better, but I did sport wood seeing that gender non-specific get a beat down after blocking that guy in his truck.

https://youtu.be/it7XLBFE9ho
    Have to "sign in" to view.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Wow. 308 showed back up I might as well chime in!

Yo 308, where in Idaho did you end up? I finally got tired of the state of things and ended up here as well. Boundary county.

Take care....

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Wow. 308 showed back up I might as well chime in!

Yo 308, where in Idaho did you end up? I finally got tired of the state of things and ended up here as well. Boundary county.

Take care....
    Hey Uber, we are in SW Idaho between the corn and alfalfa fields

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast