Thread: ATF: 423M guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1B rounds of ammunition a year

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs up ATF: 423M guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1B rounds of ammunition a year

Seems that a lot of people are buying up everything in huge amounts! Good!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...of-ammo-a-year

America’s love affair with guns is only getting stronger.

New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country.

What’s more, despite years of criticism of modern “assault-style” rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.

And last year alone, the arms industry produced 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition.

The figures are from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and were crunched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the gun industry trade group.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” said Joe Bartozzi, president of the NSSF, in a statement releasing the group’s new report.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Who would haven thunk that we the people would so value our rights?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

According to the gun-grabbers, there should be 422.9 million murders in the US right now.....wonder why there aren't....?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Seems that a lot of people are buying up everything in huge amounts! Good!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...of-ammo-a-year

America’s love affair with guns is only getting stronger.

New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country.

What’s more, despite years of criticism of modern “assault-style” rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.

And last year alone, the arms industry produced 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition.

The figures are from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and were crunched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the gun industry trade group.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” said Joe Bartozzi, president of the NSSF, in a statement releasing the group’s new report.

And the libtards think they are going to confiscate our stuff...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Well, if the folks at BATFE are true patriots, these numbers will please them.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Well, if the folks at BATFE are true patriots, these numbers will please them.
    Doubtful many are. They enforce unconstitutional law, they make edict/laws themselves, kill people over the length of a barrel ect. Jackboots. Simple gov't thugs who live for the one sided gang type mentality. If it ever came down to full blown civil war over the 2nd amendment, they'd be on the wrong side.

Break out the credit cards guys, we can hit half a billion by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Break out the credit cards guys, we can hit half a billion by Christmas.
    Those numbers make me realize... I haven't purchased enough ammo or guns lately. I've been lax in my duties and it's time to rectify the situation.

Now... what should I buy next?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Those numbers make me realize... I haven't purchased enough ammo or guns lately. I've been lax in my duties and it's time to rectify the situation.

Now... what should I buy next?
    The idea of getting that Keltec CMR-30 to go with my PMR-30 is beginning to look more interesting. I'll probably have to get another gun cabinet however.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”