Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84

Thread: So Virginia increases their PRISON budget in anticipation of arresting Gun Owners????? Virginia folks. What is going on here?

  1. #21
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,971
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Northam continues to ramp up his agenda and is going full speed ahead with his promise to jail Virginians who stand up for the their rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

    He's planning on moving ahead with his gun confiscation program.

    https://www.westernjournal.com/ahead...ng-gun-owners/

    This could get interesting if Northam doesn't back down.
    What's really necessary to solve all of these problems is for somehow to get out the fact that We, The People outnumber and outgun ANY "authority" that would seek to do wrong.

    I don't advocate violence, merely the use of the overwhelming power that We, The People have IF, and ONLY IF needed.

    Smile, collect taxes, fix our roads, build our military. But KEEP OUT of our daily lives and activities - or else...

  2. #22
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    What's really necessary to solve all of these problems is for somehow to get out the fact that We, The People outnumber and outgun ANY "authority" that would seek to do wrong.

    I don't advocate violence, merely the use of the overwhelming power that We, The People have IF, and ONLY IF needed.

    Smile, collect taxes, fix our roads, build our military. But KEEP OUT of our daily lives and activities - or else...
    If it were only that simple. The moment that some of The People defend themselves against these unConstitutional incursions, you can bet that Northam will, if he doesn't act preemptively, call out the National Guard to enforce these arrests and confiscations.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    Virginia governor’s call for 18-person gun ban force comes under fire
    A civil war is developing in Virginia, where counties and municipalities are backing a “gun sanctuary” movement in response to Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of gun-control proposals by the legislature, which recently was taken over by the Democrats.
    Now, Northam is asking $4.8 million for a 18-officer team to enforce his proposed plan to confiscate commonly owned firearms categorized by lawmakers as “assault weapons”. Virginia’s pop-up gun sanctuary movement has turned its attention to fighting the governor’s call for this team.
    Northam’s request appears to be in response to the adoption of Second Amendment “sanctuary” resolutions by 91% of Virginia counties. The counties vow to not support any state law requiring the confiscation of weapons, arguing them violate the Second Amendment.
    https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/vir...es-under-fire/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #24
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Virginia governor’s call for 18-person gun ban force comes under fire
    A civil war is developing in Virginia, where counties and municipalities are backing a “gun sanctuary” movement in response to Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of gun-control proposals by the legislature, which recently was taken over by the Democrats.
    Now, Northam is asking $4.8 million for a 18-officer team to enforce his proposed plan to confiscate commonly owned firearms categorized by lawmakers as “assault weapons”. Virginia’s pop-up gun sanctuary movement has turned its attention to fighting the governor’s call for this team.
    Northam’s request appears to be in response to the adoption of Second Amendment “sanctuary” resolutions by 91% of Virginia counties. The counties vow to not support any state law requiring the confiscation of weapons, arguing them violate the Second Amendment.
    https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/vir...es-under-fire/
    18 is not enough.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  5. #25
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,716
    18 is laughable. If they went to the first house of someone willing to die for our freedom, and that person took out two of them before he/she was removed it wouldn't be long before the governor would be standing their all by his America hating self.

  6. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    If he can get someone or someones to do something stupid to justify greater manpower and expenditures, that may be why he is lowballing everything.
    He's also likely feeling his way through the treason, to see how far he can go with minimal pushback. I bet some wealthy shits are behind this, telling him what to do as he's in their pocket.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #27
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    If he can get someone or someones to do something stupid to justify greater manpower and expenditures, that may be why he is lowballing everything.
    He's also likely feeling his way through the treason, to see how far he can go with minimal pushback. I bet some wealthy shits are behind this, telling him what to do as he's in their pocket.
    A reasonable assumption.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  8. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    They're going for broke;



    § 18.2-511.2. Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in private buildings; exceptions; penalty.

    A. As used in this section, "indoor shooting range" means any fully enclosed or indoor area or facility designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, or black powder or any other similar sport shooting.

    B. It is unlawful to operate an indoor shooting range in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or the federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers, as defined in § 9.1-101, or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card.

    C. Any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.
    https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...?201+ful+HB567
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #29
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    They're going for broke;



    § 18.2-511.2. Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in private buildings; exceptions; penalty.

    A. As used in this section, "indoor shooting range" means any fully enclosed or indoor area or facility designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, or black powder or any other similar sport shooting.

    B. It is unlawful to operate an indoor shooting range in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or the federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers, as defined in § 9.1-101, or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card.

    C. Any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.
    https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...?201+ful+HB567
    Dimocrat insanity at its best on display here....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  10. #30
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,042
    If I'm not mistaken the courts ruled against Chicago pulling the same crap about gun ranges. I expect there's going to be lawsuits flying, but they know it buys them time anyway. Just a reminder, give to the NRA, GOA, and especially the 2nd amendment foundation to fight this tyranny before we have to fight the hard way.

  11. #31
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    Democrat Bill Mandates Licensing of All Virginia AR-15 Owners
    A bill from Delegate Mark Levine (D) mandates all Virginia AR-15 owners acquire a license of ownership from the state.

    Those who do not acquire a license yet remain in possession of AR-15s will be labeled felons.

    Levine’s legislation, HB 961, applies to AR-15s and all guns which Democrats refer to as “assault firearms.”

    Levine defines an “assault firearm” as “a semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-ar-15-owners/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  12. #32
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,883
    The Communist Dims want VA to become the flagship state for gun control, that all other states can copy. They want CA to look like a gun-friendly state compared to VA.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  13. #33
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,884
    The cops need to act wisely in this situation ( obviously the politicians aren't ). As was said, we (law abiding gun owners) outnumber them and it's not a good idea to piss off the only people that might come to their aid when they need help.

  14. #34
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    The cops need to act wisely in this situation ( obviously the politicians aren't ). As was said, we (law abiding gun owners) outnumber them and it's not a good idea to piss off the only people that might come to their aid when they need help.
    The Communist Dimocrats have already crossed that bridge. IF they were caught in a wildebeest stampede in a valley and they called for me to throw down a rope to help them, I'd throw the whole damned rope down to them.....and cheer for the wildebeest as they passed by....

    They can expect NO help from us....PERIOD
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  15. #35
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,972
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The Communist Dims want VA to become the flagship state for gun control, that all other states can copy. They want CA to look like a gun-friendly state compared to VA.
    Seriously. Being in California, the Virginia Democrats are taking bad ideas from CA, but pushing them to the NEXT LEVEL. The Dems are Insane. In a way, it's good for them to overreach in a place that still has TONS of hard red, pro gun counties (away from the big cities). They'll be in for a harsh awakening.

  16. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    VA Democrat’s Bill Would Make Owning Legally Bought Suppressors a Felony
    Under Levine’s bill, H.B.961, Virginians who have undergone the legal process to acquire a suppressor would be labeled felons after the passage of a six-month grace period in which suppressors can be transferred to persons out-of-state who are allowed to own them, destroyed or rendered inoperable, or surrendered to a “state or local law enforcement agency.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-suppressors/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  17. #37
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    VA Democrat’s Bill Would Make Owning Legally Bought Suppressors a Felony
    Under Levine’s bill, H.B.961, Virginians who have undergone the legal process to acquire a suppressor would be labeled felons after the passage of a six-month grace period in which suppressors can be transferred to persons out-of-state who are allowed to own them, destroyed or rendered inoperable, or surrendered to a “state or local law enforcement agency.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-suppressors/
    Dimocrat reasoning on display for the whole world to see.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  18. #38
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,042
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    VA Democrat’s Bill Would Make Owning Legally Bought Suppressors a Felony
    Under Levine’s bill, H.B.961, Virginians who have undergone the legal process to acquire a suppressor would be labeled felons after the passage of a six-month grace period in which suppressors can be transferred to persons out-of-state who are allowed to own them, destroyed or rendered inoperable, or surrendered to a “state or local law enforcement agency.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-suppressors/
    Considering the wait time on a stamp is more than that last I checked.........Kinda leaves two options, become a felon or hand over your $1000 investment.

  19. #39
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,606
    Senate bill 16 has been killed. Did you actually think that was going to go forward?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  20. #40
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,347
    First Gun Bills Hit Virginia’s Senate Judiciary Monday
    Ever since taking control of the Virginia Government, anti-gun Democrats have been eager to pass new gun control laws that only affect you. On Friday night, the legislature announced that the first ten anti-gun bills would hit the Senate Judiciary Monday at 9 AM.

    Democrats have introduced three universal background check bills, with only a few key differences between them.

    John Edwards of the 21st district introduced SB 543. He claims that the bill closes the “gun show loophole.” The bill would require all sellers to complete a background check on the buyer at gun shows. The law would apply to private sales of firearms. Currently, background checks for private sellers are optional.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/fir...#axzz6AumMNidt




    and in other news


    Washington Governor Pushes Ban on ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High Capacity’ Mags
    Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) is pushing a ban on “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines as state lawmakers convene this week in legislative session.

    KIRO7 reports that Attorney General Bob Ferguson (D) is also pushing gun controls for the session to consider, among which are background checks for ammunition purchases. K5News reports that Ferguson also wants would-be ammunition sellers to first acquire a “license to sell” from the state.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...capacity-mags/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •