Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Virginia increases their PRISON budget in anticipation of arresting Gun Owners????? Virginia folks. What is going on here?

So Virginia increases their PRISON budget in anticipation of arresting Gun Owners????? Virginia folks. What is going on here?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/24/v...ng-gun-owners/

The $250,000 is appropriated to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the “increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment” of Northam’s gun control measures. Among the enumerated laws that this allocation is meant to fund is a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms, the criminalization of private firearms transfers, and gun confiscation orders issued without due process.
    Virginia is fast getting worse than California. What happened and how did it happen so fast?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Getting scary there. Nice having the sheriffs stating they would deputize the people if needed to get around the gun laws, but it makes me wonder (hopefully it won't come down to this) when we hear that famous "shot heard 'round the world".

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

Virginia is fast getting worse than California. What happened and how did it happen so fast?
    I don't remember CA citizens promising an armed response to the authorities if these laws pass and the government steps into confiscate their guns.....

So, I would say that VA can't be compared to CA just yet.

VA appears to be ready to go down fighting....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Getting scary there. Nice having the sheriffs stating they would deputize the people if needed to get around the gun laws, but it makes me wonder (hopefully it won't come down to this) when we hear that famous "shot heard 'round the world".
    If the VA government keeps pushing, this situation is going to go hot very quickly.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Isn't 250K like 8 prisoners a year? What am i missing here beside craps like to threaten a lot and not come through.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 12-25-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

No bills have been voted on and no new laws have been passed. Any bills that are signed into law won’t take effect until July. We’ll see how things go after the first of the year.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Isn't 250K like 8 prisoners a year? What am i missing here beside craps like to threaten a lot and not come through.
    You can be sure the traitors would love to have the power to edit the constitution even if only the state of Virginia, and will do so once they feel comfortable.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I don't remember CA citizens promising an armed response to the authorities if these laws pass and the government steps into confiscate their guns.....
    It never hit the news. Over 200 pro gun protesters blocked the door of a major Antigun newspaper and it was a total NEWS blackout. I was one of those protesters. Of course our gun control dystopia happened YEARS before everyone else. This was BEFORE the internet. I know that today, someone would post news about it. But even California didn't threaten confiscation. Even recently. They make things really difficult to get, but VA is going one step further. At least the morons in CA grandfathered in all 'banned weapons' which is more than I can say about Northam and the VA democrats.

It never hit the news. Over 200 pro gun protesters blocked the door of a major Antigun newspaper and it was a total NEWS blackout. I was one of those protesters. Of course our gun control dystopia happened YEARS before everyone else. This was BEFORE the internet. I know that today, someone would post news about it. But even California didn't threaten confiscation. Even recently. They make things really difficult to get, but VA is going one step further. At least the morons in CA grandfathered in all 'banned weapons' which is more than I can say about Northam and the VA democrats.
    Actually, I was referring to all the 80+ counties refusing to implement Northam's gun laws if they pass them (with a total Dimocrat government Ican't see them NOT passing them). I don't think CA had the majority of counties vowing to defy the government if they passed those laws.

MD went similar to CA in that the Dims implemented their gun control laws in small steps and no one really paid that much attention, but Northam has bitten off more than a mouthful with his anti-constitutional agenda. He's going to try ramming it down their throats all at once. Not gonna end well for anyone....

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Actually, I was referring to all the 80+ counties refusing to implement Northam's gun laws if they pass them (with a total Dimocrat government Ican't see them NOT passing them). I don't think CA had the majority of counties vowing to defy the government if they passed those laws.
    Actually I was referring to VA actually threatening to use the NG and arrest gun owners. The rhetoric never got that bad in CA. These VA Democrats are either really BOLD or really stupid. We all know that there are tons of VA that are pro gun. That's what makes it so stupid for them to do it in the first place.

Actually I was referring to VA actually threatening to use the NG and arrest gun owners. The rhetoric never got that bad in CA. These VA Democrats are either really BOLD or really stupid. We all know that there are tons of VA that are pro gun. That's what makes it so stupid for them to do it in the first place.
    They're so hopped up on victories and gaining the majority in both VA Houses that they feel invincible. They're flexing their power and ramping it up with bold rhetoric and making a show of who they think they are.

They don't realize they're rousing a sleeping dragon. And he's getting real pissed....
    Last edited by alismith; 12-25-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Demographics. Northern VA Asians whose parents came here to flee communism now vote for liberal democrats.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    No surprise, you're going to see it all over the country when dems get power. They want revenge for Trump getting elected.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It will be very interesting to see how all this plays out. A lot of people who have sworn to fight to the end may unfortunately get a chance to do just that. I live in Tennessee. It's only a matter of time before this crap reaches us. I sure wish we had better people in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how all this plays out. A lot of people who have sworn to fight to the end may unfortunately get a chance to do just that. I live in Tennessee. It's only a matter of time before this crap reaches us. I sure wish we had better people in government.
    This situation is worth everything it takes to get this straightened out. Patriots fought a foreign government to secure our God-given freedoms and we (everyone who holds these freedoms dear) can't allow that to be taken away from us, no matter what happens.

If this isn't worth fighting for, then none of our freedoms are worth fighting for.

It's time the Communist Dimocrats are held accountable for their unconstitutional actions, should they decide to press their agenda in VA.

I hope they are smart enough to back off, but recent history shows they aren't.

I think Northam is trying to follow in Clinton's footsteps with his Ruby Ridge and Waco attacks.
    Last edited by alismith; 12-26-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Demographics. Northern VA Asians whose parents came here to flee communism now vote for liberal democrats.
    Well the GOP isn't really trying to WOO that demographic. That's fucking stupid of Republicans as far as I'm concerned. they should try to court voters, like the Dems do. The Asians are a prime demographic for the picking, but we're stupid about grabbing them. Also Asians are a tiny portion of the population. The FLIP came from blacks, browns and Liberal WHITES coming from Washington DC and Maryland. Asians are totally outnumbered by Blacks and Browns.

Well the GOP isn't really trying to WOO that demographic. That's fucking stupid of Republicans as far as I'm concerned. they should try to court voters, like the Dems do. The Asians are a prime demographic for the picking, but we're stupid about grabbing them. Also Asians are a tiny portion of the population. The FLIP came from blacks, browns and Liberal WHITES coming from Washington DC and Maryland. Asians are totally outnumbered by Blacks and Browns.
    Totally agree that the GOP should reach out to minorities. But they don't. Black and most Brown people have generally not experienced communism. Asians from China and Vietnam have. So why do they vote for libs? I know boat people from Vietnam who vote for liberal dims which is a paradox to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Totally agree that the GOP should reach out to minorities. But they don't. Black and most Brown people have generally not experienced communism. Asians from China and Vietnam have. So why do they vote for libs? I know boat people from Vietnam who vote for liberal dims which is a paradox to me.
    The Dems do proactive outreach. The Republicans ignore a lot of these minority groups and all you need is one or two douchbags who insult the group and EVERYONE in that group hears about it. I'm constantly telling minorities that the Republicans are NOT racist and don't hate them but all it takes is one dumbfuck to mock them and insult them from 'the right' and it unravels all the good will the rest of us have been working on for years . The reason why we have a handicap is because the media and the Democrats run their smear campaign 24/7. The fact that the Republicans at the NATIONAL level don't fight back and seem to 'not care' is short sighted and stupid. All you need to do is start telling the minorities THE TRUTH. Assimilation, acceptance of standards of moral behavior, culture that doesn't reward criminal activity, the ability for everyone to succeed if they work hard (working hard and making money is something which we don't have to teach 'the asians'). I see a lot of racial minorities here in California SLOWLY starting to see the light and getting red pilled, but I sure as hell don't see Repubs trying to counter the Democrat brainwashing. We had a ton of conservative pro 2A Asians, Hispanics, and Blacks running for local offices and seats in California on the REPUBLICAN ticket and they didn't get ANY help from the national RNC. No financial help, no help on the ground. Of course they lost to WHITE LIBERALS in minority districts. The liberals have all the money and media support.

Seeing this I'm sure that we can start to flip districts back if we break the mental chains of the Democrat party. I see it starting slowly here already. But it will take years to make a dent in California. The smaller states have to push back hard because they can FLIP much faster due to their much smaller populations.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    No surprise, you're going to see it all over the country when dems get power. They want revenge for Trump getting elected.
    Imagine them getting in, fabricating a mass cas event along the lines of sandy hoax or false vegas to justify nationwide antifa fascism and then going thru the naughty list of names on the computer maxine waters said 0bama has. And going door to door.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIA1lQBqH1s

also this just in;
    Pennsylvania: Attorney General Issues Opinion on Partially-Finished Receivers in Extreme Deviation from Federal Law
    Shapiro relies on two arguments to arrive at this absurd result. One, that unfinished receivers are “designed” to expel a projectile by action of an explosive. It doesn’t take a law degree to figure out how backward this thinking is. Partially-manufactured lowers are explicitly designed so that they are unable to expel a projectile by action of an explosive without further work. In other words, by their very nature, they are not firearms.
    https://gunsinthenews.com/pennsylvan...m-federal-law/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Northam continues to ramp up his agenda and is going full speed ahead with his promise to jail Virginians who stand up for the their rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

He's planning on moving ahead with his gun confiscation program.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ahead...ng-gun-owners/

This could get interesting if Northam doesn't back down.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast