Thread: Looks Like I am a Collector After All

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Looks Like I am a Collector After All

I am finding that I am looking for specific types of firearms not just firearms. In the last 3 days I have passed up an opportunity to purchase a Winchester Model 94 30-30 because I already have one in .32 WSP. I also passed up an opportunity to buy a FNS-9 police trade-in that is practically new in the box. I passed on this because it was just another striker fired 9mm and I already have a couple of Glocks. I saw no reason to spend money on something that wasn't interesting or unusual.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Like you, I pass on quite a few guns because I either already hove something similar, or I don't like the looks of it.

Mostly, I prefer oddball guns and hope that, someday, my kids will inherit a small fortune in guns that will be worth a lot more than they are now.

The only gun I really wish I hadn't missed buying was the RMAC .22 turret rifle. It was a muzzle loader that could shoot any type of powder and fired (I think) #4 lead shot. I can't find them anywhere now...even on Gunbroker.

Mostly, I'm getting back into BP firearms. I am waiting for my blunderbuss to come in, then am going to drive to Winchester, VA and pick up some black powder. Flintlocks don't do well with Pyrodex and no one sells BP around here. Therefore, a road trip is necessary....

One of my next purchases will be a double barreled flintlock shotgun.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I’m a collector only in the broadest sense imaginable. Basically I’m still stuck in the accumulator mode. Have been for decades. If it’s a screaming deal I’ll get it. If I think it’ll increase in value I’ll get it. About the only criteria I have is no new calibers which though not written in stone is something I’ve adhered to for a long time. Then again when I made that rule I probably had 15 + calibers and gauges already.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell