Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As a doctor friend of mine said, if the news media really cared they would be shouting to get the flu shot as it has been just a bit more deadly than the media disease.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    More fear-mongering by the Faux Media....
    True, but some of the bad shit is real. one is all of our health care workers (HCW) running out of N95 masks and other medical gear, because they're sold out all around the world. A single HCW goes through a dozen masks on a NORMAL day in a hospital. We have 2 million HCWs working in the USA, but we only have an emergency supply of 3 million masks. We're still reliant on shipping containers arriving from china on a weekly basis and CHINA is panicking because they're running out themselves (and a lot of stupid panic buying from people who don't need the masks).

Don't panic, but don't act like it's nothing, because it isn't nothing. A balance is a good thing.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My daughter is a surgical tech and daughter-in-law is a physicians assistant that does c-sections, they are both worried about the panic buying.

We used a lot of those masks in the roofing business ( roof removals can expose you to some nasty shit), i still have over 100 in my shed, wanna buy some? on sale for $100 each....but wait, if you buy now, i'll throw in a free body bag, just pay for the shipping

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    My daughter is a surgical tech and daughter-in-law is a physicians assistant that does c-sections, they are both worried about the panic buying.

We used a lot of those masks in the roofing business ( roof removals can expose you to some nasty shit), i still have over 100 in my shed, wanna buy some? on sale for $100 each....but wait, if you buy now, i'll throw in a free body bag, just pay for the shipping

As staged, and hoped for, by the Faux Media. There would be NO panic buying if it weren't for the Faux Media and their agenda to create a crisis when there is none.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As staged, and hoped for, by the Faux Media. There would be NO panic buying if it weren't for the Faux Media and their agenda to create a crisis when there is none.
    I must respectfully disagree to an extent. People are sheep. They'll panic buy over everything.

Remember that stupid PANIC BUYING of .22LR a few years ago? The MEDIA didn't push us to buy .22 ammo. The gun owners did it all themselves. A slight bump in production numbers, due to the government buying other calibers, so that the factories shifted ever so slightly to meet that order, and then all the GUNOWNERS started panicking and emptying out the .22 LR shelves.

The media may be sensationalizing it, but the people are doing the panicking on their own.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Copied and stole a lot of your posts here. too much good info not to pass it around, Thank you for the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Gov. Wolf Signs COVID-19 Disaster Declaration to Provide Increased Support for State Response
    “It’s imperative that we continue to respond quickly and accurately to the coronavirus and its introduction into Pennsylvania,” Gov. Wolf said. “First and foremost, we want all Pennsylvanians to be safe and remain healthy and follow the practical advice of the Department of Health on ways to protect yourself from any virus and that’s by washing hands, covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough and staying home if you are sick.
    https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom...tate-response/

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post

This kind of shit happened during the early 70's "gas shortage". It seemed like everyone jumped on this marketing scam, and people were panic buying toilet paper,coffee, sugar etc., the news would announce there might be a shortage of something and BANG the herd stampeded. There were people fighting over toilet paper in the parking lots!

I never understood americans need to comfortably wipe their asses in a SHTF scenario, that would be pretty low on my list of priorities.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

This kind of shit happened during the early 70's "gas shortage". It seemed like everyone jumped on this marketing scam, and people were panic buying toilet paper,coffee, sugar etc., the news would announce there might be a shortage of something and BANG the herd stampeded. There were people fighting over toilet paper in the parking lots!

I never understood americans need to comfortably wipe their asses in a SHTF scenario, that would be pretty low on my list of priorities.
    I don't know Davepool, Have you ever missed that last wipe you needed and your ass gets intensely itchy as you go about your business the rest of the day? Getting a complete and successful ass wiping is one of my priorities in everyday life let alone a SHTF situation. Imagine you are distracted by itchy butt and let a bad guy get the drop on you.

You're probably right (forgot about the itchy part)

I just realized we got one of those "as seen on TV" bidet attachments for our toilet for christmas a few years ago, might have to break it out...not real hip to the idea of water being squirted on my brown eye, but drastic times call for drastic methods

I just realized we got one of those "as seen on TV" bidet attachments for our toilet for christmas a few years ago, might have to break it out...not real hip to the idea of water being squirted on my brown eye, but drastic times call for drastic methods
    My klingons laugh at puny squirts of water.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

All your toilet paper are belong to me.

Well then I guess I'll start stocking up on underwear
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I must respectfully disagree to an extent. People are sheep. They'll panic buy over everything.

Remember that stupid PANIC BUYING of .22LR a few years ago? The MEDIA didn't push us to buy .22 ammo. The gun owners did it all themselves. A slight bump in production numbers, due to the government buying other calibers, so that the factories shifted ever so slightly to meet that order, and then all the GUNOWNERS started panicking and emptying out the .22 LR shelves.

The media may be sensationalizing it, but the people are doing the panicking on their own.

I remember Y2K...every shelf of ammo in every store was bare. Even weird calibers and shotgun shells were gone.

Panic buying is an old tradition amongst the sheep....just tell them the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Copied and stole a lot of your posts here. too much good info not to pass it around, Thank you for the hard work!
    You're welcome and that is why I do this, to inform my brothers. I think from now on I'll only be posting the more relevant stuff that comes across the wire since we may all shortly be surrounded by this. Such as buying vitamins c and d instead of tp, and other such enhancers to the immune system.

Dr. Mark Siegel: Testing will Show Coronavirus is a “Relatively Mild Virus”
    Dr. Siegel: There’s a lot we do know. It’s more contagious than SARS. I think it’s possible it could be seasonal. We don’t know that yet. That means it will start to diminish. It has started to diminish in certain places already. Like China. It looks like in Singapore it never took off because it’s so hot there. It’s a possibility of that. Italy it still seems to be burgeoning. In Korea it looks like it’s on its way down. Here, I absolutely predict it’s on its way up. You know why? Because we’re finally testing for it. I’ve been talking about that on the show for weeks. Now they got the tests… So we’re going to see a lot of negatives but we’re going to see some positives. The fear factor is people think it’s all over the place. It probably isn’t… I’ve called labs all weekend. They got em… That’s what we’re going to find out here. The death rate is greater, and it’s always true when a new virus comes out, the first flush they always think it’s more deadly than it is. This is going to show that this is a relatively mild virus. Dr. Fauci is right.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...is-dumb-video/
    technically this virus is sars2, a cornona virus as mentioned in a billion places, and there are many different corona virus

Coronavirus Can Stay In Air For 30 Minutes, Travel Twice 'Safe Distance' According To Study
    Aerosolized coronavirus can hang in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 14 feet - approximately twice the "safe distance" recommended by health officials, according to SCMP.
    The study, conducted by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists from Hunan province, also found that the virus can survive for days on a surface where respiratory droplets land.
    The length of time it lasts on the surface depends on factors such as temperature and the type of surface, for example at around 37C (98F), it can survive for two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper.
    These findings, from a group of official researchers from Hunan province investigating a cluster case, challenge the advice from health authorities around the world that people should remain apart at a “safe distance” of one to two metres (three to six and a half feet). -SCMP
    The researchers warned that the virus could survive over five days in human feces or bodily fluids, and that it could remain floating in the air after a carrier had left a public bus.
    "It can be confirmed that in a closed environment with air-conditioning, the transmission distance of the new coronavirus will exceed the commonly recognised safe distance," the researchers wrote in their paper, published in peer-reviewed journal, Practical Preventive Medicine.
    "Our advice is to wear a face mask all the way [through the bus ride]," the researchers recommended.
    They said the study proves the importance of washing hands and wearing face masks in public places because the virus can linger in the air attached to fine droplet particles.
    Their work was based on a local outbreak case on January 22 during the peak Lunar New Year travel season. A passenger, known as “A”, boarded a fully booked long-distance coach and settled down on the second row from the back.
    The passenger already felt sick at that point but it was before China had declared the coronavirus outbreak a national crisis, so “A” did not wear a mask, nor did most of the other passengers or the driver on the 48-seat bus. -SCMP
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/cor...ccording-study

Scientists Warn About Dangerous "Tipping Point" Where Covid-19 Goes From Mild To Deadly
    Infection generally starts in the nose. Once inside the body, the coronavirus invades the epithelial cells that line and protect the respiratory tract, said Taubenberger, who heads the viral pathogenesis and evolution section of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland. If it’s contained in the upper airway, it usually results in a less severe disease.
    But if the virus treks down the windpipe to the peripheral branches of the respiratory tree and lung tissue, it can trigger a more severe phase of the disease. That’s due to the pneumonia-causing damage inflicted directly by the virus plus secondary damage caused by the body’s immune response to the infection.
    "Your body is immediately trying to repair the damage in the lung as soon as it’s happening," Taubenberger said. Various white blood cells that consume pathogens and help heal damaged tissue act as first-responders. "Normally, if this goes well, you can clear up your infection in just a few days."
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...es-mild-deadly
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Found an alternative for TP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZigqUCrO0U

I love it. This is just like those turds who try to sell a gun for an astronomical amount Those are the Gunbroker auctions that I love to bookmark and laugh at

Thanks for the chuckle!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

BWAHHA... Speaking of which, how the heck does spraying some water on your anus clean off the peanuts in my shit from my ass? Without wiping? I don't get the french. Anybody care to explain how water spraying on your ass does the job? I could see if it was a firehose pressure, but a bidget? Bidget sales surge https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...65d55ceec9ece7

Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast