Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    In the back of my mind I can't help thinking this is a grandstand play by China to show who holds the purse strings.
    Not that there isn't a virus but not near the extreme response needed.
    Unlikely in the extreme. This crisis ONLY HURTS China. In fact, they're downplaying the severity because they're terrified of the economic backlash if it 'looks' like they've lost control of it. Well, I think that ship has sailed, but for the rest of us, I hope this gets under control. Not just for the suffering and deaths of others, but also because of the economic shockwaves that will ripple across the globe. We in the USA may be barely touched by the disease, but international markets collapsing will SCREW US financially......

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Has anyone heard how long an infected person is down with this virus? 3 days, a week, longer?

It appears that a person can spread it for up to 3 weeks (according to some reports), but how long will it last when you catch it?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

If they don't get a handle on it, it may do what the Agenda 21 people wanted to do.
    And I've already seen the China goods shortage in action; at Vijon, Dell Computer, and Solstice Bedding. I drive a truck, so finger is always on the pulse of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Unlikely in the extreme. This crisis ONLY HURTS China. In fact, they're downplaying the severity because they're terrified of the economic backlash if it 'looks' like they've lost control of it. Well, I think that ship has sailed, but for the rest of us, I hope this gets under control. Not just for the suffering and deaths of others, but also because of the economic shockwaves that will ripple across the globe. We in the USA may be barely touched by the disease, but international markets collapsing will SCREW US financially......
    I'm willing to bear some short term pain if it gets us off the China teat and brings some jobs back

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I'm willing to bear some short term pain
    I think that's what China is saying too
    Kind of like when a union goes on strike over here
    Instead of walking off the job they have this as a reason to shut down which would keep them in a more positive light
    They've got a strong economy, have been hoarding gold and allowing private ownership of it also have a good chuck of US debt
    I don't think they're all that terrified
    By the time this virus spreads it may be discovered it's not all that much worse than previous ones
    All the suppliers will be scrambling to get back to production, to hell with tariffs
    Just something in the back of my mind maybe we are all gonna die
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I'm willing to bear some short term pain if it gets us off the China teat and brings some jobs back
    No one is against that. But that's what TRUMP's tariff wars are for.

NOBODY wanted an unstoppable pandemic to be unleashed. I will definitely call bullshit on that one if anyone posits the theory that China infected their own population on purpose. Now is it an accidental release from a bioweapons lab? Perhaps, but China would NEVER release a rampant weaponized virus in their own backyard intentionally. They're the ones hurting the most right now. And also we're not talking about short term pain. If the world economy collapses, it fucks us too and LONG TERM. Even if we're fine, we still need other countries to sell us stuff and buy our stuff. The days where we can keep chugging along completely isolated from the world are long over.

I've been saying for years that we can't trust China. But them accidentally having a pandemic that spreads across the globe .... well, all the preparations we make don't add up to a hill of beans, even if the vast majority of deaths aren't in our country. I want them to get a handle on this soon. But my confidence in them succeeding is about as much as I trust MSNBC or CNN to tell the truth about anything. Very low
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 02-23-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Now is it an accidental release from a bioweapons lab? Perhaps, but China would NEVER release a rampant weaponized virus in their own backyard intentionally.
    I'm with you on that. Hope I didn't come across otherwise
    Another possibility about "their response" is that they are trying methods to contain such events
    May look extreme but may be effective
    Time will tell
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

No one is against that. But that's what TRUMP's tariff wars are for.

NOBODY wanted an unstoppable pandemic to be unleashed. I will definitely call bullshit on that one if anyone posits the theory that China infected their own population on purpose. Now is it an accidental release from a bioweapons lab? Perhaps, but China would NEVER release a rampant weaponized virus in their own backyard intentionally. They're the ones hurting the most right now. And also we're not talking about short term pain. If the world economy collapses, it fucks us too and LONG TERM. Even if we're fine, we still need other countries to sell us stuff and buy our stuff. The days where we can keep chugging along completely isolated from the world are long over.

I've been saying for years that we can't trust China. But them accidentally having a pandemic that spreads across the globe .... well, all the preparations we make don't add up to a hill of beans, even if the vast majority of deaths aren't in our country. I want them to get a handle on this soon. But my confidence in them succeeding is about as much as I trust MSNBC or CNN to tell the truth about anything. Very low
    I read an interesting article, and I always take this stuff with a grain of salt (for all I know our intelligence (or others) salt the news feeds with propaganda) that basically said that China's extreme response to this proved that the problem was very serious. More or less their government's #1 priority right now is their economy, they could give a shit less if some of their people die from this thing but that they locked down entire cities shows that they perceive it as a threat economically and they weighed that the severe economic pain they are feeling right now is less than what they would experience if this continued unchecked. If this type of assessment is true then they definitely didn't release the virus intentionally. I also keep reading how shaky their economy is but again this could just be propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Has anyone heard how long an infected person is down with this virus? 3 days, a week, longer?

It appears that a person can spread it for up to 3 weeks (according to some reports), but how long will it last when you catch it?

There are people who have it and show no symptoms for weeks, save for perhaps a sore throat and cough lasting a few days, one example is the girl who got it but her hubby didn't and all she had was a sore throat.

On that subject, this post, I read it in its entirety, is perhaps the most detailed and at the same time scary read on the subject I've come across so far;
    "As a corona virus, it is highly mutagenic which is why there is no 'vaccine' nor any hope of developing one. Those protein keys that sit on the outside are in an evolutionary dance with the body for the 'key' shape that is correct. One of the most telling things they said early on - and the reason why we know that this is a bioweapon - is because of a slip-up one of the researchers said while examining it.
    He said, "It is a bioweapon because there is no change in the outer shell of the virus (SARS), while there is splicing happening on he interior---the HIV (retrovirus)/TB (fungal) additions)."
    So, it's totally impossible. Any naturally occurring alteration would have altered the SARS glycoprotein exterior as well. It is a bioweapon."

https://rense.com/general96/reality-beyond-horror.php
    read that and watch the attached vid and you'll know exactly how this thing works

Italy: Lockdowns Fail to Stop Surge in Coronavirus Cases
    Italy’s number of cases of the new coronavirus leapt upward, with dozens of new confirmed cases reported in Lombardy, the northern region which includes the country’s financial capital, Milan.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...navirus-cases/

Chinese Scientists Claim that Coronavirus Did Not Originate in Seafood Market
    According to several Chinese scientists who conducted a new study, the newly spread coronavirus did not have its origins at a seafood market in the city of Wuhan in central China as many experts initially surmised.
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/chines...eafood-market/

Iran Reports Highest Coronavirus Death Toll Outside of China
    Iran’s health ministry raised Sunday the death toll from the new virus to 8 people in the Middle Eastern country, amid concerns that clusters there, as well as in Italy and South Korea, could signal a serious new stage in its global spread.
    https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...side-of-china/

Coronavirus Expands as South Korea Now Calls For Highest State of Alert with Over 600 Confirmed Cases
    As the coronavirus continues to spread internationally, countries like South Korea are now calling for their highest state of alert in combating the virus.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...nfirmed-cases/

Covid19 Real Beast Causing Dangerous Pandemic – Chris Martenson
    Chris Martenson is futurist, economic researcher and holds a PhD in toxicology from Duke University. So, Martenson has a unique perspective about the coronavirus and what its effects will be to the global economy. Don’t believe the mainstream media. Things are not getting better, and Martenson contends, “It’s getting worse. It is a tale of two stories inside China and outside China. Inside China, we have been suspicious of their reporting, and they have been underreporting the cases at least by a factor of 10 and maybe more. This is both for infections and deaths. . . . The Chinese government would not lock down 90% of their economy just to save a couple of lives. They don’t roll that way. So, there is something there that is very worrisome to them. . . . Outside of China, we trust the numbers a lot more. . . . So, when we are looking outside of China, we are seeing the cases of the coronavirus are now increasing exponentially. It’s got a very short doubling time and a very high rate of infectivity. It’s not the flu. It’s not SARS. The mainstream media is trying to tell people there is nothing to worry about, and we don’t take that view at all. . . . Covid19, as they call it now, is a real beast.”
    https://usawatchdog.com/covid19-real...ris-martenson/

State Department Employee in Japan Ignored President Trump’s Orders and Allowed Americans with Coronavirus to Fly Back to the US
    President Trump is reportedly furious after a State Department underling in Japan ignored the President’s orders and allowed Americans, sick with the coronavirus, to return to the US from Japan. Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, appears to feel he was right in overriding the President’s directives.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ack-to-the-us/

Coronavirus: Police Raids Across Moscow to Track Down Chinese Nationals
    Bus drivers in Moscow kept their WhatsApp group chat buzzing with questions this week about what to do if they spotted passengers who might be from China riding with them in the Russian capital.
    “Some Asian-looking [people] have just got on. Probably Chinese. Should I call [the police]?” one driver messaged his peers. “How do I figure out if they’re Chinese? Should I ask them?” a colleague wondered.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ese-nationals/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

On Rush's show today, Mon. Feb.24, Rush said that the coronavirus is nothing more than a form of the common cold, that has been weaponized by the Chicom gov't. And he floated the idea that the Chicoms deliberately released it as a way to decrease their population as it was getting too large to sustain. They used this method so the government wouldn't be blamed for mass executions.

He, also, said that the Faux Media is blowing all this out of proportion as it has a 98% survival rate. He said the common flu is far more dangerous that this virus.

The Faux Media is using this as another attempt to get Trump out of office.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I love Rush, but I think he is out to lunch on this one. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I love Rush, but I think he is out to lunch on this one. Time will tell.
    The problem is there is no little known about this virus that almost any theory could be right...

Like you said, time will tell.

Freedom isn't free.

Rush puts out a lot of theories, but he's not a raving tin hat. If it's possible, like alex jones, but in a less comedic manner (aka crazy time style), Rush will put out ALL of the theories and see which one has legs.

I think we all will have just wait and see.

Just a thought. as of today 2600 people died from Coronavirus in the world (that we know of). in 2018, over 80 THOUSAND people worldwide died from the common flu. So though I'm concerned, i think i'll only panic of the death toll far exceeds the regular FLU in a year. I sure hope not. I really do.

How about this for a wacky theory? LOL The DEMOCRATS ... so desperate to beat Trump .... help release the virus in order to tank the economy so that they can blame Trump in November ..... LOL..... jk

A lot of our medical supplies are made by CHINA. There are shortages everywhere. Now WE make our own crucial drugs (not all of them but a lot) but even then, the crucial ingredients used by U.S. Pharma labs are purchased from China. Ugh.

It demonstrates what would happen if we were to engage in an armed conflict with China. Bus that's probably also the last thing they want as they hold a ton of our debt and it would also talk their economy overnight

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    On Rush's show today, Mon. Feb.24, Rush said that the coronavirus is nothing more than a form of the common cold, that has been weaponized by the Chicom gov't. And he floated the idea that the Chicoms deliberately released it as a way to decrease their population as it was getting too large to sustain. They used this method so the government wouldn't be blamed for mass executions.

He, also, said that the Faux Media is blowing all this out of proportion as it has a 98% survival rate. He said the common flu is far more dangerous that this virus.

The Faux Media is using this as another attempt to get Trump out of office.
    I think it's going to be a mix of both. More to the harsher side of effects, sadly, but you guys know I'm an old hand at doom and gloom.

Brazil Says It Might Have First COVID-19 Case In South America
    Update (1900ET): We've got some (potentially) big news. Brazil's Health Ministry said a man has tested positive for the coronavirus on in initial test. If it's confirmed in a second test, it will be the first case in South America.
    The virus has already spread from Asia to Europe, North America, Australia and Africa.
    On that note, El Salvador on Tuesday announced it would prevent entry of people from Italy and South Korea.
    In Spain, a 7th cases has been confirmed in under 24 hours. Just over a day ago, Spain had zero confirmed cases.
    Though it's unconfirmed, there's a rumor floating around twitter that an Iranian official who met with the Ayatollah a few days ago has tested positive for the virus.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...0-live-updates

Washington State releases hundreds of people from “public health supervision” over the coronavirus; tests NONE of them for the virus
    This tells you everything you need to know about how U.S. states plan to handle the coronavirus outbreak: Refrain from testing anyone and then report “zero community outbreaks.”
    Last week, the State of Washington was monitoring 794 people for coronavirus symptoms. Yet by Friday of last week, the state had only tested a grand total of 28 people for the virus.
    Today, the 794 number has fallen to 582, according to the Washington Dept. of Health website.
    This means over 200 people have been released from “public health supervision,” yet the total number of people tested for the coronavirus in Washington remains at 28.
    https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/0...for-the-virus/

Schiff: "US Is In A Gigantic Bubble... & Covid-19 Is Going To Be The Pin"
    Remember, we’re talking about the US stock market that’s at bubble territory, nosebleed valuations, long in the tooth, the longest bull market in US history that has been fueled by the most monetary and reckless fiscal policy in US history. But this is a bubble in search of a pin. So, maybe the coronavirus is going to be the pin. But if we had a healthy market, if we had a healthy economy, it wouldn’t matter about the coronavirus. It’s because the economy is sick. That’s the problem, not the people who are infected with this virus.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sc...9-going-be-pin
    the problem here is Schiff was the only talking head on tv telling the truth about the 2008 collapse before it happened, every host laughed in his face

You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus
    Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, around 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/
    bill gates dream

Hotel worker, 56, is diagnosed with coronavirus after testing negative EIGHT TIMES in 17 days during quarantine
    The 56-year-old from Sichuan Province went into isolation earlier this month
    Medical workers gave her eight tests, and none of them came back positive
    She was found to be infected yesterday after doctors performed further tests
    The incubation period is typically 14 days, but can be up to 24 days in rare cases
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uarantine.html

Top Investor Asks For Advice on “Stockpiling Food”
    Investor and Bedrock founder Geoff Lewis is asking for advice on stockpiling food in another illustration of how the spread of coronavirus is driving fears of shortages.
    Lewis, who was an early investor in Lyft, surprised some when he asked Twitter users how to go about prepping for potential food supply interruptions.
    “If one were hypothetically stockpiling four months of shelf stable food, what would folks recommend (optimizing for keto friendly)?” he asked.
    https://summit.news/2020/02/25/top-i...ckpiling-food/

The “Unsinkable” Financial Markets Just Slammed Into A Massive “Iceberg” Called The Coronavirus
    You see, the truth is that stock prices are primarily based on what investors believe the future is going to look like.
    For a long time, investors have assumed that the future would be exceedingly bright, and stock prices have steadily trended upwards.
    But a coronavirus pandemic changes everything. If worldwide economic activity comes to a standstill like we are already seeing happen in China, it is inevitable that there will be a very serious global economic downturn.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...he-coronavirus
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The more I read about all this hype about the coronavirus, the more I'm convinced most of it is being deliberately over-hyped so Trump's economy will fail. The more "bad news" the Faux Media throws out there, the more doom and gloom investors believe and sell off their investments based on that. In reality, nothing could be happening and the Faux Media is making mountains out of mole hills and people are falling for it.

If the Faux Media can get enough people to sell off, the Stock Market will crash and all will be blamed on Trump, when, in reality, it's the Faux Media. Even if everything is a lie, and the the Stock Market crashes because of that lie, anti-Trumpers will blame it all on Trump.

Again, agenda driven news at its finest....

Freedom isn't free.

Somebody's lying.

Just checked my flight app on my iPad and there is no way China is locked down and quarantining anybody. They still have flights flying all over China and flying to, and leaving, Wuhan. If anyone were under quarantine and China were really trying to prevent the spread, they would have stopped most of the air traffic over their country.

As I said in the above post, I'm getting more and more convinced the Faux Media is blowing this all out of proportion in an effort to make Trump look bad.

Think about the timing, too. We are in an election year and, so far, the Left has't found a way to stop Trump. They've tried every trick in the book and NOTHING has worked.

This could be another Commucrat attempt to defeat Trump in November, by disrupting his economy and blaming it all on him. The Stock Market is the key and, as of right now, it appears to be working in their favor....

Above all, think about this: why should we start believing the Faux Media now? Have they changed? Are they, now, starting to tell the truth about anything? What's changed to make them trustworthy now?

As far as I know, the Faux Media is still doing what they do best; promoting their agenda driven beliefs as they have always done.

Don't believe 95% of what they say and you'll be closer to knowing what's really happening out there.
    Last edited by alismith; 02-26-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Freedom isn't free.

President Trump had a news conference a couple of hours ago, starting off with the shooting incident.
    Then he went on on how there have been so few actual cases of COVID in the U.S., partly because of the way he had the necessary agencies clamp down on the border and non-citizens coming here. This despite the fact that "Sneaky Schumer" and "Putrid Pelosi" vilified him for doing that. As he said, his first responsibility is to protect the American people.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast