Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I see the WHO declared it an emergency. But first the guy gushed about how awesome the Chinese authorities were at working to restrain the virus, thus throwing away any credence he might have otherwise had.
    The Chinese are still allowing flights into and out of the country, plus flights all over the interior.

Doesn't look like they're trying very hard to contain it. (That's why I think all this is deliberate.....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

According to news I heard on the radio earlier today, they have confirmed cases in 16 countries with over 4,500 infected in China alone. Death toll in China alone is over 170. The scariest part of what I heard was that they are saying that there do NOT have to be any signs of the infection for the "carrier" to be infectious.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 01-30-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    According to news I heard on the radio earlier today, they have confirmed cases in 16 countries with over 4,500 infected in China alone. Death toll in China alone is over 170. The scariest part of what I heard was that they are saying that there do NOT have to be any signs of the infection for the "carrier" to be infectious.
    According to the news, a person is contagious 15 days before any signs show up.

And, from a nurse, working in Wuhan who refused to give her name, said the Chinese Government is lying about the number of deaths. She said the number of dead is closer to 90,000.
    Last edited by alismith; 01-30-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    According to the news, a person is contagious 15 days before any signs show up.

And, from a nurse, working in Wuhan who refused to give her name, said the Chinese Government is lying about the number of deaths. She said the number of dead is closer to 90,000.
    I'd believe that over what the chicoms are reporting. Do we honestly believe wht the chicom gov't says? Any link to that nurse/90K?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'd believe that over what the chicoms are reporting. Do we honestly believe wht the chicom gov't says? Any link to that nurse/90K?
    It was on Glenn Beck yesterday, or the day before. It might be on his website or the Blaze....

Freedom isn't free.

10,000 cases worldwide (confirmed) hard to say considering that we don't know for sure because the infected as asymptomatic for 2 weeks.

BUT in the USA, with a population of 329 Million there are only six (6) cases of Corona virus (1 Arizona, 1 Washington State, 2 California, 2 Illinois) mostly travelers from overseas. NONE of the cases in the USA are fatal. So as of now, it's worth watching, but I don't think people should panic yet.

We should all remember that normal FLU season right now, so there are a lot of people who just have regular cold and flu, who don't have the Corona Virus. I have a buddy (whom I have not seen in person) who just returned from China on a flight who feels sick, so he went to a hospital. So I'll have to see if he has it or not. LOL. Using my friend as a guinea pig to see if anyone I know has it.

BTW, all you guys who live in 'the sticks' pretty much have NOTHING to worry about. You'll hear about outbreaks in big cities that have a lot of international airport traffic way before anyone near you will get sick
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 01-31-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I lived in Singapore during the last one of these (SARS 2003). The main check point was 'do you have a high temp yes/no?', and all visitors to our office were checked, as I was at every client's office I went to. Either via thermal cameras or those little temperature check guns.

Taxi drivers, if you coughed in the back seat, would roll the window down and drive with their head half out the window.

One advantage to being an authoritarian country is that China can lock this up pretty tight. I think it will all be washed over in 6 months. We have tens of thousands of deaths in the US each year from regular flu.

I saw a few vids on a site run by a guy who worked for the feds informing on his visitors webposts and so on, so he and his site is suspect.

That said, the vids showed Chinese police and gov officials securing the doors of infected people's homes from the outside so they couldn't get out of the house. Another vid showed a team of police and a chicom official placing a sticker seal on an apartment lobby door and then using metal piping to keep that door closed, while those inside yelled at them through the window. Another vid showed a home that had the doors secured from outside, and afterwards someone set that house on fire.

Very hard to tell what's going on without hyperbole.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Zerohedge got banned by Twitter for this story:

Coronavirus Contains "HIV Insertions", Stoking Fears Over Artificially Created Bioweapon

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ated-bioweapon

A lot of people are comparing this to 12 Monkeys. We can probably give up on the bushmeat theory.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post

Coronavirus Contains "HIV Insertions", Stoking Fears Over Artificially Created Bioweapon

A lot of people are comparing this to 12 Monkeys. We can probably give up on the bushmeat theory.

I think we all KNEW the bat soup/bushmeat theory was bullshit from the get go. As some others pointed out, the vector to human didn't make any sense. Though I'm still wary of SHOCK BAIT sites that push alarmist crap for 'clicks' the one thing we all know for sure is that Mainland China's government is NOT telling us the whole story. As per my HOPES, I really hope China is overreacting (Versus underreacting) in order to 'get ahead of it'. If their crazy actions are actually an 'under reaction' then we truly are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post

'Burning Bodies In Secret' - New Accounts From Wuhan Detail Coronavirus Outbreak
    DW News East Asia correspondent William Yang cited a report from Chinese-language news outlet Initium, which said cremation facilities in Wuhan, the epicenter of the deadly virus, were receiving bodies directly from hospitals without proper identification and were excluded from the official record.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bu...virus-outbreak

Over the past few days, the mainstream press has vigorously pushed back against a theory about the origins of the coronavirus that has now infected as many as 70,000+ people in Wuhan alone (depending on whom you believe). The theory is that China obtained the coronavirus via a Canadian research program, and started molding it into a bioweapon at the Institute of Virology in Wuhan. Politifact pointed the finger at Zero Hedge, in particular, though the story was widely shared across independent-leaning media.
    The theory is that the virus, which was developed by infectious disease experts may have originated in the Wuhan-based lab of Dr. Peng Zhou, China's preeminent researcher of bat immune systems, specifically in how their immune systems adapt to the presence of viruses like coronavirus and other destructive viruses. Somehow, the virus escaped from the lab, and the Hunan fish market where the virus supposedly originated is merely a ruse.

Coincidence is amazing isn't it? I mean, bill gates, who funds planned parenthood and myriad other population reduction orgs with his trillions, recently proposed that a viral outbreak from a market in China would be the start of the newest pandemic. And the expert at the Chinese lab was profoundly experienced with the bat sars virus. How nice for him to be so close to where the infection started, so he can help out with recovery. And then some scientists in India determine the virus was genetically engineered. Who could know it? As for me, I'm gonna do my part and take the party line and believe whatever cnn tells me to believe.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The problem with these latest conspiracy theories is that they all originated with 'some random guy' on the net who claimed he heard third hand from someone else that something happened. Anonymous 'experts' are quoted but not named, mixed in with the names of REAL people and real places, to add 'legitimacy'.

Again, I always tell folks "Be aware, be prepared, but don't panic'. If it gets worse, it will get bad overseas, but not so much here in comparison. The only real thing is that it might crash international economies. And that's what I worry about. America's economy depends a lot on other nations buying our stuff, our natural resources (we're now the largest oil exporter in the world). If economic growth comes crashing down, then our own economy will suffer. I'm NOT unsympathetic to innocent people suffering elsewhere in the world, but there's nothing I can do about it. Frankly with a population of 329 million, I'm not worried about (now 8 cases) in the USA. As folks have pointed out, the USA routinely loses 8 THOUSAND people to the regular FLU every year.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The problem with these latest conspiracy theories is that they all originated with 'some random guy' on the net who claimed he heard third hand from someone else that something happened. Anonymous 'experts' are quoted but not named, mixed in with the names of REAL people and real places, to add 'legitimacy'.

Again, I always tell folks "Be aware, be prepared, but don't panic'. If it gets worse, it will get bad overseas, but not so much here in comparison. The only real thing is that it might crash international economies. And that's what I worry about. America's economy depends a lot on other nations buying our stuff, our natural resources (we're now the largest oil exporter in the world). If economic growth comes crashing down, then our own economy will suffer. I'm NOT unsympathetic to innocent people suffering elsewhere in the world, but there's nothing I can do about it. Frankly with a population of 329 million, I'm not worried about (now 8 cases) in the USA. As folks have pointed out, the USA routinely loses 8 THOUSAND people to the regular FLU every year.
    I looked this up the other day, its actually way more than 8000 per year.

Um, someone at the center didn't really look at the emoji graphic before they made their PSA poster........

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

Funny, this is the same way the democrats used to bring impeachment to the world.

And the head of China, what ever he is called, is pissed off that Trump has placed travel bans to China. Guess he doesn't like that Trump cares about the people of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Funny, this is the same way the democrats used to bring impeachment to the world.

And the head of China, what ever he is called, is pissed off that Trump has placed travel bans to China. Guess he doesn't like that Trump cares about the people of the USA.
    You said the same, exact thing I was going to say....great minds run in.....

Freedom isn't free.

This undercover journalist secretly filmed 8 bodies in 5 minutes in 1 hospital ward
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aLlqJ_1580581805

Police Shoot Infected coronavirus patient in street
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uzHjZ_1580587214

Police Arrested coronoravirus Infected People
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=enQ6_1580587363
    gunfire in background

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CAPIl_1580569457

China Virus: Wuhan residents must pass health checks before entering their own homes
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CnPIi_1580556075

holy crap
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uARzb_1580542019

I love how they think a dust mask is gong to prevent them from catching the virus.....Uh, huh....smart....Commucrat smart...

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Here is an interesting read:

https://medium.com/@realAdrianBond/c...n-229ad482c0d3

It's kinda long and gets into great detail. The author discounts the "bushmeat" theory, especially the snake-vector. He also notes that the scientist in charge of the research facility has received US gov DoD funds.

Here's how it concludes:

In conclusion, though admittedly much investigation remains to be performed (especially into the numerous unanswered questions posed in this essay), it seems the likeliest source of origin for Coronavirus 2019-nCoV is the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Further, it appears to me that, at best, there may be concerted efforts to conceal the precise nature of the virus, its source, and the parties responsible, or that, at worst, the dissemination of the epidemic coronavirus is intentional. Could the actual RNA genome source, sequencing and recombination of the coronavirus already be known, and could its vaccine have already been developed? Could it already be patented? Essentially, is this latest global pandemic threat a Communist cover-up, or a pandemic bioweapon of mass destruction developed by the global Deep State?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I love how they think a dust mask is gong to prevent them from catching the virus.....Uh, huh....smart....Commucrat smart...
    The dust mask was requested so that if they SNEEZE they don't spray all over other people. The dust mask is common in China (one common use is because of the generally shitty air pollution).

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast