Thread: What Not Calling Witnesses Should Mean

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

What Not Calling Witnesses Should Mean

The Democrats have argued for the last few days that President Trump is deserving of removal from office and that they just need to have witnesses that did not testify to the House to prove it. By arguing this they are admitting that without witnesses they do not have enough evidence to prove their case. The first thing the Senate did when convening for the impeachment trial was to take an oath to uphold “impartial justice”. What this means is that those Senators who voted that no witnesses were needed are stating that the case has been proven to them, one way or the other. Those who voted for more witnesses are stating that the case has not been proven and more evidence is necessary. For those who wanted more witnesses to uphold “impartial justice” they must vote to acquit. If they vote to convict when they do not think the evidence provided was sufficient to prove the charges, they are violating their oath and showing that they were never impartial.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    The Democrats have argued for the last few days that President Trump is deserving of removal from office and that they just need to have witnesses that did not testify to the House to prove it. By arguing this they are admitting that without witnesses they do not have enough evidence to prove their case. The first thing the Senate did when convening for the impeachment trial was to take an oath to uphold “impartial justice”. What this means is that those Senators who voted that no witnesses were needed are stating that the case has been proven to them, one way or the other. Those who voted for more witnesses are stating that the case has not been proven and more evidence is necessary. For those who wanted more witnesses to uphold “impartial justice” they must vote to acquit. If they vote to convict when they do not think the evidence provided was sufficient to prove the charges, they are violating their oath and showing that they were never impartial.
    Everyone knows the Commucrats never were impartial. Those who don't know this are either willfully denying the truth or are so stupid they are beyond any hope of redemption.
    Last edited by alismith; 02-01-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Good point ltorlo64 as usual, no wonder you advanced so much in your career.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

The whole thing was just a partisan scam by the Dems to pander to the far left and get them energized for the election.

They knew damn well the senate would never impeach Trump, and they knew they did not have a case...it's all just been a show for them and the MSM to try and make some hay with the voters and try to make the Repubs look bad. They knew quite well that's it's the job of the House to prove the case "before" it goes to the Senate who's job it is to be the jury and weigh the evidence brought before them. Yet they brought a half-baked case for impeachment lacking evidence or witnesses and then howl like short-changed arabs cuz the Senate won't prove the case for them and Trump won't help them to frame him!

The sad part is people are so ignorant that they actually believe the lies and misinformation the MSM spreads like manure and of course the braindead Libs and lefties cheer them on cuz they're overcome by Trump Derangement Syndrome.

These are troubling times we live in...."oaths" mean nothing to the Dems and they are Hellbent on bringing down the Republic and it's Constitution.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    With democrats, what is mine is mine, what is yours is negotiable. In the house hearings, no republican witnesses were allowed, and everything testified to was pure hearsay and would have been thrown out in an honest court. Finally the republicans stood up and held fast, instead of rolling over. You wouldn't let us in during house hearings, you are not coming in to senate hearings. ABOUT TIME!

The problem is they have no witnesses who heard President Trump request anything, let alone quid pro quo. All they have is opinion from people who have been shown to be biased against President Trump enough to commit what could be viewed as sedition, insurrection, and treason. Even pelousy itself said the impeachment isn't about facts it's about allegations.

Most of those involved in the impeachment show trial have a tit in the wringer because they were all caught by President Trump with their hands in the Ukrainian cookie jar. They treated Ukraine as their private atm.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Good point ltorlo64 as usual, no wonder you advanced so much in your career.
    Thanks!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

The reason for my argument is to expose just how partisan, just how unjust, the Democrats have been, both in the House and the Senate, during this entire debacle.

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The House asking the Senate to call witnesses means they didn't do their job before they rushed into Impeaching a President. Then they sit on it for 6 weeks. This is an attempted coupe and overthrow of an election. 100% Partisan attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    The House asking the Senate to call witnesses means they didn't do their job before they rushed into Impeaching a President. Then they sit on it for 6 weeks. This is an attempted coupe and overthrow of an election. 100% Partisan attack!
    You are 100% correct.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    My opinion too. The hose could have called all the witnesses they wanted to, if you need more witnesses to have enough information to convict then it means the holder didn't present a compelling case

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    My opinion too. The hose could have called all the witnesses they wanted to, if you need more witnesses to have enough information to convict then it means the huse didn't present a compelling case
    There id also an interesting logical trap for the liberals. I need witnesses because I don't have enough information to acquit. The Republicans vote to disallow more witnesses, fuck it less vote to convict. Interesting judgement in a republic where there is presumption of innocence

The seditionists are in a conundrum. They want to damage or remove President Trump but in so doing will run the risk of their fellows being exposed to much closer scrutiny than they desire right in their own impeachment trial, such as Pelosi and Biden family dealings with Ukraine, as well as China in the case of Bidens, or Kerry dealings with Iran. The seditionists also want to slow the berns roll in the polls as the bern seems to be the top dog in the dnc lineup, but just like 2016 the dnc wants someone other than bern. The impeachment process has kept the bern from Iowa and other campaign hotspots, wich may be the more important reason for drawing the impeachment out as long as possible. Everything they do is predicated on failure, and their end goals, their desires for our country, are failure. Keep in mind their perfect world, under their control of course, is modeled on prison.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

There has been some suggestions made that a lot of this scam was to "arrange" to have a lot of negative advertisement for the election this fall. "Putrid Pelosi" wasn't so concerned about getting DJT out now but having ammunition to use against republicans in general for this election.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There has been some suggestions made that a lot of this scam was to "arrange" to have a lot of negative advertisement for the election this fall. "Putrid Pelosi" wasn't so concerned about getting DJT out now but having ammunition to use against republicans in general for this election.
    I totally agree with this which is a large reason why I write things like this. I want people to realize that what is being reported is not logical and is being done to hide the misdeeds of the Democrat party.

NRA Endowment Member