Thread: What's your recommendation for a good .22LR revolver?

What's your recommendation for a good .22LR revolver?

I was checking out the Ruger LCR revolver in .22 and was not that thrilled with the feel of it. Should I seek out something like a S&W Model 617 or something like that? Anyone have a solid feeling .22 revolver that they like? Thanks in advance.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I sort of like the Ruger SP101 in .22, or the Bearcat. Haven't gotten to fire either but I like the looks of them and the price is not too bad.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have the Single Six with convertible cylinders. I like single actions and this one feels solid and is very accurate.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Comes to mind. Mainly because I think a .22 revolver is stupid.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/heri...t=5%3a00+Email

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

BISHOP
    Now, that's a revolver I would love to have.

With a barrel that long, could you attach a shoulder stock to it without having to get a federal form?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I'd love a classic S&W .22 revolver but they damn near cost as much as a .38.

Have you looked at taurus?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I have the Single Six with convertible cylinders. I like single actions and this one feels solid and is very accurate.
    Ditto ! I have also found the 6" barrel to be accurate even with low quality ammo like the Winchester white box bulk (36 gr. HP).
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Those Heritage guns can't be sold in IL-ANNOY. It is something about the low melting point of some of the parts.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

BISHOP
    To be fair, I think a 16" barrel on a handgun is stupid
    What is the point of it being a handgun in the first place? And a 16" barrel is just a gimmick, making it too front heavy to be comfortably handled all day long. But thanks for the laugh. So why do you think a .22 revolver is stupid? I have tons of .22 semiauto pistols. I just thought a revolver would be fun for tin can plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    To be fair, I think a 16" barrel on a handgun is stupid
    What is the point of it being a handgun in the first place? And a 16" barrel is just a gimmick, making it too front heavy to be comfortably handled all day long. But thanks for the laugh. So why do you think a .22 revolver is stupid? I have tons of .22 semiauto pistols. I just thought a revolver would be fun for tin can plinking.
    There have been many times I have carried (openly) my Single Six when rabbit and squirrel hunting. There have even been several occasions when I harvested one of them with the .22LR instead of a 12 gauge.