Thread: Think China will still be an economic power after this virus burns out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Think China will still be an economic power after this virus burns out?

From what I am seeing, they are a country in collapse. Their manufacturing is shut down. Their food supply is severely crippled ( trucks not hauling and no feed for starving fowl). The citizens have finally lost what little civility they had.
    The Harry Chen PhD twitter videos are ungodly.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ischinar/...14301615165441

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Really sad for the people, but the Chinese government that was on a skyrocket with their economic power has suddenly flamed out and if they aren't careful could have a major crash landing for the communist party.

Meanwhile in Eurasia, locusts have ate most anything edible in Pakistan to the Indian border, and now they want some curry. If they keep going they could reach Europe. Case in point, Pakistan is already ruined, India is next, the price of food will rise dramatically in any country infested by locusts. That being said, some people are frying locusts and living off them.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Frying locusts? Eww

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Meanwhile in Eurasia, locusts have ate most anything edible in Pakistan to the Indian border, and now they want some curry. If they keep going they could reach Europe. Case in point, Pakistan is already ruined, India is next, the price of food will rise dramatically in any country infested by locusts. That being said, some people are frying locusts and living off them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Frying locusts? Eww
    As the Chinese newscaster stated, "The frying rocusts can cover a rot of ground. That's why they can do so much damage and eat so much food.

If the rocusts didn't fry, they wood be much easier to contain and eradicate.

But, as long as they fry, they can cause a rot of damage to crops and human food sources..."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Some car makers have already shut lines down because their supply chain starts in China, and nothing in China is moving right now, their production is down 80 percent and their export shipping is down 90 percent.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/18...st-car-factory
    https://wqad.com/2020/02/09/the-coro...und-the-world/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/b...t-renault.html

The Coronavirus Exposes the True Cost of the China Price
    The China price is the ultimatum Walmart buyers give vendors: this is the price we will pay – if your factory in the U.S. can’t meet it, we have one in China that will, and we’ll be happy to help you move there.
    The China price gave us an endless stream of cheap consumer goods. It was made possible by global supply chains, transoceanic containerized shipping, and just-in-time inventory management to control warehouse and carrying costs, all part of the logic of relentless cost-cutting Wall Street demanded of multinational corporations.
    But the coronavirus has its own logic, and it does not respect the logic of Wall Street bankers, logistics managers, and mass merchandisers.
    The pandemic has exposed the frailty of global supply chains and the fallacy of the management theory calling for intercontinental supply chains and just-in-time inventory management.
    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...e-china-price/

this could end up worse than 2008
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 02-09-2020 at 08:13 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As the Chinese newscaster stated, "The frying rocusts can cover a rot of ground. That's why they can do so much damage and eat so much food.

If the rocusts didn't fry, they wood be much easier to contain and eradicate.

But, as long as they fry, they can cause a rot of damage to crops and human food sources..."
    BWAHHAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Frying locusts? Eww
    A lot of folks fry insects because deep frying covers a lot of the nasty taste and makes it palatable. I've traveled throughout Asia and have sampled deep fried insects. When it's in a nice crunchy batter, it actually makes it tolerable to a westerner

The point of the quote is the MOST folks don't eat Locusts because they have a really bitter and awful taste. Africans could eat locusts because the locusts are common in the region, but they don't because they're so nasty. They're not poisonous, but boy do they taste bad!!! So if people are frying them and eating them, that's an act of last resort.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    A lot of folks fry insects because deep frying covers a lot of the nasty taste and makes it palatable. I've traveled throughout Asia and have sampled deep fried insects. When it's in a nice crunchy batter, it actually makes it tolerable to a westerner

The point of the quote is the MOST folks don't eat Locusts because they have a really bitter and awful taste. Africans could eat locusts because the locusts are common in the region, but they don't because they're so nasty. They're not poisonous, but boy do they taste bad!!! So if people are frying them and eating them, that's an act of last resort.
    old world locusts, biblical ones, were grasshoppers. many years ago i tried fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants. the grasshoppers sorta taste like burnt bacon. the ants only taste like chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Eurasia??
    The outbreak is in East Africa.
    The outbreak of desert locusts, considered the most dangerous locust species, also has affected parts of Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea and IGAD warns that parts of South Sudan and Uganda could be next.
    https://apnews.com/ff90a080929e65d35bc3001cde24c881
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Eurasia??
    The outbreak is in East Africa.
    LOL You're right!!!. I haven't heard that term in YEARS. I think Orwell's 1984 used that term. I think it's a stretch trying to tie CHINA to AFRICA. Sorry, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    LOL You're right!!!. I haven't heard that term in YEARS. I think Orwell's 1984 used that term. I think it's a stretch trying to tie CHINA to AFRICA. Sorry, nope.
    I remember the term from school probably about when I was in middle school. I got them impression that some clever geography publisher was bothered that Europe and Asia are conjoined continents.