Thread: The Democrat's Record on Voter Suppression

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The Democrat's Record on Voter Suppression

I was listening to an interview with Representative Gabbard on Friday and something she said about Super Delegates stood out to me. Liberals and Democrats like to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter disenfranchisement and suppression because they want to protect the integrity of the electorate through voter ID laws. The goal being that every person that votes shows that they are allowed, and have the right, to vote (sort of like I have to prove I am allowed and have the right to own a firearm). Liberals and Democrats decry this as a way to suppress minority votes because some people cannot afford to get an ID, even though most of these laws include a way for those who can’t afford to pay for an ID to obtain one (I won’t even discuss the inherent racism in the belief that only minority people may not be able to afford an ID).

But is it liberals and Democrats who have been showing themselves over the last few years to be the ones disenfranchising voters and suppressing votes they do not like. Back in 2016 it was discovered that the DNC was providing the Clinton campaign debate questions to help her do better against Senator Sanders because the DNC did not want Sanders to be the Democrat nominee. Then there was the whole Super Delegate issue where even if Senator Sanders earned more votes than Secretary Clinton the Super Delegates, WHOSE VOTES ARE WORTH MORE, would still be able to make Clinton the nominee. Now we have the Iowa Caucus debacle where “inconsistencies” with voting, vote counting, and vote tallying are making it increasingly unlikely that we will ever know the results (at least from the initial Caucus).

While liberals and Democrats will continue to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter suppression and disenfranchisement, and it will continue to be reported in the main stream news media as fact, it certainly seems like it is the Democrats who are practicing suppression and disenfranchisement.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

While liberals and Democrats will continue to accuse conservatives and Republicans of ..( Fill In The Blank ).., and it will continue to be reported in the main stream news media as fact, it certainly seems like it is the Democrats who are practicing ..( Fill In The Blank ).
    Last edited by Full Otto; 02-09-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The constant cry about it infringing on a specific minority when requiring a voter ID is such a fraud. Here in Indiana, our Voter ID law passed federal review, probably because first it is FREE, and second if you can't get to the motor vehicle place to get one due to transportation issues, the state will provide FREE transportation. SO NO EXCUSE!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I was listening to an interview with Representative Gabbard on Friday and something she said about Super Delegates stood out to me. Liberals and Democrats like to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter disenfranchisement and suppression because they want to protect the integrity of the electorate through voter ID laws. The goal being that every person that votes shows that they are allowed, and have the right, to vote (sort of like I have to prove I am allowed and have the right to own a firearm). Liberals and Democrats decry this as a way to suppress minority votes because some people cannot afford to get an ID, even though most of these laws include a way for those who can’t afford to pay for an ID to obtain one (I won’t even discuss the inherent racism in the belief that only minority people may not be able to afford an ID).

But is it liberals and Democrats who have been showing themselves over the last few years to be the ones disenfranchising voters and suppressing votes they do not like. Back in 2016 it was discovered that the DNC was providing the Clinton campaign debate questions to help her do better against Senator Sanders because the DNC did not want Sanders to be the Democrat nominee. Then there was the whole Super Delegate issue where even if Senator Sanders earned more votes than Secretary Clinton the Super Delegates, WHOSE VOTES ARE WORTH MORE, would still be able to make Clinton the nominee. Now we have the Iowa Caucus debacle where “inconsistencies” with voting, vote counting, and vote tallying are making it increasingly unlikely that we will ever know the results (at least from the initial Caucus).

While liberals and Democrats will continue to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter suppression and disenfranchisement, and it will continue to be reported in the main stream news media as fact, it certainly seems like it is the Democrats who are practicing suppression and disenfranchisement.
    Never forget that whatever the Commucrats accuse the Republicans of doing, you can bet your life, that they are doing the same exact thing they are accusing others of.

p.s. Did you ever wonder why the Commucrats know so much about voter fraud, illegal activities, sexual misconduct, sex with under-aged girls, money laundering, cheating, lying, stealing, bullying, killing, racism, moral deviancy, etc....? Now you know.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Never forget that whatever the Commucrats accuse the Republicans of doing, you can bet your life, that they are doing the same exact thing they are accusing others of.
    Not the exact same thing, as they usually have improved on whatever their accusation is.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    While liberals and Democrats will continue to accuse conservatives and Republicans of ..( Fill In The Blank ).., and it will continue to be reported in the main stream news media as fact, it certainly seems like it is the Democrats who are practicing ..( Fill In The Blank ).
    That is very true and was in part how I decided to structure my discussion.

NRA Endowment Member