Thread: Is There Really a Recall on the Colt Python?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Is There Really a Recall on the Colt Python?

After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Funny how things work these days. Like politics, lies about firearms passed around the internet enough times become the truth. Still a lie to those who pay attention.

Of course googling the new Python turns up a lot of complaints, but how much is just normal teething problems that virtually all new firearms have?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Colt Addresses Python Issues in New Video

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-in-new-video/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I've never owned a colt revolver, it seems odd that the hand is kept in place by the side plate, a few loose screws and the gun malfunctions? that sucks

I've removed the side plate on my S&Ws and cycled the action and never had an issue with hand loosening up, i did temporarily misplace the hammer block the first time i took it apart, found it 2 hours later, but hey my gun room needed a thorough cleaning any way

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I've never owned a colt revolver, it seems odd that the hand is kept in place by the side plate, a few loose screws and the gun malfunctions? that sucks

I've removed the side plate on my S&Ws and cycled the action and never had an issue with hand loosening up, i did temporarily misplace the hammer block the first time i took it apart, found it 2 hours later, but hey my gun room needed a thorough cleaning any way
    My friend, a retired Sheriff's Dept. armorer, said to never buy a Colt revolver as they are super complicated inside and are easy to get out of time. He said S&W, Ruger, and others were much better designed.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I recall seeing factory loctite on one of the side plate screws on my Smith and Wesson when I took it apart. I believe it was on the screw which secures the crane