Thread: I Saw a Murder Today

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I Saw a Murder Today

My wife and I went to the Bangor Submarine Base today and while there we saw a murder. It was scary and I doubt we will ever be the same. You would feel the same way had you seen what we saw, 30-40 crows sitting in the trees in the parking lot. I will never be able to get that sight out of my mind!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    My wife and I went to the Bangor Submarine Base today and while there we saw a murder. It was scary and I doubt we will ever be the same. You would feel the same way had you seen what we saw, 30-40 crows sitting in the trees in the parking lot. I will never be able to get that sight out of my mind!
    I didn't see it happen but I've seen the after affects. It's not an enjoyable experience for sure. I still think about the man's life who was ended when I drive by the spot. Human life is fragile and precious, it is good that it bothers you it should. Don't be afraid to talk to your wife parents friends e.t.c about how it makes you feel, it's when it stops bothering you that you should worry.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I witnessed a similar murder in a WalMart parking lot about two weeks ago. I was thinking it strange to see a murder happen is such a busy place....

I feel for you. Chuck. It's hard to get past something like that.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

LOL
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

There was a Kohls in flagstaff that had a big problem with these birds for over 10 years. For some reason they were obsessed with pecking and tearing holes in the rubber roof membrane. They only did this during June and July, when it rained everyday, in all those years that i had to deal with this, no one could explain why they did this.

So the term "murder"for a group of these birds fits, they murdered that store every summer.

In 40 years of roofing this was the weirdest thing i dealt with. These birds sat in the trees around the store while my crews repaired the damage and 20 minutes after they left the damn birds would go back to within 5-10 feet of where the roof had been fixed and rip it open again. ( finally got videos of that after 5 years)

It took over 5 years to discover this and another 3 to convince corporate management that we weren't incompetent. They spent over $50,000 for various deterrent systems, some were down right ignorant. like the motion sensor sprinkler system, the water spray was supposed to scare those birds away when they landed near one, instead it became the biggest bird bath in Flagstaff. Then came the shiney flashy things; some one needed to tell Orkin that crows like shiney things.

So after 10 years they finally did what we suggested in the beginning, replace the weak rubber roof with a membrane the birds couldn't damage

I hate those bird more than i do pigeons
    Last edited by davepool; 02-17-2020 at 08:43 AM.

For the ops sake I hope hes joking and just taking about a bunch of birds getting killed. It's not pleasant when is a human.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    DAMN !
    Be glad you aren't in the this area. Around here, I have seen those parasites in groups twice that size, esp. in harvested corn fields.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    For the ops sake I hope hes joking and just taking about a bunch of birds getting killed. It's not pleasant when is a human.
    Um, do you know what the definition of 'murder' is outside of the taking of human life? bwahahahaha

A group of crows is called "a murder of crows" ....... and don't ask me why, unless you take into account the horrible sound they make when there is a lot of them! hahahaha

Come springtime, I will be seeing tons of murders in my back yard. Tons of tall trees (and yes, crows are assholes)......

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Come springtime, I will be seeing tons of murders in my back yard. Tons of tall trees (and yes, crows are assholes)......
    Funny, well I saw the other kind and it sucked

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I had a pet crow for about 7 years. Got him before he could fly and raised him. Took him to school, but had to bring him home after about 3 months as the kids in class taught him to cuss like a sailor. Mom loved him when I kept him at her house. She taught him to call the dog by name and meow like a cat.

When I decided to let him go, I opened the cage door and left it open. He stayed inside for 3 days before venturing out and then spent about 2 weeks perched on the roof. Another crow came by and visited with him. He didn't live long after that. I'm guessing he couldn't take the rigors of courtship and it did him in.

Actually, they're quite smart birds (for a bird).

I guess you could say he was "assassinated."
    Last edited by alismith; 02-17-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Funny, well I saw the other kind and it sucked
    So have I. Sadly, I saw TONS when I traveled the world when I was younger. The most loss of life I saw were in the Middle East and Africa (in some of the areas which happened to be in civil conflict at the time, so I bugged out pretty fast)

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

I guess you could say he was "assassinated."
    Crows are SMART. Some folks say they're smarter than DOGS. Just don't attack them because they'll remember your face and attack YOU every chance they get. I always tell folks, if you MUST shoo away crows by tossing things at them ..... WEAR A MASK and a HOODIE. They have great eyesight and they remember human faces.......

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I murdered 3 of them with my son's Vepr last summer. They were having their way with my sweet corn like Jesse Dickson with Carl Childers mom.

Huge number of them on the way to work tother day.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    There was a PBS show a few years ago that showed HOW smart. Not only did crows and ravens (both members of the Corvid family, along with blue jays) show they could remember peoples faces, they could remember past interactions with certain people and react accordingly. They were also the only animals (and the only NON-mammal) to demonstrate deductive reasoning and tool use !! Only humans and the great apes (chimps, gorillas, orangutans) make and use tools.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”