Thread: Favorite mouse gun?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Favorite mouse gun?

Been playing with pocket pistols lately. Bought AMT back ups in .45acp and .380. Want the others, but did not realize the Back Up came in that many calibers. The wife carries a North American Arms Guardian 380 and I just bought another.

I have a friend who likes his Beretta .25 auto and Colt Mustang.

What are your favorites?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

58 views and no opinion on a pocket pistol? WTF?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have a SCCY 9 mm. that I'm pretty happy with. The only drawback is that it's DA only.

For a real mouse gun, I have a .22 mag (BP) NAA revolver.Can't get much mousier than that....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    A Beretta 21A in .22LR is the only pistol I would call a mouse gun in my inventory. My current pocket pistol is a Kahr PM9 and if I ever get to the range to verify reliability it will be backed up by a Sig P365.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I have a SCCY 9 mm. that I'm pretty happy with. The only drawback is that it's DA only.
    I looked at those and was surprised how nice they are.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    A Beretta 21A in .22LR is the only pistol I would call a mouse gun in my inventory. My current pocket pistol is a Kahr PM9 and if I ever get to the range to verify reliability it will be backed up by a Sig P365.
    OK, mouse & pocket... I've never been completely happy with summer carry....

One of the guns I inherited was a NIB Colt Jr. in .25 ACP. According to what I could find, it was made about 1958 and had never been out of its box - until I got it. For such a short barrel, it was surprisingly accurate at 30 feet.
    I also inherited a Colt 1903 in .32 ACP that was made about 100 years ago. Unfortunately, the barrel's rifling is badly worn, but it still functions quite well.
    I also have my own Astra Constable in .380 but I don't consider either the .32 or .380 to be "mouse guns".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I used to own a Model 1907 Savage auto in .32 ACP. It was in beautiful condition and I shot it quite a bit, actually a pretty accurate little pocket pistol. An interesting footnote on that gun: it was apparently the first hi-cap pistol patented. It takes a box staggered mag which holds 10 rounds.

A couple of years ago a friend was interested and I sold it to him.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The smallest pistol I have is a G26. Don't intend to get anything smaller so I don't have much to input.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I still have a Raven .25 auto i actually carried about 40 years ago.

I have a Taurus PT709S i carry in my pocket when i can't wear a holster, pretty reliable little pistol

This showed at the FFL yesterday. Better condition than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I have a Taurus PT709S i carry in my pocket when i can't wear a holster, pretty reliable little pistol
    I had to look that one up. Looks like a good summer carry option. Doesn't look like they are in production any longer.

As to the low number of respondents, the title being "Mouse Gun" ... I've always thought of an AR-15 as being a mouse gun, others may have as well.

But, pocket pistol ... Okay! in nearly 40 years I've had several.
    In no particular order;

I've had a couple Keltec P3At's ... Beretta 21A's, the little Ruger that looks like the P3AT should, a S&W BodyGuard and SiG 250 ... even a Raven 25!

Beretta M70 in 22LR and 32acp, but maybe a bit big to be called a mouse gun.

High Standard derringer (22mag),

Astra (22Short, more for show than anything)

But I think, to date my favorite is the Colt Mustang XTS

Its the same size as a Keltec P3AT, but much more refined, better built and I can actually hit a 8" paper plate at 20yards with it ... and not as heavy or expensive as the SiG938

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have an old Remington bolt action rifle in .22 LR, with a flashlight taped to the side of the barrel, that I've killed a ton of rats with and a few mice whenever I could find them. I'd say it is more a rat gun than a mouse gun, though....

Helped clean out a friend's corn crib and barns and took out a lot of rats at the dump during my high school years.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars