Thread: You guys topping off your preps?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

You guys topping off your preps?

MTV

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

WTF.....

I'm already stocked for one year (water, canned food, dried goods, toilet paper, medicine, medical supplies) I'm good.

But you're right. That's my EMERGENCY supply. I still go out and top off my supplies just so that I don't have to use my stuff when things go really bad (which I hope they do not)

Remember, that it's not getting sick that's the biggest threat. It's the DISRUPTION of supply lines. That's the thing. We tend to forget just how fragile our goods and services pipeline is. Just a little disruption in the daily delivery of stuff throws EVERYTHING into a tizzy.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    This might turn out to be the biggest media event since that flu that Gerry Ford had fits over, with the cure hurting more than the disease. Remember that one, the flu that no one got?

After speaking to a person knowledgeable with diseases, if you are fairly health to begin with you might not even know you had Covid-19

As long as the power stays on, I have enough frozen meat for at least 6 months. Same for canned and dried food like Knorr Noodle sides, Chef Boy-R-Dee, vegetables, powdered milk, sugar, tea, etc. The problem will be "perishables" like milk, cheese, raw fruits & vegetables, eggs, etc.
    I have a small generator but it is only good for running the refrigerator and the microwave. Fortunately, the furnace and water heater are nat. gas. I have candles and kerosene lamps for both light and heat and a wood-burning fireplace and an outdoor propane grill for summer cooking.
    Where I am really short is bottles of water. I don't store water nor do I buy that expensive junk at the stores.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It's a really good time to take this seriously. I suspect this flu will not be as bad as the reaction to it; empty shelves, lack of civility etc..All the more reason to get our collective butts in gear.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    MTV
    The Commucrat scare tactic is working just as they hoped it would....

The sheep are panicking....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I'm already stocked up for emergencies though I should probably top off my water supply.

I got a feeling this is gonna be like the WWIII with Iran the MSM and liberal Chicken Littles were howling about....still better to be prepared just in case the wolf does show up this time.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I'm already stocked up for emergencies though I should probably top off my water supply.

I got a feeling this is gonna be like the WWIII with Iran the MSM and liberal Chicken Littles were howling about....still better to be prepared just in case the wolf does show up this time.
    Most all of the smart folks kept on telling us that the real risk was not from the actual disease, but from interrupted supply chains and shortages. There are entire factories in China that are shut down that make chemicals and parts for the US (that's another issue of course). So get ready for any replacement COMPUTER PARTS, like hard drives, USB sticks, memory, etc. to be in short supply in the future.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Most all of the smart folks kept on telling us that the real risk was not from the actual disease, but from interrupted supply chains and shortages. There are entire factories in China that are shut down that make chemicals and parts for the US (that's another issue of course). So get ready for any replacement COMPUTER PARTS, like hard drives, USB sticks, memory, etc. to be in short supply in the future.
    Those are just luxury items I don't need them to survive.

Food, water and fuel are the biggies and those come from US suppliers. I really can't think of anything from China I can't live without.

My biggest concern would be quarantines where they stop the trucks and trains carrying supplies from getting through.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Those are just luxury items I don't need them to survive.
    Well if your work or business requires them, going bankrupt will affect your life as well as not having food or water, though we agree that bare necessities are food, water, shelter and medical supplies. But what about after the worst passes? You won't be able to POST IN THIS GROUP if the internet goes down. Communication nowadays is just as vital as many other important items. Just a thought.