Thread: I have spent a lot of time and cash preparing for an uncertain future.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I have spent a lot of time and cash preparing for an uncertain future.

Now that is is bearing down on us, I gotta say I still don't feel ready.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Same here. Need more ammo and Toilet paper of phone books., more gasoline and propane.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    You never do feel ready. That's the problem with the unknown.

We have NO idea how long it will last. It could clear up in a month. we could release a vaccine within a few months. who knows?

What I do know is that people have short memories. Also the panic from 'something new' will die off as it becomes familiar. No matter how bad it gets, I seriously cannot see things being completely disrupted in one year's time. A year is an eternity in a crisis.

What I DO worry about long term:
    1) Government overreach in response to a crisis .... that stays even when the so called crisis is over.
    2) Businesses and industries going bankrupt in the short term because of things that are out of their control. (I hate it when good people suffer economically, but there is nothing we can do about certain things. I know folks who work in the airline, cruise ship and concert industries who are panicking that all of their income for the next year will be GONE). The long term effects of so many businesses being crippled or ruined in a year's time will be terrible and take a long time to recover.
    3) The DEMOCRATS weaponize it and fool the sheep in the USA that the only solution to all our problems is to elect more Open Borders Democrats (That's like setting small fires on a wooden ship that's has a leak in a storm).

I'd love to see all the people, including educated experts in virology, be wrong on how this thing plays out here in the US.
    I imagine whoever spent the cash to make this bug is going to be pissed it didn't keep Trump from being reelected.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You never do feel ready. That's the problem with the unknown.

We have NO idea how long it will last. It could clear up in a month. we could release a vaccine within a few months. who knows?

What I do know is that people have short memories. Also the panic from 'something new' will die off as it becomes familiar. No matter how bad it gets, I seriously cannot see things being completely disrupted in one year's time. A year is an eternity in a crisis.

What I DO worry about long term:
    1) Government overreach in response to a crisis .... that stays even when the so called crisis is over.
    2) Businesses and industries going bankrupt in the short term because of things that are out of their control. (I hate it when good people suffer economically, but there is nothing we can do about certain things. I know folks who work in the airline, cruise ship and concert industries who are panicking that all of their income for the next year will be GONE). The long term effects of so many businesses being crippled or ruined in a year's time will be terrible and take a long time to recover.
    3) The DEMOCRATS weaponize it and fool the sheep in the USA that the only solution to all our problems is to elect more Open Borders Democrats (That's like setting small fires on a wooden ship that's has a leak in a storm).

This worries me the most, i can't help thinkimg we are being tested

I wonder how things would be right now if killary had won.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    That's an easy one. Just take everything Trump has done and imagine the opposite of it all. That's the way things would be right now.

(Plus, we'd have to look at her face on the TV almost every night.... Ugh...)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    My current prediction of what is most likely to happen is that all the precautions being taken will end up slowing down the spread to the point that the idiots will think that it really was all just a hoax and go back to normal life. Then we'll have a 2-3 week period of normalcy until the virus explodes and the panic will be considerably greater than it is now.

Simple, all the people who are currently afraid of getting the virus would instead be hoping to die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    This worries me the most, i can't help thinkimg we are being tested
    Yep.

If your speculations are correct, won't the largest outbreaks be in those major metro areas filled with the "urban poor", many of whom live in rather squalid conditions, who don't practice "good sanitation", and who don't have resources to fight off a large outbreak?
    This makes the idea of "living in the country" even more appealing as you would be separated from anybody who might become ill.

On the upside, if it DOES happen this way, wouldn't that possibly reduce the "non-productive" part of U.S. society?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    If your speculations are correct, won't the largest outbreaks be in those major metro areas filled with the "urban poor", many of whom live in rather squalid conditions, who don't practice "good sanitation", and who don't have resources to fight off a large outbreak?
    This makes the idea of "living in the country" even more appealing as you would be separated from anybody who might become ill.

On the upside, if it DOES happen this way, wouldn't that possibly reduce the "non-productive" part of U.S. society?
    The biggest concern of us trapped in these BLUE DEMOCRAT HELL HOLES is the massive tent cities of homeless. And now The California Democrats want to spend another 2.83 billion to provide free healthcare to illegal aliens.

Either way, if COVID-19 sweeps through the homeless community, it will be a disaster. They'll swamp the hospitals and the rest of us can't ever be treated for normal things (broken bones, appendix, etc.) for months on end. It will suck. And we can thank the Liberal Democrats for that.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The biggest concern of us trapped in these BLUE DEMOCRAT HELL HOLES is the massive tent cities of homeless. And now The California Democrats want to spend another 2.83 billion to provide free healthcare to illegal aliens.

Either way, if COVID-19 sweeps through the homeless community, it will be a disaster. They'll swamp the hospitals and the rest of us can't ever be treated for normal things (broken bones, appendix, etc.) for months on end. It will suck. And we can thank the Liberal Democrats for that.
    We reap what they sew.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    We reap what they sew.
    Isn't that the M.O. for everything the DEMONCRAPS do? They make stupid mistakes, but they're the ones who aren't affected by it. All the people who don't support them (or don't pay attention) are the ones who do.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I get the feeling this is going to be one hell of a ride. I hooe cooler heads prevail.

Right now the news is reporting one of the biggest threats is a lack of HOSPITAL BEDS.

Well I had a friend who worked in Medical Equipment Sales. He told me that in the last 13 years, over SIX (6)!!! hospitals in SOuthern California have CLOSED Permanently. They all went bankrupt because their services were being overrun by ILLEGAL ALIENS. Illegals have no insurance, they have NO MONEY and by law (passed by the Democrats) the hospitals can't turn them away.

Can you imagine having a business where ALL of the customers can't pay, but you're forced by LAW to give them what they need anyways?

We now have THOUSANDS less hospital beds because hospitals have closed due to the swarms of Illegals.

Again, this always goes back to us suffering because of things that LIBERAL DEMOCRATS have done.

Right now the news is reporting one of the biggest threats is a lack of HOSPITAL BEDS.

Well I had a friend who worked in Medical Equipment Sales. He told me that in the last 13 years, over SIX (6)!!! hospitals in SOuthern California have CLOSED Permanently. They all went bankrupt because their services were being overrun by ILLEGAL ALIENS. Illegals have no insurance, they have NO MONEY and by law (passed by the Democrats) the hospitals can't turn them away.

Can you imagine having a business where ALL of the customers can't pay, but you're forced by LAW to give them what they need anyways?

We now have THOUSANDS less hospital beds because hospitals have closed due to the swarms of Illegals.

Again, this always goes back to us suffering because of things that LIBERAL DEMOCRATS have done.

To put this in perspective;

Total Number of All U.S. Hospitals 6,146
    Total Staffed Beds in All U.S. Hospitals 924,107
    Intensive Care Beds 3 in Community Hospitals 97,776

https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals

Total US populace as of today; 329 million

A person dies approximately every 11.59 seconds
    Number of deaths per year: 2,720,200
    Number of deaths per day: 7,453
    Number of deaths per hour: 311
    https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/in.../united-states

Italy is being rumored to be telling folks older than 80 that they are not going to be treated at all.

Each year over 30,000 Americans die from Influenza Type A,B, or C. This is
    very contagious and fatal of Chinese origin. Why did the Liberal/Media ignore
    this? Maybe it is easier to weaponize a new flu before the November election?

Italy is being rumored to be telling folks older than 80 that they are not going to be treated at all.
    This sounds as if the "DumboCare" death panels are getting an early workout in Italy. Or they are trying it out there to see how effective it can be over here.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I doubt being poor is related to this virus. Tom Hanks and wife are patients quarantined in Australia . The politicians are in "Over Kill mode". They are closing ever thing. These office holders are drunk with power.