Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great list of closures due to Corona Virus 2020

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Yep, there is run on the grocery stores going on here now, i stopped by today to pick up some fresh bagels and the place was a zoo, no bread,canned goods,etc.

We were just there saturday and they were only out of toilet paper

I spent the day on the lake fishing with my grandkids (the schools are closed). It's a good thing i'm stocked up on food cause i could never feed my family on what i can catch
    We were topped up by store open at 7am, and the bread, tp, eggs, and sanitizers etc were gone by 4pm. It's actually gotten worse the last few days rather than tapering off as I expected. People were decidedly in worse mood, saw some parents calming scared to tears kids, dunno how it's all gonna play out. Supposedly the closed schools, restaurants, bars, etc will have the food they normally sold be redirected to grocer's. Our trucks are running 12 hours behind last I heard.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    We were topped up by store open at 7am, and the bread, tp, eggs, and sanitizers etc were gone by 4pm. It's actually gotten worse the last few days rather than tapering off as I expected. People were decidedly in worse mood, saw some parents calming scared to tears kids, dunno how it's all gonna play out. Supposedly the closed schools, restaurants, bars, etc will have the food they normally sold be redirected to grocer's. Our trucks are running 12 hours behind last I heard.
    One of my sons is a manger for Trader Joes. He said they've had a huge jump in sales but are able to keep supplied and so far no brawls over TP , when most of your customers are old hippies who wipe their butts with dry leaves and herbs , no fights over TP

One of my sons is a manger for Trader Joes. He said they've had a huge jump in sales but are able to keep supplied and so far no brawls over TP , when most of your customers are old hippies who wipe their butts with dry leaves and herbs , no fights over TP
    Nice!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Yea he really likes it, and i have finally gotten over the fact that he dropped out of architecture school to get his MBA and work for them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-r...ed-11584611233

California Orders Lockdown for State’s 40 Million Residents
    U.S. coronavirus cases surpass 14,000; China reports no new domestic virus infections

California ordered its 40 million residents to stay at home except for essential activities beginning Thursday night in the largest such lockdown in the U.S., as the nation’s total coronavirus cases rose to more than 14,000 and an intensifying outbreak in Europe pushed State Department officials to advise citizens not to travel abroad.

In a letter to President Trump, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he estimated 56% of the state’s population, or 25.5 million people, would be infected over an eight-week period.

Mr. Newsom sent the letter—asking that a naval hospital ship be deployed to Los Angeles to increase health-care capacity—before the lockdown order. In calling for people to stay home, Mr. Newsom asked the state’s residents to “bend the curve together.” Nearly half of residents in America’s most populous state had already been given stay-at-home orders from local cities and counties, including Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area.

With every thing shutdown isn't everyone doing that? Who decides what essential activities are? Are they going to arrest you for non compliance? (if they do just tell them your looking for cars to steal)

On the good news side CHINA HAS STOPPED THE VIRUS, there are no new cases! WOO HOO WUHAN!!!
    Last edited by davepool; 03-20-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I bought the last hi point carbine that bass pro had. love it.

Last edited by rci2950; 03-20-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I bought the last hi point carbine that bass pro had. love it.

9 mm., .40, or .45 auto?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    9 mm., .40, or .45 auto?
    9mm its all they had. I like it though so does my wife.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    9mm its all they had. I like it though so does my wife.
    I have both 9 mm. and .45. You'll love it. Accurate, reliable, lightweight, and inexpensive all the way.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Summerfest in Milwaukee postponed until September.

The local range here, Ben Avery, is going to close for 5 days and will reopen.This is prime time for big shooting matches here and while some are being rescheduled i think most will go on.

On a busy weekend, there are 60+ shooters on the line at the public range all day ( 7am - 5pm ), there's so much gunsmoke and lead in the air no virus could survive

Starting to taper off at work from the madness the last week, just need some time to catch up on deliveries. Went past earlier today and it looked like a normal tues from parking lot volume.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

The local range here, Ben Avery, is going to close for 5 days and will reopen.This is prime time for big shooting matches here and while some are being rescheduled i think most will go on.

On a busy weekend, there are 60+ shooters on the line at the public range all day ( 7am - 5pm ), there's so much gunsmoke and lead in the air no virus could survive
    I've been meaning to call the outdoor range I shoot at over in Indiana. I would think they would still be open but who knows. I'm getting cabin fever and a surefire cure is burning powder & tossing lead.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I've been meaning to call the outdoor range I shoot at over in Indiana. I would think they would still be open but who knows. I'm getting cabin fever and a surefire cure is burning powder & tossing lead.
    Would lighting some talcum powder and throwing some lead fishing weights around help?.....

That helps my cabin fever a lot.
    Last edited by alismith; 03-24-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Monday, March 23, 2020
    https://www.in.gov/gov/3232.htm?fbcl...3EdJ9CLUUx_t0c
    INDIANAPOLIS – Governor Eric J. Holcomb delivered a statewide address Monday to order that Hoosiers remain in their homes except when they are at work or for permitted activities, such as taking care of others, obtaining necessary supplies, and for health and safety.
    The Stay-At-Home Order takes effect Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
    The order ends on Monday, April 6, at 11:59 p.m. ET, but could be extended if the outbreak warrants it.

It's funny, I spend most of my time here alone

Now that I'm supposed to stay put I don't want to
    Last edited by Full Otto; 03-24-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

nice view, that your ultralight?

No an old biplane I got to ride in last summer
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Nice place, i guess your range never closes

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    No an old biplane I got to ride in last summer
    Very cool. Flying in an open cockpit airplane has been on my bucket list for some time.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast