Thread: Mayor given "extraordinary powers" to ban guns, ammo, booze, etc.

Exclamation Mayor given "extraordinary powers" to ban guns, ammo, booze, etc.

The City Council of Champaign, IL (home of the University of IL) voted 9 - 0 to grant the mayor the power to close bars, restaurants, grocers, gun stores, seize property, shot off gas/water/electricity, etc.
    Read it an weep -

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...64916?amp=true

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/202...vate-property/
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From the article:

(6) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, dispensing or giving away of explosives or explosive agents, firearms or ammunition of any character whatsoever;

(7) Order the control, restriction and regulation within the City by rationing, issuing quotas, fixing or freezing prices, allocating the use, sale or distribution of food, fuel, clothing and other commodities, materials, goods or services or the necessities of life;

(8) (a) Order City employees or agents, on behalf of the City, to take possession of any real or personal property of any person, or to acquire full title or such lesser interest as may be necessary to deal with a disaster or emergency, and to take possession of and for a limited time, occupy and use any real estate to accomplish alleviation of the disaster, or the effects thereof;

(9) Order restrictions on ingress or egress to parts of the City to limit the occupancy of any premises;

(10) To make provision for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing;

(11) Temporarily suspend, limit, cancel, convene, reschedule, postpone, continue, or relocate all meetings of the City Council, and any City committee, commission, board, authority, or other City body as deemed appropriate by the Mayor.

(12) Require closing of business establishments.

(16) Suspend or limit the use of the water resources or other infrastructure.

(17) Control, restrict, allocate, or regulate the use, sale, production, or distribution of food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources.

(22) Establish and control routes of transportation, ingress or egress.

(26) Require the continuation, termination, disconnection, or suspension of natural gas, electrical power, water, sewer, communication or other public utilities or infrastructure.

(29) Exercise such powers and functions in light of the exigencies of emergency or disaster including the waiving of compliance with any time consuming procedures and formalities, including notices, as may be prescribed by law.

I believe we already had a war against Britain for forcing similar laws on us a little over 200 years ago. That didn't turn out well for Britain....

It's amazing how elected officials can just suspend the Dill Of Rights whenever they want.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I just got an email from a friend who live in Il way north of that area
    He was wanting to know if our local guy was open tomorrow
    Wants to but ammo in bulk
    Not sure what he's hearing but may be related
    I offered to check for him Mon still waiting to hear back
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

This virus thing is TOTALLY blown out of proportion. The freakin' yearly flu is more dangerous than the "Corona virus".

I am one to listen to "conspiracy theory" ideas and not dismiss them out of hand, but I find it difficult to believe the one about a "Weaponized virus experiment in China gone wrong", but my wife who usually DOES poo-poo conspiracy ideas said "I wouldn't put it past China to do something like that".

Strange.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I just got an email from a friend who live in Il way north of that area
    He was wanting to know if our local guy was open tomorrow
    Wants to but ammo in bulk
    Not sure what he's hearing but may be related
    I offered to check for him Mon still waiting to hear back
    I've got lots of ammo in stock, and I fear when Pres. Trump gets re-elected, the democraps will blow their fuses and go totally psychotic (if it's possible for them to get worse).

I'll be prepared for them.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Wow, 9-0 to completely suspend the constitution....these people watch too many zombie movies

So when this fantasy disaster is over, are there provisions to hold accountable any of their minions who might get a little too aggressive, you know like killing people or beating up confused old ladies

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Wow, 9-0 to completely suspend the constitution....these people watch too many zombie movies

So when this fantasy disaster is over, are there provisions to hold accountable any of their minions who might get a little too aggressive, you know like killing people or beating up confused old ladies
    No. That's in the fine print that nobody ever reads.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    No. That's in the fine print that nobody ever reads.....
    hmm, much like terrorism and the patriot act the best thing for the government is to convince us that the threat of disease is ongoing.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    hmm, much like terrorism and the patriot act the best thing for the government is to convince us that the threat of disease is ongoing.
    Yep, i read this morning that even though the virus may subside during warmer weather, IT WILL LIKELY RETURN NEXT FLU SEASON, so they're setting the stage for round 2. Interesting that it will coincide with the election, wonder what tricks they have up their sleeve.

The weak minded voters elect treacherous leaders. This entire Patriot Act is headed for the SCOTUS.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    A guy by the name of Hitler is laughing his butt off in the hot place.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Scratch a democrat and you'll find a fascist.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter