Thread: So when does the run on the banks begin?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

So when does the run on the banks begin?

My guess is tomorrow.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    No need to run on the banks since cash is pretty much obsolete.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    My guess is tomorrow.
    What's so special about "tomorrow?"
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What's so special about "tomorrow?"
    Why would there be a run on the banks? A run implies a loss of confidence in our financial institutions.

If anything, people are losing money on the stockmarket (but it WILL come back) but this is NOTHING like the Savings and Loans disaster of the 90s where 1,043 out of the 3,234 institutions collapsed. I remember also in 2008 when there was a scare where banks might close (thanks to the idiot lending practices forced on the banks by Senators Dodds and Frank). So far, nothing like that.

Our money will be sitting in our banks in the short term. Society has to totally collapse for things like BANKS to crumble.

None of the banks in any other countries have failed. If anything the hospitals will collapse and start turning away patients to die.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I didn't say it would make sense. I'm simply looking back at Venezuela, Argentina, and the Balkans. I could be wrong.

It's already begun.

A Bank in Midtown Is Cleaned Out of $100 Bills
    https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/14/a-bank-...-of-100-bills/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I didn't say it would make sense. I'm simply looking back at Venezuela, Argentina, and the Balkans. I could be wrong.
    Ah yes. You're right. I forgot that one should never underestimate the capacity for people to be stupid.

All you need is a rumor, or just ONE bank to have a momentary delay in getting their cash reserves delivered from the FED and wham, folks act like morons.

At this point my biggest fear is asshats from big cities will flee to our more rural environs, and make these peaceful pockets of paradise exact copies of the shitholes they came from.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The working citizens that have the 401K retirement accounts were hit hard last week. I have investments and am retired. I lost $34,000 dollars in 2 days last week. I stayed in the game and picked up $6,000 today. When the markets drop I buy stock at a bargain price. Bulls or Bears your call?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    It's already begun.

A Bank in Midtown Is Cleaned Out of $100 Bills
    https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/14/a-bank-...-of-100-bills/
    You should never concentrate on one (or even two) denominations. A mix of $20s, $50s, and $100s is best. Having $5s and $10s would be nice but really unnecessary as the $20s and $50s will give you enough of those when used to pay for whatever.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    You should never concentrate on one (or even two) denominations. A mix of $20s, $50s, and $100s is best. Having $5s and $10s would be nice but really unnecessary as the $20s and $50s will give you enough of those when used to pay for whatever.
    i was wondering about that. Benjamins / C Notes / 100 dollar bills are probably not good for most cash transactions. People won't have change. A lot of people are suspicious of them. HELL, I get a weird look and my 100 dollar bills get TESTED WITH A PEN by suspicious cashiers everywhere now (even BEFORE the pandemic). So having a stack of 100s if only good if you're looking to throw money at something (like buying a speedboat and getting the hell outta Dodge) or you're fleeing the country LOL. Anyone else think it's weird to only have 100 dollars bills?