Thread: WYF happened to Silver prices?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

WYF happened to Silver prices?

I noticed they were down to $16 range a week ago, then today $12 an ounce!!!!! WTF isn't metal supposed to go up during crisis? Holy batman, Taking a bath here and on oil.

NO. When the value of the dollar drops then precious metals go up.

Our dollar is still strong, just the country is going to paranoid panic sh1t.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    NO. When the value of the dollar drops then precious metals go up.

Our dollar is still strong, just the country is going to paranoid panic sh1t.

BISHOP
    That's what I thought. When money fails, metals will become more valuable.

However, it might be a good idea to buy as much as you can while the price is lower.....JIC.

p.s. Don't panic when the prices start dropping. Look at it as a bonus (if you are in a position to buy, that is).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

We're not in a financial crisis in that there is lack of trust in our monetary system. That's why. Also the price of oil is plummeting due to the price war between Russian and Saudi Arabia. They're both strapped for cash so they have to pump MORE oil, thus driving the price LOWER. It is hurting OUR oil stocks, but lower gas prices are generally GOOD for everyone else, including most non-oil industry related businesses.

People still have trust in our economy and financial institutions. Thus why would metals go up now? The panic is epiphenomenal to the quotidian of the precious metals market.

I'm hoping we see a nice boom once this is all said and done. I think if our leaders put the right policies in place we could sustain that boom and probably come out ahead of everyone else.

At this point there are hundreds of times more paper ounces in circulation than the physical metal, all thanks to libor and associates. As long as they (they meaning banksters) can satisfy people with paper rather than metal in hand this will continue, once that's no longer the case we will experience an unsettling sensation called price discovery, where metals might see multipliers in the thousands range. I can't believe how far down they've pushed silver, but this is a patent education in a little thing we call inflation, or the modern money theory - you can't inflate metal but you can inflate paper.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Strange that it is going so cheap and at the same time sold out for now.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Not really strange. People are buying because it is so low....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I thought the same thing. More like they don't want to sell their silver until the price is closer to what it was. I noticed they have plenty of the premium artsy silver that always is 3 or 4$ over spot available...... JM Bullion.