Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Positive changes from Cornavirus?

  1. #1
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,034

    Positive changes from Cornavirus?

    A lot has been said about the negative effects this will have on our lives, but are there any positives that can come about?

    Will this have a unifying effect like 9/11 did?

    Will our congress find their balls and fight against the globalist agenda and close the fucking borders (or a least restrict entrance)

    Strange things are happening lately.
    We had to go to the grocery store to pick up my wifes meds, i waited in the truck. I watched a couple old folks walking to their cars and two 20 something kids grabbed their cart pushed it to their car and unloaded the cart for them, saw this a couple times. My wife came out talking to a 30 something woman and thanking her for her kindness, she told me the woman insisted on paying for her purchases (about $12) because "we need to come together and help each other"

    I went to home depot to get some 2x4 and some young mexican dude loaded it my truck for me, didn't need to ask for help

    People that i wouldn't expect are being nice to me, geez i may have to suspend my cynical old man routine for a while

  2. #2
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    The upside is they did that to help you out. (charity)

    The downside to that is they did it because they see you as old. (pity)

    The upside is that you've spent a lot more time on the right side of the dirt than a whole lot of other people ever did. (satisfaction)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  3. #3
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,263
    Maybe we'll finally get our shit together and end our reliance on China.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

    Will this have a unifying effect like 9/11 did?
    Have you SEEN the fucktard Libtard MEDIA? The MSM douchbags are calling this 'the TRUMP PLAGUE". Doesn't matter what he does, they'll go insane trying to spin anything to smear him. This is nothing like 911. At least the MEDIA didn't attack Bush and America when we were under attack. The Media and the Democrats don't care any more. They WANT to destroy America now. Anything to screw over Trump.

  5. #5
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Have you SEEN the fucktard Libtard MEDIA? The MSM douchbags are calling this 'the TRUMP PLAGUE". Doesn't matter what he does, they'll go insane trying to spin anything to smear him. This is nothing like 911. At least the MEDIA didn't attack Bush and America when we were under attack. The Media and the Democrats don't care any more. They WANT to destroy America now. Anything to screw over Trump.
    All this is part of the Commucrat agenda. To them, the end justifies the means. They'll bring this nation down just to satisfy their hatred of Trump and will do ANYTHING to get rid of him.

    The Commucrat Party should be labeled a terrorist organization for all they've done to destroy this nation.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  6. #6
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Maybe we'll finally get our shit together and end our reliance on China.
    That's what i'd like to see happen, as well the politicians who allowed/caused this to happen voted out of office. It's insane that america can be brought to it's knees by this. We'll bounce back, we always do but we better pay serious attention to the weakness this has exposed cause our enemies certainly are.

  7. #7
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Have you SEEN the fucktard Libtard MEDIA? The MSM douchbags are calling this 'the TRUMP PLAGUE". Doesn't matter what he does, they'll go insane trying to spin anything to smear him. This is nothing like 911. At least the MEDIA didn't attack Bush and America when we were under attack. The Media and the Democrats don't care any more. They WANT to destroy America now. Anything to screw over Trump.
    Yeah i have, but i've lived for 40 years with a woman who never focuses on the the bad side of things (it's really annoying sometimes) and i guess i'm getting caught up in her hopefulness.

    But hey, thanks for reminding me how fucked up people are (asshole)....i guess it's back to my cynical old man routine



  8. #8
    Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    4,279
    Not saying this is directly related to covid19, but people all over social media are noticing that Twitter, Faceplant, Youtube, etc have stopped censoring conservative content.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

    WWG1WGA

    Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

  9. #9
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Not saying this is directly related to covid19, but people all over social media are noticing that Twitter, Faceplant, Youtube, etc have stopped censoring conservative content.
    Why do you think that's happening?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  10. #10
    Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    4,279
    People are speculating that Trump has ordered them to open up or lose safe-harbor protections or that the feds have actually taken over the platforms completely. Frankly, it's a mystery to me.

    Coincidentally, I received an extensive Gallup poll on this very topic this morning.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

    WWG1WGA

    Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

  11. #11
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

    But hey, thanks for reminding me how fucked up people are (asshole)....i guess it's back to my cynical old man routine

    My pleasure! You're welcome! LOL.

    But I kinda MISS the days when the media did NOT attack George W. Bush and worked all together to support our government and nation in the days after 9/11. But the media is no longer like that. They're America hating traitor fucktards. This is unprecedented. I've never seen a Media that is so willing to destroy it's own country just to take down a president.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    A lot has been said about the negative effects this will have on our lives, but are there any positives that can come about?
    I'd like to think so but in this day and age?

    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  13. #13
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Will this have a unifying effect like 9/11 did?
    Well I'll be damned:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilh...virus-pandemic
    Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

    Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

    "Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."
    ...........
    At first glance it's a feel good but when you see what she's happy about
    ...........
    Omar was responding to a post by The Intercept's Lee Fang, who noted: "Trump suspending mortgage foreclosures, demanding cash payments to Americans, now invoking the Defense Production Act to force private firms to produce needed supplies is incredible.
    ...........
    Pretty sure she'll be back to bitching when this passes
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  14. #14
    Senior Member Durangokid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    922
    Tank_Monkey you are dead on with that post. China has set up America like ten pins with this hoax. They have knocked our great economy out and put the U.S. in a tail spin. In a few weeks Americans will wake up to a "depression".

  15. #15
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Well I'll be damned:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilh...virus-pandemic
    Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

    Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

    "Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."
    ...........
    At first glance it's a feel good but when you see what she's happy about
    ...........
    Omar was responding to a post by The Intercept's Lee Fang, who noted: "Trump suspending mortgage foreclosures, demanding cash payments to Americans, now invoking the Defense Production Act to force private firms to produce needed supplies is incredible.
    ...........
    Pretty sure she'll be back to bitching when this passes
    I'll bet Commucrats are reeling with her statement. They sure as hell weren't planning on one of their own praising Trump. She'll get a severe reprimand for breaking stride, of that you can be sure.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  16. #16
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    Tank_Monkey you are dead on with that post. China has set up America like ten pins with this hoax. They have knocked our great economy out and put the U.S. in a tail spin. In a few weeks Americans will wake up to a "depression".
    If this wasn't planned it is a an example of what could be a very effective strategy. When a new flu pops up it is an opportunity to paralyze the rest of the world. In an authoritarian communist regime they can withstand a shutdown for a few weeks (months) and then get back to work while everyone else is still holding their dicks.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I'll bet Commucrats are reeling with her statement. They sure as hell weren't planning on one of their own praising Trump. She'll get a severe reprimand for breaking stride, of that you can be sure.
    Speaking of which on the flip side

    https://www.foxnews.com/world/high-p...inping-a-clown
    An outspoken tycoon who blasted Chinese President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party for their abysmal handling of the coronavirus has gone missing, his friends say.
    Ren Zhiqiang, a retired real estate executive, has never been shy about sharing his feelings toward people in power. In fact, last month he called Xi, one of China's most powerful leaders in modern history, a "clown" and slammed the government's efforts to contain COVID-19.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  18. #18
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Speaking of which on the flip side

    https://www.foxnews.com/world/high-p...inping-a-clown
    An outspoken tycoon who blasted Chinese President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party for their abysmal handling of the coronavirus has gone missing, his friends say.
    Ren Zhiqiang, a retired real estate executive, has never been shy about sharing his feelings toward people in power. In fact, last month he called Xi, one of China's most powerful leaders in modern history, a "clown" and slammed the government's efforts to contain COVID-19.
    I'd say he got a serious "reprimand."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  19. #19
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,530
    This may have been in another thread here but I don't remember.
    Somebody pointed out that, 11 years ago, the "swine flu" (another Chinese import) made more people sick than Covid-19 and caused the deaths of a much higher percentage of those who contracted the swine flu.
    Where was the media hype back then???
    OH, that's right - they couldn't embarrass the "Anointed One". Now, with a president they despise, they will say and do anything to get rid of him.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  20. #20
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,286
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This may have been in another thread here but I don't remember.
    Somebody pointed out that, 11 years ago, the "swine flu" (another Chinese import) made more people sick than Covid-19 and caused the deaths of a much higher percentage of those who contracted the swine flu.
    Where was the media hype back then???
    OH, that's right - they couldn't embarrass the "Anointed One". Now, with a president they despise, they will say and do anything to get rid of him.
    Exactly! That's why the Faux Media is keeping Covid-19 in the forefront of all news broadcasts. They're doing their best to cause as much panic as they can just to try and make Trump take all the blame for all the havoc they're causing.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •