Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm not rushing to the gunstore to buy guns and ammo ....

Why I'm not rushing to the gunstore to buy guns and ammo ....

The answer should be obvious to anyone on this forum. I've gotten well past the point of 'this I need' and now have the list of 'would be nice to have' as far as the collection. Also ammo? You guys know that most smart guys have long term stockpiles already, so I see no need to rush out and stand in line for hours for a couple of boxes. I'm still sitting on crates of 5.56mm, 7.62x39, .308, 30-06, 9mm, 45 acp, and a ton of other calibers in lesser quantities. I don't need to expose myself to crowds now and I'll leave all the stuff on the shelves for those poor souls who don't have anything yet.

I assume that all of you guys are well prepared anyways, so nothing would surprise us.

But there is something I don't like. I see people who are raving ANTI GUNNERS lining up to get guns. I know some personally. They hate guns and think they should be banned. And NOW... they're rushing to all the surviving gun stores, waiting in line to buy their first gun...... They're SHOCKED that they can't just cash and carry in California. They're shocked at the amount of paperwork. They're SHOCKED that there are a ton of guns that the politicians have banned in our state that are legal to buy in other states. They're shocked that there is a waiting period. They're SHOCKED that you can't just order modern centerfire guns on the internet delivered to your house (with no FFL mind you). I love how their own ignorance about how the laws their democrat buddies pass are now biting THEM in the ass.

Should I welcome them to the club? (aka welcome to the list of Americans who own and shoot) Or should I mock them for reaping what they sow? (aka laugh at their inability to get anything) Not sure. What would you guys do? the more people who own guns and are educated on their use are MORE VOTERS to vote out anti gun politicians in the long run. I just can't get over my prejudice against their past stupidity.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I say welcome them. Get them involved in shooting and even in some level of pro gun advocacy.

Welcome them from six feet away then add
    "Stay Woke Nigga"
    Then walk away and let them come to you
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Laugh and mock!!!!!!!! What's next? Give then a 40 pack of TP because they were too stupid to buy some early enough?
    Give them YOUR food?

Sometimes I help other times I laugh and mock and rub it in HARD, then walk away. Many will never learn if it keeps being given to them. They need to feel the sting! Remember, THIS is what they wanted, voted for.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Welcome them with a smile.

They don't have to know why you're smiling....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Laugh and mock!!!!!!!! What's next? Give then a 40 pack of TP because they were too stupid to buy some early enough?
    Give them YOUR food?

Sometimes I help other times I laugh and mock and rub it in HARD, then walk away. Many will never learn if it keeps being given to them. They need to feel the sting! Remember, THIS is what they wanted, voted for.

BISHOP
    In a way, they are being stung. They are being stung by their own stupidity and reaping the rewards of that stupidity.

Hopefully, this situation, where they are actually needing something they never cared for in the past, will teach them a lesson.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    In a way, they are being stung. They are being stung by their own stupidity and reaping the rewards of that stupidity.

Hopefully, this situation, where they are actually needing something they never cared for in the past, will teach them a lesson.
    No rushing to buy guns and ammo for me, I'm all set here.

It looks like all of the firearms dealers in PA are being ordered to shut down.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-down/2333625/

Any business in Pennsylvania that does anything other than "life-sustaining" work must close its doors, Gov. Tom Wolf ordered Thursday.

And if they don't, business owners could be fined, lose their business license, even be jailed -- and would give up the ability to file for disaster aid.

Businesses must close their physical locations by 8 p.m. Thursday, though the order does not rule out working remotely.

Enforcement actions against businesses that don't close physical locations will begin at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.

“To protect the health and safety of all Pennsylvanians, we need to take more aggressive mitigation actions,” Wolf said in a statement. “This virus is an invisible danger that could be present everywhere. We need to act with the strength we use against any other severe threat."

The order significantly strengthens Wolf's previous guidance to statewide businesses. This is an order, not a request, and it spells out specifically the few industry segments that can stay open.

The only businesses that can stay open are "life-sustaining" ones: farms and their suppliers, food manufacturing, medical care facilities, medical products suppliers and banks. Retailers that sell food, gas, automotive parts and building materials may also stay open.

Restaurants may continue to offer take-out.

Other manufacturing and construction companies must close, as must all other retailers. Insurance companies, legal firms, employment services and beauty salons or barbers must close their locations. Accountants must close.

Social-services agencies can stay open, but unions must send workers home. Movie or music studios must close, but TV and radio stations may stay open.

Beer distributors, it is important to note, may stay open.

The Wolf administration previously deferred to Philadelphia about what is considered non-life-sustaining businesses in the city. That caused some confusion, with some retailers staying open despite the city and state's guidance.

“We just received the Governor’s order and are in the process of reviewing it. We anticipate having more to say on this tomorrow,” Kenney spokesman Mike Dunn said.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    It looks like all of the firearms dealers in PA are being ordered to shut down.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-down/2333625/

Any business in Pennsylvania that does anything other than "life-sustaining" work must close its doors, Gov. Tom Wolf ordered Thursday.

And if they don't, business owners could be fined, lose their business license, even be jailed -- and would give up the ability to file for disaster aid.

Businesses must close their physical locations by 8 p.m. Thursday, though the order does not rule out working remotely.

Enforcement actions against businesses that don't close physical locations will begin at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.

“To protect the health and safety of all Pennsylvanians, we need to take more aggressive mitigation actions,” Wolf said in a statement. “This virus is an invisible danger that could be present everywhere. We need to act with the strength we use against any other severe threat."

The order significantly strengthens Wolf's previous guidance to statewide businesses. This is an order, not a request, and it spells out specifically the few industry segments that can stay open.

The only businesses that can stay open are "life-sustaining" ones: farms and their suppliers, food manufacturing, medical care facilities, medical products suppliers and banks. Retailers that sell food, gas, automotive parts and building materials may also stay open.

Restaurants may continue to offer take-out.

Other manufacturing and construction companies must close, as must all other retailers. Insurance companies, legal firms, employment services and beauty salons or barbers must close their locations. Accountants must close.

Social-services agencies can stay open, but unions must send workers home. Movie or music studios must close, but TV and radio stations may stay open.

Beer distributors, it is important to note, may stay open.

The Wolf administration previously deferred to Philadelphia about what is considered non-life-sustaining businesses in the city. That caused some confusion, with some retailers staying open despite the city and state's guidance.

“We just received the Governor’s order and are in the process of reviewing it. We anticipate having more to say on this tomorrow,” Kenney spokesman Mike Dunn said.
    I like a Governor with priorities.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Give them YOUR food?

BISHOP
    I agree with Bishop.
    Sure, I would welcome them to the ranks of gun owners but I would most definitely remind them that it is/was the "democrat politicians" (without laying any blame on those who voted for them!) who passed the legislation that made their purchases so difficult. Let them conclude that, if the politicians they voted for have done this to them, then MAYBE the new owners will conclude that they don't WANT politicians like that.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome them, pointing out that it isn't as easy as the news media and most democrats makes it look like it is easy legally buy a firearm.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I'd be very cautious about welcoming them; they only want guns to use them against us.

My wifes 66 year old sister-in-law was just told to buy a gun by her son; she's been anti-gun all her life, is afraid of guns and never shot one, pretty stupid advice.

If the folks out there panic buying their first gun are like her, i really don't like folks like that having guns. All the crazy shit they(wrongly) predicted: blood in the streets if concealed carry is allowed, blood in the streets if open carry is allowed and on and on, will come true when they arm themselves...i think they should all be red flagged and meet a swat team at 2 AM in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I'd be very cautious about welcoming them; they only want guns to use them against us.

My wifes 66 year old sister-in-law was just told to buy a gun by her son; she's been anti-gun all her life, is afraid of guns and never shot one, pretty stupid advice.

If the folks out there panic buying their first gun are like her, i really don't like folks like that having guns. All the crazy shit they(wrongly) predicted: blood in the streets if concealed carry is allowed, blood in the streets if open carry is allowed and on and on, will come true when they arm themselves...i think they should all be red flagged and meet a swat team at 2 AM in the morning
    Agreed, you shouldn't go buy your first gun by yourself if you have no idea what you are doing. Need to spend some time (not just 1 range session) with a friend who is knowledgeable or take an NRA class. shouldn't just run to the gun store and buy a gun if you've never shot one.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with so many people who have NEVER held a gun in their lives, who know NOTHING about guns, and in fact have been afraid of them their entire lives, now rushing out and getting firearms. Those are the folks I don't trust with guns. They will sweep muzzles across other people, they'll probably have accidental discharges, ugh, if all of THEIR friends are gun hating libtards, who will teach them gun safety and handling? Who will teach them how to properly maintain and clean? (well I guess there are youtube videos for that).

Thanks for all the responses on this thread. They were all good!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Like many others here I'm sure, I started prepping after O'Zero first took office. Boomsticks and feed for same to last until Yugoslavia 2.0 or whatever comes and goes. Have been training with firearms of various sorts since the early 70's. Still have decent eyesight and both of my index fingers work fine. All of these Johnny-come-Latelys are just that...late to a party many of us have been at for decades.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Man the gun stores in middle Tennessee are packed. All day packed. Ronnie Barrett's old place The Outpost was jammed from open to now - they keep late hours.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

You think it's crazy now wait till Sept,Oct come the election time.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    You think it's crazy now wait till Sept,Oct come the election time.
    Actually I don't think it's the same thing.

People who buy guns during elections are aware of politics and large social trends. They fear violence by ANTIFA and other violent groups or they fear the Democrats gaining power and enacting bans, but above all, they pay attention to what's going on.

At least in CA and other places, the panic buying is directly a result of the PRISONS releasing tons of prisoners for fear of infecting their population and POLICE and SHERIFF departments ANNOUNCING to the world that they're NOT going to respond to many 911 calls (because of quarantine, risk of exposure to officer and being short staffed due to officers being infected). That's a situation where people who don't even pay attention to elections are aware of. With criminals being flooded on the streets and the cops saying "you're on your own" .... I see REAL palpable FEAR on the faces of people who don't own ANY firearms.

Again, I'm sitting pretty like most of my associates and friends who already have guns and ammo, but I surely understand their panic. It's a situation that NONE of us would have to fear (being completely unarmed in the face of such a fucked up situation) but tons of folks are seeing the light as to WHY we support 2A so strongly.

Well, some guys follow the teachings of Massad Ayoob, other Jeff Cooper. I am a disciple of Joe Biden. If things get bad, I will recall his advice of pointing that shotgun out the door and shooting blindly into the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Well, some guys follow the teachings of Massad Ayoob, other Jeff Cooper. I am a disciple of Joe Biden. If things get bad, I will recall his advice of pointing that shotgun out the door and shooting blindly into the dark.
    Well, if you're a Commucrat donor, you're golden. If you're not, you'll end up doing something that Hitlary will never do; serve time in an orange jumpsuit.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast