Thread: Any other truck drivers here?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Any other truck drivers here?

What, if anything, are your companies telling you?
    We were told we would run throughout the crisis. Looking at the news, I can't decide if we are going to be sitting home or working 70 hours. I drive for an ltl outfit, and we haul very little food but a lot of medical supplies and Dell computer.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I drive day cab LTL meet and swap trailer every night and return unless something goes wrong then I drive through and spend overnight in a motel. Our procedure is now we get to work, stay in our car call into dispatch and see if our bills are ready. Avoiding more than 3 drivers in the drivers room at a time.(it's a big room normally 20 or more in there) We are all apparently vital workers, we're special. Or as another driver said, EXPENDABLE LOL

My brother is an OTR driver and goes to multiple states. As for now, he hasn't had much reduction in work.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

People still don't get it. Lots of places have me walk right into their office to sign bills, count freight, ooen my door.
    I developed a cough over the weekend. Its probably just pollen, but who knows.
    Keep your distance, folks

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    People still don't get it. Lots of places have me walk right into their office to sign bills, count freight, ooen my door.
    Depending on your location, many tree pollens and mold/mildew are out, causing some people problems. Also, if you are on certain blood pressure meds (enalapril/lisinopril), they are known to cause a dry cough in many people.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Dude your are an essential worker. READ: EXPENDABLE worker. suck it up.

As your friendly grocer, I get to interact closely with fun, interesting people by the hundreds on a daily basis, including truck drivers unloading at our docks. Corporate has let us know us part timers lives are worth an additional and so far one time payment of $150.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I'm pulling in 12 to 14 hours a day , we have a letter from our employer for our work tuck and personal vehicle , we are deemed essential .

For the record I run a pneumatic trailer hauling everything from barley ,flour to lime , on different trailer of course.