Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive changes from Cornavirus?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Positive changes from Cornavirus?

A lot has been said about the negative effects this will have on our lives, but are there any positives that can come about?

Will this have a unifying effect like 9/11 did?

Will our congress find their balls and fight against the globalist agenda and close the fucking borders (or a least restrict entrance)

Strange things are happening lately.
    We had to go to the grocery store to pick up my wifes meds, i waited in the truck. I watched a couple old folks walking to their cars and two 20 something kids grabbed their cart pushed it to their car and unloaded the cart for them, saw this a couple times. My wife came out talking to a 30 something woman and thanking her for her kindness, she told me the woman insisted on paying for her purchases (about $12) because "we need to come together and help each other"

I went to home depot to get some 2x4 and some young mexican dude loaded it my truck for me, didn't need to ask for help

People that i wouldn't expect are being nice to me, geez i may have to suspend my cynical old man routine for a while

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The upside is they did that to help you out. (charity)

The downside to that is they did it because they see you as old. (pity)

The upside is that you've spent a lot more time on the right side of the dirt than a whole lot of other people ever did. (satisfaction)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Maybe we'll finally get our shit together and end our reliance on China.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

Have you SEEN the fucktard Libtard MEDIA? The MSM douchbags are calling this 'the TRUMP PLAGUE". Doesn't matter what he does, they'll go insane trying to spin anything to smear him. This is nothing like 911. At least the MEDIA didn't attack Bush and America when we were under attack. The Media and the Democrats don't care any more. They WANT to destroy America now. Anything to screw over Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Have you SEEN the fucktard Libtard MEDIA? The MSM douchbags are calling this 'the TRUMP PLAGUE". Doesn't matter what he does, they'll go insane trying to spin anything to smear him. This is nothing like 911. At least the MEDIA didn't attack Bush and America when we were under attack. The Media and the Democrats don't care any more. They WANT to destroy America now. Anything to screw over Trump.
    All this is part of the Commucrat agenda. To them, the end justifies the means. They'll bring this nation down just to satisfy their hatred of Trump and will do ANYTHING to get rid of him.

The Commucrat Party should be labeled a terrorist organization for all they've done to destroy this nation.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Maybe we'll finally get our shit together and end our reliance on China.
    That's what i'd like to see happen, as well the politicians who allowed/caused this to happen voted out of office. It's insane that america can be brought to it's knees by this. We'll bounce back, we always do but we better pay serious attention to the weakness this has exposed cause our enemies certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yeah i have, but i've lived for 40 years with a woman who never focuses on the the bad side of things (it's really annoying sometimes) and i guess i'm getting caught up in her hopefulness.

But hey, thanks for reminding me how fucked up people are (asshole)....i guess it's back to my cynical old man routine

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Not saying this is directly related to covid19, but people all over social media are noticing that Twitter, Faceplant, Youtube, etc have stopped censoring conservative content.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Not saying this is directly related to covid19, but people all over social media are noticing that Twitter, Faceplant, Youtube, etc have stopped censoring conservative content.
    Why do you think that's happening?

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

People are speculating that Trump has ordered them to open up or lose safe-harbor protections or that the feds have actually taken over the platforms completely. Frankly, it's a mystery to me.

Coincidentally, I received an extensive Gallup poll on this very topic this morning.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

But hey, thanks for reminding me how fucked up people are (asshole)....i guess it's back to my cynical old man routine

My pleasure! You're welcome! LOL.

But I kinda MISS the days when the media did NOT attack George W. Bush and worked all together to support our government and nation in the days after 9/11. But the media is no longer like that. They're America hating traitor fucktards. This is unprecedented. I've never seen a Media that is so willing to destroy it's own country just to take down a president.

A lot has been said about the negative effects this will have on our lives, but are there any positives that can come about?
    I'd like to think so but in this day and age?

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Well I'll be damned:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilh...virus-pandemic
    Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

"Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."
    At first glance it's a feel good but when you see what she's happy about
    Omar was responding to a post by The Intercept's Lee Fang, who noted: "Trump suspending mortgage foreclosures, demanding cash payments to Americans, now invoking the Defense Production Act to force private firms to produce needed supplies is incredible.
    Pretty sure she'll be back to bitching when this passes

Tank_Monkey you are dead on with that post. China has set up America like ten pins with this hoax. They have knocked our great economy out and put the U.S. in a tail spin. In a few weeks Americans will wake up to a "depression".

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Well I'll be damned:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilh...virus-pandemic
    Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

"Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."
    At first glance it's a feel good but when you see what she's happy about
    Omar was responding to a post by The Intercept's Lee Fang, who noted: "Trump suspending mortgage foreclosures, demanding cash payments to Americans, now invoking the Defense Production Act to force private firms to produce needed supplies is incredible.
    Pretty sure she'll be back to bitching when this passes
    I'll bet Commucrats are reeling with her statement. They sure as hell weren't planning on one of their own praising Trump. She'll get a severe reprimand for breaking stride, of that you can be sure.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    Tank_Monkey you are dead on with that post. China has set up America like ten pins with this hoax. They have knocked our great economy out and put the U.S. in a tail spin. In a few weeks Americans will wake up to a "depression".
    If this wasn't planned it is a an example of what could be a very effective strategy. When a new flu pops up it is an opportunity to paralyze the rest of the world. In an authoritarian communist regime they can withstand a shutdown for a few weeks (months) and then get back to work while everyone else is still holding their dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I'll bet Commucrats are reeling with her statement. They sure as hell weren't planning on one of their own praising Trump. She'll get a severe reprimand for breaking stride, of that you can be sure.
    Speaking of which on the flip side

https://www.foxnews.com/world/high-p...inping-a-clown
    An outspoken tycoon who blasted Chinese President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party for their abysmal handling of the coronavirus has gone missing, his friends say.
    Ren Zhiqiang, a retired real estate executive, has never been shy about sharing his feelings toward people in power. In fact, last month he called Xi, one of China's most powerful leaders in modern history, a "clown" and slammed the government's efforts to contain COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Speaking of which on the flip side

https://www.foxnews.com/world/high-p...inping-a-clown
    An outspoken tycoon who blasted Chinese President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party for their abysmal handling of the coronavirus has gone missing, his friends say.
    Ren Zhiqiang, a retired real estate executive, has never been shy about sharing his feelings toward people in power. In fact, last month he called Xi, one of China's most powerful leaders in modern history, a "clown" and slammed the government's efforts to contain COVID-19.
    I'd say he got a serious "reprimand."

Freedom isn't free.

This may have been in another thread here but I don't remember.
    Somebody pointed out that, 11 years ago, the "swine flu" (another Chinese import) made more people sick than Covid-19 and caused the deaths of a much higher percentage of those who contracted the swine flu.
    Where was the media hype back then???
    OH, that's right - they couldn't embarrass the "Anointed One". Now, with a president they despise, they will say and do anything to get rid of him.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This may have been in another thread here but I don't remember.
    Somebody pointed out that, 11 years ago, the "swine flu" (another Chinese import) made more people sick than Covid-19 and caused the deaths of a much higher percentage of those who contracted the swine flu.
    Where was the media hype back then???
    OH, that's right - they couldn't embarrass the "Anointed One". Now, with a president they despise, they will say and do anything to get rid of him.
    Exactly! That's why the Faux Media is keeping Covid-19 in the forefront of all news broadcasts. They're doing their best to cause as much panic as they can just to try and make Trump take all the blame for all the havoc they're causing.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast