Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A pot of Coffee for everyone! Kathy is running again!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Damn 63, reading that pissed ME off! I'm speechless. Damn!
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Good morning folks'
    Little chilly this morning....43 degrees is chilly here.
    Trying a wolfgang pucks dark french roast (walmart), good.
    works awaiting
    There is always free cheese in a mouse trap

63D that stinks! But OG is right, family can really stink at times. Speaking from experience. If I were your Aunt I would find a way to press charges, may sound harsh but that is what should be done.

Hello all, I have been AWOL for about 7 years from this forum, you all helped get me through a long one year remote tour in Korea back in 2003. Life got really busy for about three years upon my return and then I retired from the AF. Glad to recognize some of the names on this forum as the rest of the site has changed drastically. I still drink coffee and will check in from time to time. Hope all has been well for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by coondawg47 View Post
    Hello all, I have been AWOL for about 7 years from this forum, you all helped get me through a long one year remote tour in Korea back in 2003. Life got really busy for about three years upon my return and then I retired from the AF. Glad to recognize some of the names on this forum as the rest of the site has changed drastically. I still drink coffee and will check in from time to time. Hope all has been well for everyone!
    Welcome Back! So great to see you. Happy Veterans Day and Thank You for Your Service.

happy veterans day to all yall
    Windy day in Commie L.A.
    Seems like I like my coffee like I like my ex's hearts....black and bitter

I really don't understand what would make a fairly successful person take advantage of her widowed mother like that. To steal from her mother like that????!!! Okay, maybe I should back down a little. There's clues that point to her taking from her mom, but the DOD will discover for sure. When my aunt places her claim, the DOD will say she'll get the money, or will say the payments are being made already. If that happens, I'm siccing the FBI onto the case. I'm sure Uncle Sugar doesn't like people stealing from them.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Looks like my mom is having fun in Holland! She's not doing too bad for an 80 year old.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Well, she's shopping, every woman's ideal heaven on earth. Of course she's doing good.

Ma's been moaning and groaning for 2 weeks, took her to town yesterday to buy a shirt. Took all day, spent $3.69 after 3 discounts and the sale price. Still giggling today.

I would have gone in, spent $36 and been home 40 minutes after leaving home. Women got it to a science, I'm lost if its anything but a hammer or a box of ammo.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

63D it looks like she is really enjoying herself. You had a great idea sending her on a trip to have fun.

I hate most shopping, maybe its from fixing cash registers at the malls for years. I like catalog shopping from home.

63D,
    That sucks and it would also be a crime.

Some things are best left undone and others need to be corrected; this needs to be firmly corrected. As it is a crime someone needs nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by rick314 View Post
    Good morning folks'
    Little chilly this morning....43 degrees is chilly here.
    Trying a wolfgang pucks dark french roast (walmart), good.
    works awaiting
    I am drinking a high altitude shade grown Mexican coffee. It is unexpectedly good..

PS
    Wal-mart sells a Great Value 100% Arabica which is consistently a great value in coffee..

I'm having my aunt process the paperwork to get her survivor's bennies. If the DOD says it was already paid, I'm sure they'll deal with the problem. If I hear they won't, I'll report it to the FBI, the media, and spread the information all over the web! As far as I'm concerned, who ever stole the money deserves the jail time! I don't care if it's my cousin and her husband. If it was her and her husband, they deserve it even more!

63D now all you can do is wait and see. I hope your Aunt gets her benefits, that would be the best outcome.

I talked to my son in the Army, the doctors say there are very few jobs he could do in the Military now. He is limited to lifting no more than 15 lbs, his knees back and neck are messed up. His command is screwing with people on Med Board, and some of his friends have gotten screwed out of their benefits. Son is being very careful to avoid this problem himself.

He feels everyone who gets a raw deal owes it to the rest of those who were injured in combat to stand up and not get cheated to stop the precedence being set for those coming behind them.

I liked what Glenn Beck said Friday, pay congressmen and women what a CPL gets paid in the Army. A great idea I think...

Kathy, is your son's condition due to wear and tear, or was he injured?

If command is harassing the soldier about their medical out, it's time to call or write the congresscritters and the media. When you contact the media, I'd start with Bill O'Reilly of Fox. oreilly@foxnews.com He's also on facebook. It's best to get as much public coverage as possible to get the command to stop messin with those who deserve the medical out.

Good morning folks

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    I'm having my aunt process the paperwork to get her survivor's bennies. If the DOD says it was already paid, I'm sure they'll deal with the problem. If I hear they won't, I'll report it to the FBI, the media, and spread the information all over the web! As far as I'm concerned, who ever stole the money deserves the jail time! I don't care if it's my cousin and her husband. If it was her and her husband, they deserve it even more!
    Good for you. That was a low despicable act and someone needs to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Kathy, is your son's condition due to wear and tear, or was he injured?

If command is harassing the soldier about their medical out, it's time to call or write the congresscritters and the media. When you contact the media, I'd start with Bill O'Reilly of Fox. oreilly@foxnews.com He's also on facebook. It's best to get as much public coverage as possible to get the command to stop messin with those who deserve the medical out.
    I have volunteered repeatedly, he says they have already involved the Congressman and he is also working with the Military lawyers.

He didn't want me to do it, but I may anyway. His condition is wear and injury. He was in 2 blasts in Iraq and injured in training. Some knucklehead made him run carrying a guy who couldnt keep up, with all of both of their gear. The knucklehead then grabbed the guy my son was carrying and twisted him wrecking sons knees. Then they kept delaying real medical attention until he passed out from the pain trying to keep working. They were preparing to deploy, and were putting pressure on everyone to deploy regardless.

They had deployed a badly injured guy before and Congress eventually stepped in. It makes no sense other than they are playing with numbers. But these young guys will have to live with the damage that dumb asses cause and then also the insult to injury is that they are also deprived of the medical care they deserve.

Awesome.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    He was in 2 blasts in Iraq and injured in training. Some knucklehead made him run carrying a guy who couldnt keep up, with all of both of their gear. The knucklehead then grabbed the guy my son was carrying and twisted him wrecking sons knees. Then they kept delaying real medical attention until he passed out from the pain trying to keep working. They were preparing to deploy, and were putting pressure on everyone to deploy regardless.
    Young men under pressure without much life experience have always made some bad judgments and gotten people hurt in the rush to complete their objective. the military has always been slow to adjust their methods and acknowledge mistakes. My prayers for your son and hopefully whoever is representing him is good and can find a sympathetic ear. I pray he gets a fair hearing. It isn't just the army, I can think of several dozen cases of training accidents that resulted in injury or death since I first joined in 63 and changes always came slowly.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast