Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: A pot of Coffee for everyone! Kathy is running again!

I'm having problems with my cablemodem. I'll be replacing it tomorrow on the way home from the girls school. Feels strange accessing the Internet via my IPhone!
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Microdiscectomy (disc) surgery tomorrow at 1300 hrs Pacific Time. I'll check in when I get home sometime on Friday. I've never had surgery before. My 20 yr old son has had numerous surgeries throughout his life, such as airway reconstruction and surgery to drain infectious masses from the brain so if he can take it in stride, I guess I can.

Don't think I'll be doing much but surfing the internet for a couple of weeks.

See you on the other side.

Brian
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Great attitude BTCave, you will be fine and hoping it eliminates your pain all together.

Prayers

Brian, hang in there! After everything is over, you'll feel much better. Let us know when you're feeling up to going on-line again.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    You will be up on your feet and walking your tush off way before you expect. They don't let you lay around recuperating anymore so you may get some surfing time in but you will have to seal it in the wee hours of the night when you aren't doing PT and other chores. I pray for a successful outcome and complete recovery.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Good luck BT.... Tell the nurses to behave...and dont argue with the man holding the sharp knives. You`ll be up and kicking before you know it..

OG.. If you were 1/4 norwegian you would be Mr Wisconsin for life...

Did I tell you that my voice came back for one day? One day only, but still. Loud and clear, definitely gone the next day. Enough to spook little one though. They plan to cut my throat in the near future. That should become interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    Did I tell you that my voice came back for one day? One day only, but still. Loud and clear, definitely gone the next day. Enough to spook little one though. They plan to cut my throat in the near future. That should become interesting.
    Can I help? The knife you gave me would work right nicely for that.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I hope all of you are ok, everyone seems to be getting surgery.

Got a new toy, a Taurus .357 stainless steel revolver. I know you all will probably laugh, but I like it.

Its my gradiation from a .22 for the range.

Got a new toy, a Taurus .357 stainless steel revolver. I know you all will probably laugh, but I like it.
    Nobody is laughing, that is some serious firepower and so versatile you might not ever need another gun. Try everything you can lay your hands on, from 125 gr hollow points to sneaky slow but accurate 148 gr WC to 180 gr lead round nose bullets. You have everything from dainty little paper punching power to absolutely ruining the day of a Moose. I don't recommend the latter, he might ruin your day too. Somewhere is the bullet that your gun likes over all others and you will love it for that reason alone.

Now give, barrel length, model number, picture, target, don't be so stingy with the information. My weather map only gives you a 90% chance of it snowing tomorrow and temps all the way up to 32 degrees. Perfect shooting conditions. Makes the coffee and hot chocolate taste that much better.

THUCYDIDES.

Taurus 669 vent rib 6" stainless steel 357 magnum

edit: I especially like the neon sight thing.

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    I hope all of you are ok, everyone seems to be getting surgery.

Taurus makes fine guns. I just recently traded for a PT1911 and it is a tack driver. I now keep a 357 ruger revolver down in the garage for backup.
    Purchased some good but cheap hollow points from AIM.

BTW i like your new toy.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

If you get frisky and shoot some serious hot stuff you will really appreciate the 6" and full rib. Any eyeball over the age of 30 appreciates those nice big glowing dots up front.

If you find the snappy loads a little hard to handle you might want to look at aftermarket Hogue grips. They make a world of difference in being able to grip the gun during recoil without the pain. I like the original grips but I had to take mine off the 41 mag and replace them with Pachmayr. Your hands are smaller than mine so you would probably like the finger grooves in the Hogue. Be less slippery when your hands get sweaty.

6" barrel, you little fox you, I love it.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post

two nice things about the .357 revolver; One, you can shoot .38 special out of it to save $$$. Two, you can also get a lever action rifle in .357 so you have two firearms that uses the same round.

Alice in Chains, thats a great idea, makes it easier to stock up.

Thanks Guys, I have graduated to bigger gun. Not sure if I could carry it concealed, but I cant wait to get to the range with it.

A friend said get a boot holster. She said that works for her, now I just need a giant boot.
    Last edited by kathy; 01-07-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Kathy, I wouldnt carry that 6"r in my boot if I were you. You would catch a limp like a wingshot crow....

Not to mention the toe of the holster would be at your ankle and the butt of the gun almost up to your knee. Something like this might work a little better as long as you aren't sliding in and out of your car while wearing it. Then a shoulder holster or bandoleer would be better. http://www.cowboyneeds.com/holsters_...urus_66-6.html

I can see you with the Texas holster going down the highway on your bike, drivers saying I didn't see that little bitty motorcycle but I sure saw that BIG GUN!

THUCYDIDES.

Cool Back Home

Kathy- That is some real nice steel there. I hope to get something similar in the future.

Surgery went fine. I'm doped up on pain meds, but walking to the bathroom is quite a painful chore in the lower back, regardless. Can't stand up straight. Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm home now, and will be home for at least two to three weeks before I go back to work. Desk job thank goodness.

Brian

Hot Damn, good news. It will get better fast as soon as the swelling goes down. In the meantime enjoy the legal buzz if you can.

THUCYDIDES.

Brian so glad its over with and your fine, thank you for letting us know how your doing. Speedy recovery for you.

humm A limp... I didnt think of that, but as I tried to plan I thought a big hoop skirt would hide it. Maybe across my back on the bike since a hoop skirt would be impractical for shifting..

OG- I just read your signature line. Groan...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast