Thread: Fed predicts 30% or more unemployment.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Fed predicts 30% or more unemployment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/coro...-fed-says.html

What is this country going to look like a year from now?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/coro...-fed-says.html

What is this country going to look like a year from now?
    Short term. Or else they are trying hard to fuck us. Most small businesses don't have more than 2 -3 weeks cash reserve. The bill for borrowing is not interest free and certainly not strings not attached. Gotta be opened up in two weeks or it's the end. 90% or more of our economy is small business. This makes it hard to think it wasn't intentional by the Chinese in their level 4 lab.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Short term. Or else they are trying hard to fuck us. Most small businesses don't have more than 2 -3 weeks cash reserve. The bill for borrowing is not interest free and certainly not strings not attached. Gotta be opened up in two weeks or it's the end. 90% or more of our economy is small business. This makes it hard to think it wasn't intentional by the Chinese in their level 4 lab.

Agreed small biz is hitting the end of the rope, and on the chiocoms meaning to let it loose, I recall a story about chicoms revising their level 4 safety protocol right as the shit got going over there. Their lab is only a few km from their scapegoat fish market. Kinda points to me they let it out unintentionally but keep in mind these are people who harvest organs from live prisoners to suit western medical needs.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Last week, first time unemployment claims were 3.3 million.
    This week's numbers were up to 6.6 million.

Almost 10 million people making first time claims in the last two weeks and they estimate that next week will be even worse.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    With almost everything shut down by government decree be it state or fed, people are not allowed to go to work so why is anyone surprised there are people filing for unemployment?

Of course it does make big news, it bleeds, it leads.

I stopped watching the news, reminds me of my teen years with the death count in Nam being the number one news every damned day. Today substitute Covid-19 for Nam and today's teens get a taste of hell.

Our President Big Don T says, the economy will correct during the 4th Quarter. He also predicts that 2 Million Americans will die in the next 2 weeks. Which will I draw? Death or more dollars??

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    With almost everything shut down by government decree be it state or fed, people are not allowed to go to work so why is anyone surprised there are people filing for unemployment?

Of course it does make big news, it bleeds, it leads.

I stopped watching the news, reminds me of my teen years with the death count in Nam being the number one news every damned day. Today substitute Covid-19 for Nam and today's teens get a taste of hell.
    My wife and i were just talking about that, the daily body count was used as a tool to scare the fuck out of us and make people think we were losing the war, same tactic now. In fact a lot of the shit happening now has a feeling of deja vu

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I have been on staycation this week. It's been great. But while I was enjoying the country life, several great guys at my work were furloughed. I sure feel for them. I look forward to getting back and driving, but I don't look forward to being amongst the unwashed masses.
    Long term, I am not optimistic about our economy. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I have been on staycation this week. It's been great. But while I was enjoying the country life, several great guys at my work were furloughed. I sure feel for them. I look forward to getting back and driving, but I don't look forward to being amongst the unwashed masses.
    Long term, I am not optimistic about our economy. Time will tell.
    I predict that a "vaccine" will be developed and be mandatory... along with an implanted RFID chip to prove you have been innoculated. No chippy, no worky, no entrance to a store or restaurant, no driver's license, no mortgage loans, etc.....

The mark of the beast.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!