Thread: Being Un-Tactical

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Pretty good read, As the article states, most defensive actions are handled in 3-5 shots being fired. There is seldom a need to reload, so hi-cap mags and firearms aren't necessary to handle this. A good revolver and lever action are, usually, all that's needed. (Not ignoring shotguns here, just most "tactical" firearms.

I'm getting so I'm less and less interested in hi-cap firearms and more interested in the "older" traditional type of firearms such as lever actions, revolver carbines, lever actions, and muzzle loaders. This article just reinforced that interest.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I am interested in why he made a big point against shooting to kill. I was always taught that the only time it is justified for me to fire a shot in self defense is if I genuinely believe that my life is in immediate danger. If I am not intending to respond by killing my attacker then do I really believe that the threat against me is serious enough to justify firing the shot in the first place?

Sorry but if I have to take a shot in self defense it will be several aimed at the middle to bottom of the sternum.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I am guessing that in a court of law after the defensive shooting that depending on which of the 50 states you live in, some don't care, defensive is defensive but some might frown if they heard you say that to protect yourself, just stopping the attack wasn't enough, you wanted to make sure the attacker never attacked again. It is an unfortunate fine line thanks to the bleeding heart lawyers who believe that criminals have more rights than those they attack.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I am guessing that in a court of law after the defensive shooting that depending on which of the 50 states you live in, some don't care, defensive is defensive but some might frown if they heard you say that to protect yourself, just stopping the attack wasn't enough, you wanted to make sure the attacker never attacked again. It is an unfortunate fine line thanks to the bleeding heart lawyers who believe that criminals have more rights than those they attack.
    While getting my FL CCW, we, also, had to make sure we were qualified to carry in DE. The Deputy told us that if we ever had to shoot in DE, to make sure the first thing we said, when a police officer showed up, was the the attacker was trying to kill you and you want him arrested (even if he's dead and lying on the ground). Don't make any other statements until you say that first.

I think DE is rather picky on that aspect.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

but if I feel safe intentionally wounding the guy, as in shooting in an extremity, can I argue that my life was really in jeopardy?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I guess I am spoiled by Indiana Castle Doctrine. "I felt my life was in danger!" "Okay."