Thread: Below the Radar: The PLEA Act

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Below the Radar: The PLEA Act

After today, it's all historical.

I really don't understand the infatuation both with some gun owners and the anti-gunners with the 5.7. The "real" ammo for it is heavily regulated. Other than low recoil and capacity I don't see what it has going for it.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I really don't understand the infatuation both with some gun owners and the anti-gunners with the 5.7. The "real" ammo for it is heavily regulated. Other than low recoil and capacity I don't see what it has going for it.
    As far as I can see, it really has nothing going for it. My guess is that Engle chose the 5.7 because, since very few people shoot that caliber (and thereby, fewer people affected), it should meet with less opposition from pro-constitution legislators and private citizens.

However, ANY anti-gun legislation is a win for the Commucrats regardless of how ineffective it turns out to be.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Banning the FN Five-seveN is that old camel nose in the tent idea. Find a firearm that is expensive enough and uses a round that isn't that popular and nobody will care. Of course after a bill banning it is passed, somehow another pistol gets added to the original ban, then another, then another... and suddenly we have a replay of the 1968 GCA which gave us firearms that meet a sporting purpose as well as the 1994 banned by name list.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Adding- if the idiot proposing this things the 5.7x28 is such a "cop killer" round, he has no clue about body armor piercing ammo. Many year ago in Indiana a poor police officer found out first hand that wearing body armor does not negate smart entry techniques. Wearing his armor, he ran into the house and was confronted by the home owner with a rifle. Poor policeman was killed instantly.

All pro-firearm associations need to fight this nonsense which I don't believe will ever see the light of day, but the fight still needs to be made.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support a ban of any kind what so ever but with the AP ammo already being restricted I don't see what the big deal is. I understand with the gun banners that its the same shit as the .50 BMG stuff (you can take down an airliner with one, remember that?).