Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Postal Service could shut down by June, lawmakers warn

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post US Postal Service could shut down by June, lawmakers warn

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartanntp

Does anyone here have any insight on rhis subject?

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I'm sure Commucrats are rubbing their hands together, grinning, and licking their lips over this....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Well my stepdad just retired from the Cleveland, Tn po. He wouldn't be surprised. Who knows, really. Crazy times, and it's just beginning.
    I drive for an LTL outfit out of middle Tennessee. We furloughed seven people Thursday. Company wide we furloughed hundreds.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartanntp

Does anyone here have any insight on rhis subject?

Steve
    My next door neighbor has been a mailman for 20 years, i'll ask him today

I guess I won't have to pay those pesky bills then. I don't do that auto pay. I don't want everybody having access to my bank account. Had a bad experience with Hughesnet.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

This would be bad. I get all my official notices from USPS. I get all my bills from USPS. Sure I get a lot of junk mail as well, but it's the NECESSARY stuff that I don't want to NOT receive.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Agree with Tank. The US postal service is extremely important as the only way to get an official notice that can be believed. I will never believe an email from some "official notice" until we can be 100% sure it is legit, and that is never going to happen as hackers and scammers are always a step ahead.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I thought the democrat stuff everything in the coronavirus bill paid off all their debt?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I thought the democrat stuff everything in the coronavirus bill paid off all their debt?
    It could have if there wasn't so much waste in it. All they had to do was give every citizen a million dollars ($360M) and the problem would be solved (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know).

As it is, everyone gets about $1200 and the total bill comes to $2 trillion dollars.

Even with my D- math skills, I can see that none of this adds up.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    All they had to do was give every citizen a million dollars ($360M) and the problem would be solved
    ? There are ~330M people in this country a million dollars each? 330E6 x 1E6 = $330E12 (330,000,000 x $1,000,000 = $330,000,000,000,000). Thats a hell of a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    ? There are ~330M people in this country a million dollars each? 330E6 x 1E6 = $330E12 (330,000,000 x $1,000,000 = $330,000,000,000,000). Thats a hell of a lot of money!
    LOL. I loved it when the Libtard media thought that we could 'give' everyone in the country a Million dollars for free (remember that story? ) But seriously. If everyone GOT a Million for free, then a Million would be WORTHLESS. The value of our dollar would plummet to the value of the Venezuelan Bolivar or worse... the Ugandan Shilling during Idi Amin's reign.

Seriously. I worry about the value of our dollar. If our property, our investments, our land and our bank accounts become worthless (well at least currency wise) then our society collapses. I still have a lot of money tied up in stocks and property and guns of course

I the regressives are demanding vote by mail, you know it's bad for America.

I'll just leave this right here.

George Soros Groups Pushing Democrat Scheme for Mail-In Voting
    Progressive organizations, many backed by billionaire activist George Soros, are at the front lines of a campaign advocating for a “vote by mail” system in the upcoming presidential election, citing fears that the Chinese coronavirus pandemic makes it too dangerous to vote in person.
    https://thewashingtonstandard.com/ge...ail-in-voting/

if they give a few billion to USPS they just might slip in mandatory vote by mail too, where votes can be manufactured to suit an desired outcome
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

That's why I got a D- in math.

On a math test, with an infinite number of numbers to choose from and I always chose the wrong ones....

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    LOL. I loved it when the Libtard media thought that we could 'give' everyone in the country a Million dollars for free (remember that story? ) But seriously. If everyone GOT a Million for free, then a Million would be WORTHLESS. The value of our dollar would plummet to the value of the Venezuelan Bolivar or worse... the Ugandan Shilling during Idi Amin's reign.

Seriously. I worry about the value of our dollar. If our property, our investments, our land and our bank accounts become worthless (well at least currency wise) then our society collapses. I still have a lot of money tied up in stocks and property and guns of course
    One of my first thoughts with the discussion of the 2 (up to 6) trillion dollar stimulus that was just passed is that it is putting more money into circulation which is devaluing any money that I have in savings. I also think that economically one of the ways out of this situation will be through inflation which will further devalue my savings. However, people across this country are suffering and if it helps I am willing to take the hit as there are those who are suffering worse. In the long run, as I am a property owner (mortgage) I will come out ahead over someone who is renting. Say for the sake of discussion that I have a $500k property and pay the bank $2500 a month. If that property becomes worth $1M in the next 5 years due to inflation, I will still only pay the bank $2500 a month and will have made $500k in value on top of what I own on the principal of my loan. At the same time, someone who is renting, at say $1500 a month (yes it can be that expensive, or more, around here) will be paying $3000 a month in those 5 years and have $0 in equity. Over that course of time, hopefully, incomes adjust accordingly and that $2500 a month will feel like $1250 a month today. So if I can stay in my home, if I can stay employed, and if the ecomony does recover, one who owns property will come out ahead.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I finally talked to my neighbor, he said the post office is not going to close, (more BS clickbait news) just politics as usual. In fact while there is not of letter deliverys ( no more junk mail) the package deliverys are through the roof.

About the stimulus money, the TV news says the stimulus checks are on the way while they showed a video of 100 dollar bills running through the printing press, thought that was appropriate.

One of my first thoughts with the discussion of the 2 (up to 6) trillion dollar stimulus that was just passed is that it is putting more money into circulation which is devaluing any money that I have in savings. I also think that economically one of the ways out of this situation will be through inflation which will further devalue my savings. However, people across this country are suffering and if it helps I am willing to take the hit as there are those who are suffering worse. In the long run, as I am a property owner (mortgage) I will come out ahead over someone who is renting. Say for the sake of discussion that I have a $500k property and pay the bank $2500 a month. If that property becomes worth $1M in the next 5 years due to inflation, I will still only pay the bank $2500 a month and will have made $500k in value on top of what I own on the principal of my loan. At the same time, someone who is renting, at say $1500 a month (yes it can be that expensive, or more, around here) will be paying $3000 a month in those 5 years and have $0 in equity. Over that course of time, hopefully, incomes adjust accordingly and that $2500 a month will feel like $1250 a month today. So if I can stay in my home, if I can stay employed, and if the ecomony does recover, one who owns property will come out ahead.
    One thing not considered is the velocity of money. Right now the velocity of money (money changing hands) in the US is slower than in a long time because everything's shut down and people have or are burning thru their savings. I doubt inflation will be more than effective on the economy than plain old supply and demand, ie say the case of food, it'll go up because there's less of it around with food production slowing - something unrelated to inflation. The first $1200 is already spent anyway, I doubt this will be a one and done scenario, they will have to do several more.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The November Presidential Elections are not far away. The far Left Democrat Postal Worker's Union is gearing up to defeat "Big Don T" as President. They will propagandize for Sleepy Joe B. and continue to screw up our mail service.

I'm pretty sure we see this news article every year. The post office is not going anywhere.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

That's interesting , I got a email saying they're hiring drivers now.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    That's interesting , I got a email saying they're hiring drivers now.
    They're doing the same thing here, too.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast