Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we should be glad to have Donald Trump as our CIC instead of Hillary Clinton

Why we should be glad to have Donald Trump as our CIC instead of Hillary Clinton

I have been watching the president's press briefings during this crisis. I noticed that our president has displayed a strong reluctance to exercise or expand federal power. When questioned about national quarantine, or stopping all flights he has been reluctant. A lot of times his answer to questions is that it is up to the governors of individual states to make decisions. He has made statements that he believes the federal government is there to support the states not control them. He has even been reluctant to use federal powers under the defense production act unless absolutely necessary. He finally came out and said it during the briefing today; it is because of our constitution and his respect for it.

One of my first thoughts when it became clear that this was a national crisis was that we were going to see a federal power grab like we did after 9/11. I am sure that is what we would see if Hillary were sitting in the Whitehouse. She would have seized every possible opportunity to expand the power and scope of the federal government. I feel like this is what we experienced under Bill Clinton during the 90's, an erosion of the independence of the states. The DHS even recently said that gun stores and manufacturers were critical businesses, there is no way that would have happened under a dem.

MAGA

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Can't argue with any of that.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Can't argue with any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well said!
    Ditto !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

in hillary's case the "c" would not stand for commander.

President Trump said it again today, love and respect for the constitution. You wouldn't get that from a dem!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    President Trump said it again today, love and respect for the constitution. You wouldn't get that from a dem!
    NEVER!

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I admire the man because he knew the shit he was getting into and he did it anyway, and he hasn't given up on the wonderfulness of America (something a lot of folks had started to do before he jumped in)

I don't know how we pulled this off but we better stay vigilant an keep him in office

Some reporter asked him why he hasn't issued a national lock down, He said, because we have a thing called the constitution, yeah, never hear that from the "professional politicians"
    Last edited by davepool; 04-07-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

As bad as things are right now, with a democrat/communist in the Oval Office it would be 10x worse.

Thank the lord for President Trump.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    As bad as things are right now, with a democrat/communist in the Oval Office it would be 10x worse.

Thank the lord for President Trump.
    democrat/communist = Commucrat (a whole lot shorter to write and it means the same thing.....)

Freedom isn't free.

I'm thankful every day that Vile Killary is not our smirking, gun banning, self enriching POTUS....... We dodged a serious bullet on THAT ONE........

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I'm thankful every day that Vile Killary is not our smirking, gun banning, self enriching POTUS....... We dodged a serious bullet on THAT ONE........
    Actually, we're still dodging the collateral damage from her loss, unleashed by her Faux Media sycophants and the Commucrat Party.

But, I'd rather deal with the collateral fallout than having to deal with the alternative.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

drain the swamp 2020

This may be over the edge? But the Democrats have used this Moronvirus scare to shut down the booming economy. The Left had nothing to offer for next November's elections. With the U.S. unemployment and the destroyed job market the Liberals are dancing all night. President Trump will become very unpopular with the home and business foreclosures this Summer. We can only hope that "Big Don T" can kill all those Marxist snakes before the election.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I think I'd take a bath in that sanitizer if Hitlery ever got that close to me. (I'd have to try it on my eyes, too.)

And, she's really laughing at how seriously people are taking this made-up, faked crisis the commucrats and faux media have created.

(If she thought it were a real danger, she's have made sure she had taken all kinds of precautionary measures.)

Freedom isn't free.

Actually that's from back when she was running for president but I think the shoe still fits today
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only good side to the upcoming economic hit is that Trump had it so high that a lot will sustain itself for a little while longer. I also think we will see that rare instance when most people see through the news media garbage and realize that Trump did a very good job considering all the walls put up by the media and that other party.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Ah yes, "the party whose name shall not be spoken"

There's be un troops going door to door for guns and such by now if the admin was dem. You can almost see them drooling at the crisis they missed the opportunity to exploit.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast