Thread: Gun Control group warns new gun owners "Don't buy guns....the Zombies are NOT coming"

Gun Control group warns new gun owners "Don't buy guns....the Zombies are NOT coming"

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...-aren-t-coming

Gun Control Advocate Assures Americans: There’s No Need to Buy Guns ‘Cause “the Zombies” Aren’t Coming
    MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2020

In an interview with Cheddar news earlier this month, David Chipman, a “senior policy advisor” for the anti-gun group Giffords,
    was asked about his “biggest concerns” regarding the “coronavirus gun sales spike.” (If the name rings a bell, Mr. Chipman,
    formerly a “senior advisor” with Bloomberg’s pre-Everytown group MAIG and an ex-ATF agent, has, among other things,
    advocated that AR-15 rifles should be regulated “just like” fully automatic machine guns.)

During the interview, he claimed that first-time gun owners may think “in their [own] mind they might be competent.”
    However, they were really “putting themselves and their families in danger” based on whether these guns were being
    “stored safely” and properly in the home. Sitting in what appeared to be his own kitchen, Chipman advised “those people
    who were first-time gun owners” to “secure that gun locked and unloaded and hide it behind the cans of tuna and beef
    jerky that you’ve stored in a cabinet and only bring that out if the zombies start to appear, and I don’t think they are.”

you guys familiar with SCUBA at all? Its pretty easy to get yourself killed if you don't know what you are doing. In fact if you took someone who had never been diving before and had no training on diving, strapped a tank to them and then threw them out in the ocean in 100 feet of water it would be dangerous as all hell. Instead of government regulation the industry has self regulated.

In some ways I wish the gun industry through the NRA and GOA would do similar. I think this would help get the government off our backs.

Growing up my dad taught me gun safety and how to shoot. I have other friends I have helped a little bit. I have taught my wife gun safety and how to shoot. Joe Schmo who didn't have this growing up and thought guns were icky until a week ago buying his first gun with no idea what he is doing scares me a little bit. Guns are dangerous and owning them is a big responsibility. Responsible gun owners are very aware of this of course.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Chipman advised “those people
    who were first-time gun owners” to “secure that gun locked and unloaded and hide it behind the cans of tuna and beef
    jerky that you’ve stored in a cabinet and only bring that out if the zombies start to appear, and I don’t think they are.”

No,NO,NO, you hide the ammo behind the tuna and jerky, the guns go behind the canned vegetables...the kids never look there

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

The fear is totally legit:

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Actually it isn't the Undead we have to worry about, it is a bunch of rabid politicians that know what is better for us and even if we are willing to accept the consequences, it doesn't matter because it is for the betterment of the few.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    you guys familiar with SCUBA at all? Its pretty easy to get yourself killed if you don't know what you are doing. In fact if you took someone who had never been diving before and had no training on diving, strapped a tank to them and then threw them out in the ocean in 100 feet of water it would be dangerous as all hell. Instead of government regulation the industry has self regulated.

In some ways I wish the gun industry through the NRA and GOA would do similar. I think this would help get the government off our backs.

Growing up my dad taught me gun safety and how to shoot. I have other friends I have helped a little bit. I have taught my wife gun safety and how to shoot. Joe Schmo who didn't have this growing up and thought guns were icky until a week ago buying his first gun with no idea what he is doing scares me a little bit. Guns are dangerous and owning them is a big responsibility. Responsible gun owners are very aware of this of course.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this post, the NRA would be happy to teach gun safety to everyone in school. The left won't allow it. I learned gun safety through the NRA sponsored programs when I was in like 5th grade. Fact is the left doesn't want people to know gun safety, they NEED those deaths. Same as Democrats pampering violent criminals. They NEED the sheep to blame guns rather than their revolving door policy for violent scum of the earth who should be 6 ft underground instead of reeking habit on the populace.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Actually it isn't the Undead we have to worry about
    Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee raised more than a few eyebrows on social media Thursday after he tweeted a profane rant warning President Trump supporters that Democrats are going to “pay you back so f—ing hard” once they win the White House in 2020.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-to-pay-you/

“We’re going to gather up ALL of your guns, melt them down and turn them into a gargantuan metal mountain emblazoned with the face of Hillary Clinton.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee raised more than a few eyebrows on social media Thursday after he tweeted a profane rant warning President Trump supporters that Democrats are going to “pay you back so f—ing hard” once they win the White House in 2020.

“We’re going to gather up ALL of your guns, melt them down and turn them into a gargantuan metal mountain emblazoned with the face of Hillary Clinton.
    HAHAHAHA. Even more MOTIVATION for everyone get off their butts and VOTE RED, just to push in the face of this moron. I briefly met this guy back in the early 90s. Like most hair band members, he seemed kinda dumb.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post

And they'll name it, "Mount Trashmore."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars